• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2020 1:51 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 18, 2018
138 posts
114 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: I got Skip and Uber Eats also on my basic Simply Cash card. Anyone else?
Same for me.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2008
3361 posts
571 upvotes
mcmtech86 wrote: I got both offers on the Cobalt; like always...nothing on the Platinum
I see both on my Business Platinum.
Nov 23, 2015
62 posts
26 upvotes
KLEINBURG, ON
Yah, mine is a personal platinum. Its weird that these offers are not just posted to all the card lineup. Especially these food ones during the pandemic.
random pattern wrote: I see both on my Business Platinum.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
6779 posts
6367 upvotes
The Prairies
mcmtech86 wrote: Yah, mine is a personal platinum. Its weird that these offers are not just posted to all the card lineup. Especially these food ones during the pandemic.
Be happy you’re still getting offers.
My offers have been empty since November.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
4796 posts
3188 upvotes
Got both on my Cobalt but nothing on Personal Platinum.
Amex Platinum ⭐️ Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite ⭐️ HSBC World Elite MC
Aug 17, 2008
493 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone figure out how to extract the link for this offer? So we can manually sign up amex cards? Thanks!
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Jun 27, 2018
79 posts
64 upvotes
YVR
Another offer: Spend $80, get $20 back in Instacart!
Images
  • upload.png
Feb 11, 2013
688 posts
64 upvotes
BC
I don't see any offers on my personal platinum. Do offers only show on one card if you have multiple accounts linked? I have two cards. Cobalt and Personal Plat and I see offers on my Cobalt.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
12659 posts
9551 upvotes
Leask
KevinK90588 wrote: Another offer: Spend $80, get $20 back in Instacart!
Got this one as well! This is amazing! I have Cobalt primarily for Instacart and am gonna really enjoy that rebate :)
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask on weekends.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Feb 4, 2019
524 posts
692 upvotes
BC
titaniumtux wrote: Got this one as well! This is amazing! I have Cobalt primarily for Instacart and am gonna really enjoy that rebate :)
Is it worth it? I hear Instacart is expensive (service fees + prices are higher than in store).
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
12659 posts
9551 upvotes
Leask
rhw123 wrote: Is it worth it? I hear Instacart is expensive (service fees + prices are higher than in store).
Well, maybe YMMV, but it's now my lead outlet for grocery.
  1. yes there's a delivery fee, varies per city. That's generally Instacart's profit
  2. Instacart shoppers get discounted rates at the grocery till, and don't pay sales tax because they're a middle-man. They also markup items a little (not astronomically). Biggest loss IMO is the inability to price match. No big deal for produce, but can really add up for meats
  3. Instacart shoppers make on average $30 per delivery, primarily funded by the rebates they get in store on the merch

My family situation makes it real tough to go wander in a supermarket for 1-2 hours. For those who have the spare time and enjoy the supermarket as a means of getting out of the house and doing some cardio, then by all means skip Instacart. Also don't use Instacart if you're instead wasting time doing online surveys in exchange for micro earnings while waiting for groceries to arrive :D but for the rest of us, Instacart is truly amazing.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask on weekends.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Feb 4, 2019
524 posts
692 upvotes
BC
titaniumtux wrote: Well, maybe YMMV, but it's now my lead outlet for grocery.
  1. yes there's a delivery fee, varies per city. That's generally Instacart's profit
  2. Instacart shoppers get discounted rates at the grocery till, and don't pay sales tax because they're a middle-man. They also markup items a little (not astronomically). Biggest loss IMO is the inability to price match. No big deal for produce, but can really add up for meats
  3. Instacart shoppers make on average $30 per delivery, primarily funded by the rebates they get in store on the merch

My family situation makes it real tough to go wander in a supermarket for 1-2 hours. For those who have the spare time and enjoy the supermarket as a means of getting out of the house and doing some cardio, then by all means skip Instacart. Also don't use Instacart if you're instead wasting time doing online surveys in exchange for micro earnings while waiting for groceries to arrive :D but for the rest of us, Instacart is truly amazing.
Thanks! I'm sure it makes sense for some. And this Amex offer is a nice bonus for those.

Personally, not a huge fan of all these middle man services popping up. I added the Skip, Uber and Instacart offers just in case but unlikely to use them.

Hoping for the shop small offer to come back as that one is always useful for us. I think there was one in June last year?
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
12659 posts
9551 upvotes
Leask
rhw123 wrote: Thanks! I'm sure it makes sense for some. And this Amex offer is a nice bonus for those.

Personally, not a huge fan of all these middle man services popping up. I added the Skip, Uber and Instacart offers just in case but unlikely to use them.

Hoping for the shop small offer to come back as that one is always useful for us. I think there was one in June last year?
I think these service apps are the future. Definitely emerging business models. I fully support it, and take what's useful to me. Glad there are offers.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2013
1669 posts
428 upvotes
Montreal
I got Skip and Uber Eats offer on my Gold card but it is only 1 credit statement.