None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
4380 posts
2674 upvotes
Gotham

Amex Offers now available for Canadian cards

I just saw this after logging in to my Canadian American Express account this morning. Not as good as offers for my US cards where there are 75+ offers, but it's a start.

It also included a credits tab that so far displays the recent shop small promotion,

Last edited by batcave on May 13th, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
For Scotiabank AmEx customers: https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/n ... pping.html

ACTIVE OFFERS:

EXPIRED OFFERS:

-Amazon.ca - Prime Day 2019
On July 15 & 16, 2019 only, when you use your registered Cobalt Card to shop online at Amazon.ca, you can earn a total of 5x the points up to a maximum of $500 (after taxes and shipping). After you reach $500 in purchases, you’ll still earn at the regular earn rate of 1x the points. Exp: 16/07/2019

-Cobalt Perks: Amex Travel Online
Spend a total of $300 or more in qualifying purchases using your registered Card at www.americanexpress.ca/travel by 31/07/2019 and earn 5000 bonus Membership Rewards points one-time. Terms Apply.

-McDonalds - My McD’s®* App
‪From July 2 to August 31, 2019, when you use your enrolled Cobalt Card on the My McD’s®* App and spend $5 (CAD) or more on 3 separate qualifying transactions, you can earn 500 bonus Membership Rewards® points. ‪Your Cobalt Card ending in XXXXX has been automatically enrolled for this offer. You must add your enrolled Cobalt Card as a payment method in the My McD’s®* App‬. Exp: 31/08/2019
RFD thread: american-express-ymmv-cobalt-get-500- ... p-2295326/

-Dyson
Spend a total of $499.99 or more in qualifying purchases using your registered Card at www.dysoncanada.ca by 13/10/2019 and earn a $70 statement credit. Limit of 3 credits. Registration cap and terms apply.

-Clearly
Get a statement credit equal to 15% of total qualifying purchases when you use your registered Card at www.clearly.ca/contact-lenses by 31/10/2019. Limit $40 in total credits. Registration cap and terms apply.

-Oxford Properties
Spend $400 or more and Earn a $100 credit. EXPIRES 2019-10-31
Make a qualifying purchase of $400 or more using your registered Card at a participating Oxford location by 31/10/2019 and earn a one-time $100 statement credit. Registration cap and terms apply.

Vancouver Translink
DETAILS
Cobalt only: Spend a total of $5 or more in qualifying purchases using your registered Card at TransLink fare purchase locations or at www.compasscard.ca by 22/12/2019 and earn a $5 statement credit. Limit of 3 credits. Terms apply.
Others: Spend a total of $10 or more in qualifying purchases using your registered Card at TransLink fare purchase locations or at www.compasscard.ca by 22/12/2019 and earn a $5 statement credit. Limit of 3 credits. Terms apply.

Ivanhoé Cambridge Gift Card
DETAILS
Make a qualifying purchase of $100 or more using your registered Card at participating Ivanhoé Cambridge location(s) by 31/12/2019 and earn a $15 statement credit. Limit of 3 credits. Registration cap and terms apply. (Mall gift cards, started September 2019)

-Weightwatchers
Spend a total of $10 or more in qualifying purchases using your registered Card at www.ww.com/ca/en/amex by 30/11/2019 and earn a one-time $10 statement credit. Terms apply.

-Casper
Spend a total of $1250 or more in qualifying purchases using your registered Card at www.casper.com/ca/en by 05/12/2019 and earn a one-time $250 statement credit. Terms apply.

-Mariott Bonvoy
Spend a total of $300 or more in qualifying room purchases using your registered Card at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ location(s) or at www.marriott.com by 31/12/2019 and earn a one-time $60 statement credit. Registration cap and terms apply.

-Mobile Service Provider Offer
Register your Card by 31/12/2019. Make 3 separate payments of at least $30 each using your registered Card at an eligible mobile service provider by 31/03/2020 and earn 1000 bonus Membership Rewards points one time. Registration cap and terms apply.
OR
Register your Card by 31/12/2019. Make 3 separate payments of at least $30 each using your registered Card at an eligible mobile service provider by 31/03/2020 and earn a one-time $10 statement credit. Registration cap and terms apply.

-McDonald's
Spend at least $10 in qualifying purchases using your registered Card at participating McDonald's Canada location(s) or in the My McD’s App®* by 15/12/2019 and earn a $5 statement credit. Limit of 2 credits. Registration cap and terms apply.

-Wayfair
Spend at least $125 in qualifying purchases using your registered Card at www.wayfair.ca/amex by 04/01/2020 and earn a one-time $25 statement credit. Registration cap and terms apply.

-Esso/Speedpass
Make 2 qualifying fuel purchases of at least $25, using your Speedpass+ app linked to your registered Card by 31/12/2019 and earn a one-time $10 statement credit. Registration cap and terms apply.

