• Mar 27th, 2024 1:22 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
11234 posts
3800 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Does anyone have issue with the $30 of $200 Saxx offer? Chat said it's credit from merchant??
Aug 21, 2012
966 posts
899 upvotes
wlee wrote: Does anyone have issue with the $30 of $200 Saxx offer? Chat said it's credit from merchant??
Nope, received my credit a few days after transaction posted.
WOOOOOOOOOOO
Mar 19, 2019
78 posts
50 upvotes
mississauga
hi All, I recently got a new Amex SimplyCash Card (about a month). Just curious, i dont see any "Amex Offers" in the app, do anyone know how long it will take to get few of these offers?
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19723 posts
28591 upvotes
Vancouver
AbhishekP69629 wrote: hi All, I recently got a new Amex SimplyCash Card (about a month). Just curious, i dont see any "Amex Offers" in the app, do anyone know how long it will take to get few of these offers?
Just keep using the card. Two billing statements seems to be typical for when offers start to show up, so maybe another month.
Aug 29, 2017
211 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
I received a $100 travel credit as a part of my AMEX Gold Rewards card's welcome bonus.

The thing is I don't travel at all. Is there anyway to use this travel credit?

Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
6675 posts
5466 upvotes
LaLaLand
redflagcat wrote: I received a $100 travel credit as a part of my AMEX Gold Rewards card's welcome bonus.

Thanks.
Rent a car or stay in a hotel in your own city.

If you do not travel, why did you get the gold card? I think most collect the points to travel. A cashback card might be better for non-travelers.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2015
1294 posts
1512 upvotes
redflagcat wrote: I received a $100 travel credit as a part of my AMEX Gold Rewards card's welcome bonus.

Thanks.
Book on Amex travel website for refundable rate, wait till credit posts, refund. Done it many times without issue
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7312 posts
6264 upvotes
Hi. Is it too late now to participate in the Marriott Bonvoy offer (spend $500 and get $100 credit)? I’m planning to purchase some gift cards tomorrow (December 30) using Cobalt and Scotiabank Amex. Not sure what will happen to these last-minute purchases.

Anyone has experience on this?
🤑 Amex Cobalt | MBNA RWE | Rogers MC
⛱️ Amex Platinum | Amex Bonvoy Brilliant
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2117 posts
571 upvotes
EdisonL299 wrote: Hi. Is it too late now to participate in the Marriott Bonvoy offer (spend $500 and get $100 credit)? I’m planning to purchase some gift cards tomorrow (December 30) using Cobalt and Scotiabank Amex. Not sure what will happen to these last-minute purchases.

are u sure these transactions will trigger the offer even if they are posted in time?
I am not evil; I just live another way
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7312 posts
6264 upvotes
redflag wrote: are u sure these transactions will trigger the offer even if they are posted in time?
Yes. I am 500% sure and there are also multiple DPs in the Hot Deals thread.
🤑 Amex Cobalt | MBNA RWE | Rogers MC
⛱️ Amex Platinum | Amex Bonvoy Brilliant
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16787 posts
12570 upvotes
Markham
EdisonL299 wrote: Hi. Is it too late now to participate in the Marriott Bonvoy offer (spend $500 and get $100 credit)? I’m planning to purchase some gift cards tomorrow (December 30) using Cobalt and Scotiabank Amex. Not sure what will happen to these last-minute purchases.

In Niagara Falls Marriott now and will check out on December 31. Also worried whether will trigger the offers
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2539 posts
1748 upvotes
Airport Rd & Que…
According to the fine print, the transactions need to occur before the offer expiration date, even if they post to your account after it.

I would guess the gift cards are okay since they should "transact" right away.

However I've had back luck with checking out of hotels and the "transaction" date not being until well after the check out. The worst was coincidently a Marriott which charged my credit card about 3 months after checking out.. well after a promotional period.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19150 posts
9079 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
geokilla wrote: I haven't received an AMEX offer in over 2 months. Is this normal?
I haven't received an AMEX offer since I last made this post on September 27 aside from Presto and Disney+. This means I haven't received an offer since July 2022. Is it possible to get blacklisted? I told the CSR I am downgrading my card due to lack of AMEX offers and the increase in annual fees. I still use the card every month.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3945 posts
2932 upvotes
Markham
I wonder if u start using the card regularly, offers start disappearing from you as no need to entice you anymore...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
6675 posts
5466 upvotes
LaLaLand
geokilla wrote: I haven't received an AMEX offer since I last made this post on September 27 aside from Presto and Disney+. This means I haven't received an offer since July 2022. Is it possible to get blacklisted? I told the CSR I am downgrading my card due to lack of AMEX offers and the increase in annual fees. I still use the card every month.
I'm also in a similar position. The last offers I received were the shop small and tap to pay offers. Other than that I received the Disney offer. Nothing else in between.

I think it's a general lack of needing to do it because maybe most won't spend because of the current situation. I called in to cancel a card recently and they gave me a fee rebate instead. It was the gold business card. I won't use it unless my taxes are high enough and use it for that to get the quarterly bonus. I'll cancel it on the next go around.

savemoresaveoften wrote: I wonder if u start using the card regularly, offers start disappearing from you as no need to entice you anymore...
I have some cards that I rarely use, maybe once every six months and they do not receive offers. It's puzzling.
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2015
1470 posts
1884 upvotes
I have 3 Amex cards and do receive most offers on at least one of the cards, although which card receives the offers tends to vary, possibly depending on which card I use most or least that month. I don’t generally receive the same offer on more than one card. My cobalt seems to get the most offers and it is the card use most. I have no idea how they decide but just wanted to pass along a DP in case it helps anyone.
Nov 23, 2015
501 posts
369 upvotes
Ontario
Has anybody received any new offers in 2023? I thought for sure I would open my account this morning and have a bunch for the new year/month.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3150 posts
2246 upvotes
mcmtech86 wrote: Has anybody received any new offers in 2023? I thought for sure I would open my account this morning and have a bunch for the new year/month.
None for me on Amex business plat
Jun 29, 2017
184 posts
148 upvotes
mcmtech86 wrote: Has anybody received any new offers in 2023? I thought for sure I would open my account this morning and have a bunch for the new year/month.
Nothing on my Aeroplan Reserve, Platinum or Bonvoy personal cards.
Apr 10, 2022
529 posts
615 upvotes
GTA
Nothing on Aeroplan and P2's Cobalt, Aeroplan and Gold
Long Live RFD!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)