-FedEx
Get a statement credit equal to 25% of total qualifying purchases when you use your registered Card at participating FedEx location(s) or at www.fedex.ca by 31/01/2020. Limit $1000 in total credits. Terms apply.

-Linen Chest
Spend at least $200 in qualifying purchases using your registered Card at participating Linen Chest location(s) or at www.linenchest.com/en/amex by 31/12/2019 and earn a one-time $50 statement credit. Registration cap and terms apply.

-Hugo Boss
Make a qualifying purchase of at least $250 using your registered Card at participating Hugo Boss location(s) by 22/12/2019 and earn a one-time $50 statement credit. Registration cap and terms apply.

-William Ashley
Spend a total of $350 or more in qualifying purchases using your registered Card at participating William Ashley location(s) or at www.williamashley.com by 24/12/2019 and earn a one-time $50 statement credit. Terms apply.

-Basil Box
Spend at least $20 in qualifying purchases using your registered Card at participating Basil Box location(s) or at www.thebasilbox.com by 31/12/2019 and earn a one-time $5 statement credit. Terms apply.

-Canon
Spend a total of $425 or more in qualifying purchases using your registered Card at www.estore.canon.ca/en-CA/catalog by 31/12/2019 and earn a one-time $50 statement credit. Terms apply.
1134 replies
Mar 14, 2018
475 posts
520 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
For what it's worth, I have 12 different offers, including a "Spend 200$ or more and earn a 10$ credit. Up to 40$ in credits" if I pay using a mobile wallet (Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amex Pay). Quite a cool offer.

Also, if you plan to use any of the offers, make sure you register them to your card as early as possible, as the number of offers is limited, not based on redemption but on registrations.
American Express Platinum | Rogers World Elite
Author of The American Express Atlas
iPhone 12 Pro Max | Apple Watch Series 4 | MacBook Pro 2019 | SKYFALL 4.0
Oct 14, 2014
658 posts
667 upvotes
Southern Ontario
thefusio15 wrote: For what it's worth, I have 12 different offers, including a "Spend 200$ or more and earn a 10$ credit. Up to 40$ in credits" if I pay using a mobile wallet (Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amex Pay). Quite a cool offer.

Also, if you plan to use any of the offers, make sure you register them to your card as early as possible, as the number of offers is limited, not based on redemption but on registrations.
I have that mobile wallet offer too. I understood the $10 each and $40 max to be a $10 bonus for each of the four wallets mentioned (incl. Samsung Pay to your above list). I already reached it on Apple Pay (awaiting bonus), and will attempt it on both Samsung Pay and Google Pay. Will see how that goes.

Another offer I recently had was $15 bonus for >$75 spend at H&M. The bonus arrived within a day of the purchase clearing.
Mar 14, 2018
475 posts
520 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
lefroset wrote: I have that mobile wallet offer too. I understood the $10 each and $40 max to be a $10 bonus for each of the four wallets mentioned (incl. Samsung Pay to your above list). I already reached it on Apple Pay (awaiting bonus), and will attempt it on both Samsung Pay and Google Pay. Will see how that goes.

Another offer I recently had was $15 bonus for >$75 spend at H&M. The bonus arrived within a day of the purchase clearing.
Yeah they are really quick on payout. Used the 1 bonus MR at Dell (so basically 2.25x + 8% cashback on ebates) for a new monitor. Not gonna complain!

And the terms of the offer for the 10$ credit leads me to think it is 200$, whichever way, therefore 800$ on Apple Pay (let’s say) would be 40$ cashback
Oct 14, 2014
658 posts
667 upvotes
Southern Ontario
thefusio15 wrote: Yeah they are really quick on payout. Used the 1 bonus MR at Dell (so basically 2.25x + 8% cashback on ebates) for a new monitor. Not gonna complain!

And the terms of the offer for the 10$ credit leads me to think it is 200$, whichever way, therefore 800$ on Apple Pay (let’s say) would be 40$ cashback
If one has multiple Amex cards, the offers differ on each one. My Cobalt has the same 1MRS/$1 bonus at Dell, while my Marriott Bonvoy has the attached. Not sure I can justify a use for it yet.
9277A070-0FB2-4FCE-B4DF-A4F4FB797B5E.jpeg
Jan 18, 2015
787 posts
512 upvotes
Cornwall, ON
lefroset wrote: If one has multiple Amex cards, the offers differ on each one. My Cobalt has the same 1MRS/$1 bonus at Dell, while my Marriott Bonvoy has the attached. Not sure I can justify a use for it yet.

9277A070-0FB2-4FCE-B4DF-A4F4FB797B5E.jpeg
I'm likely to do this one for the $100... Combined with https://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/compu ... -id-130-m/ offers, and start the purchase from swagbucks to get an extra 2% right now on a purchase of ~775, plus my boosted Amex 2.5% CB lol. If I do it right I should get ~17%+ net assuming the item isn't on sale (but of course, it will be :) )
Max Low Income NoAF CB:
SLOT1: Simplii 4%/1.5%
SLOT2 3% Grocery: BMO CB MC ** MC for WM Supercentre+NoFrills
SLOT3 (1.25% OTHER): Amex SC/AmexBlueSky
Mar 14, 2018
475 posts
520 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
CouponBaron wrote: I'm likely to do this one for the $100... Combined with https://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/compu ... -id-130-m/ offers, and start the purchase from swagbucks to get an extra 2% right now on a purchase of ~775, plus my boosted Amex 2.5% CB lol. If I do it right I should get ~17%+ net assuming the item isn't on sale (but of course, it will be :) )
If I were you, I'd use the 6% at ebates instead of swagbucks. haha
Jan 18, 2015
787 posts
512 upvotes
Cornwall, ON
thefusio15 wrote: If I were you, I'd use the 6% at ebates instead of swagbucks. haha
Ohh, stacking, nice! I've actually never used ebates. I've always found swagbucks super reputable, so I've liked sticking with them... 4% though, lol.
Max Low Income NoAF CB:
SLOT1: Simplii 4%/1.5%
SLOT2 3% Grocery: BMO CB MC ** MC for WM Supercentre+NoFrills
SLOT3 (1.25% OTHER): Amex SC/AmexBlueSky
Mar 14, 2018
475 posts
520 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
CouponBaron wrote: Ohh, stacking, nice! I've actually never used ebates. I've always found swagbucks super reputable, so I've liked sticking with them... 4% though, lol.
Hey if we can all make a buck more or two on our purchases! The fun of RFD.
Oct 14, 2014
658 posts
667 upvotes
Southern Ontario
thefusio15 wrote: If I were you, I'd use the 6% at ebates instead of swagbucks. haha
CouponBaron wrote: Ohh, stacking, nice! I've actually never used ebates. I've always found swagbucks super reputable, so I've liked sticking with them... 4% though, lol.
Been considering that too, but if one isn't in a rush, we can do better than 6% through ebates. It was 8% over the weekend, and is sometimes 9% or higher. The Amex offer I have is good to July 31, so will wait and see.
Mar 14, 2018
475 posts
520 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
lefroset wrote: Been considering that too, but if one isn't in a rush, we can do better than 6% through ebates. It was 8% over the weekend, and is sometimes 9% or higher. The Amex offer I have is good to July 31, so will wait and see.
Yeah it was 9% when I checked 3 days ago, and might get good sale prices on XPS when Lenovo launches their new X1 Carbon.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
10123 posts
12104 upvotes
Vancouver
Logged in today and found a good one: $5 statement credit on a minimum $50 transaction when paying with "Google Pay, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, or Amex Pay (within the American Express Mobile app on an eligible Android device)". Earn $5 up to four times. Expires July 31.
May 26, 2009
526 posts
689 upvotes
Calgary
Kiraly wrote: Logged in today and found a good one: $5 statement credit on a minimum $50 transaction when paying with "Google Pay, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, or Amex Pay (within the American Express Mobile app on an eligible Android device)". Earn $5 up to four times. Expires July 31.
What's interesting, is that I have that offer on my Amex Gold and the spend $200, get $10 up to $40 on my Amex Cobalt. And my wife's Biz Platinum doesn't have an offer for mobile payments.

Having this offer on two cards will get me $60 for free in the next two months, which is really cool.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
25971 posts
3265 upvotes
Montreal
Do the offers only qualify for spending on the primary card, or also secondary cardholders on the same account?
May 26, 2009
526 posts
689 upvotes
Calgary
mr_raider wrote: Do the offers only qualify for spending on the primary card, or also secondary cardholders on the same account?
The terms are specific to each offer. Any of the terms I have read have explicitly excluded supplementary cards. I think it is safe to assume that each offer is for the primary card only.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
4380 posts
2674 upvotes
Gotham
Kiraly wrote: Hey @batcave, I'm guessing you have some experience with these Amex Offers with your U.S.-issued Amex cards. Any idea how long new offers tend to come around? Weekly? Monthly?
I get monthly emails promoting the offers. I think they may appear at anytime during the month though. I go through them occasionally and add ones I might use. It is difficult to keep track as one card has over 100 offers.

I also get targeted offers for things like 20% more aeroplan points when transferring member rewards points. This is different than amex offers but similar.
Nov 23, 2015
147 posts
134 upvotes
KLEINBURG, ON
Does everybody still have an offer from Wayfair? I registered for it and completed the purchase and now the offer is gone from the "registered" section with the charge still pending.
Mar 21, 2019
746 posts
727 upvotes
mcmtech86 wrote: Does everybody still have an offer from Wayfair? I registered for it and completed the purchase and now the offer is gone from the "registered" section with the charge still pending.
I still have it, though I haven’t used it.
It makes sense that it would disappear after you’ve used it.
I wouldn’t worry about it, Amex probably has a system in place that detects the Wayfair transaction, and therefore removes the offer because it’s a one time use offer.