• Jul 4th, 2020 9:29 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
2819 posts
3165 upvotes
Montreal
Posting the Business Platinum for COVID-19 relief (:p) press release here for posterity:

https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/b ... s-BPLAT-VI
28 May '20 10:00 AM

American Express Canada Provides Business Cardmembers with Additional Value at a Time they Need it Most

New offers, including up to $680 in additional value for Business Platinum Cardmembers, focus on categories that help businesses get the most out of being a Cardmember

TORONTO, May 28, 2020 /CNW/ - As businesses face new and unprecedented challenges, American Express Canada is introducing limited-time offers and solutions to bring greater value to Small Business Cardmembers. These updates, which are currently available to eligible Small Business Cardmembers, aim to address the changing needs of today's businesses, including limitations on travel and changes to spending habits.

"This is a crucial time for businesses as they work to overcome the many challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, which is why we remain focused on supporting businesses throughout this difficult time," said Paul Roman, Vice President and General Manager, Global Commercial Services, American Express Canada. "To continue delivering value to businesses when they need it most, we're evolving our products to meet the changing needs of today's businesses."

The following offers and solutions are currently available to eligible Business Cardmembers.

Business Platinum Merchant Offers
American Express is offering up to $680 in additional value for Business Platinum Cardmembers and their evolving needs in the areas that matter most right now with access to statement credits earned on purchases made at select electronics, shipping and wireless merchants. This includes:
• $250 statement credit toward purchases with Dell Technologies: Business Platinum Cardmembers can use their Registered Card to spend at least $250 in qualifying purchases (after taxes) online at www.dell.ca/amex or via a Dell Technologies Advisor at 1-800-296-7154 by August 27, 2020 and earn a one-time $250 statement credit.
• Up to $270 in statement credits toward purchases with FedEx: Business Platinum Cardmembers can use their Registered Card to make a qualifying purchase (after taxes) of at least $45 online at fedex.ca or at participating FedEx location(s) by December 31, 2020 and earn a $45 statement credit. Cardmembers can earn a maximum of six statement credits per Registered Card during the offer period for a total value of up to $270.
• Up to $160 in statement credits toward purchases with Mobile Service Providers: Business Platinum Cardmembers can use their Registered Card to spend at least $40 in qualifying purchases (after taxes) at participating mobile service providers in Canada by December 31, 2020 and earn a $40 statement credit. Cardmembers can earn a maximum of four statement credits per Registered Card during the offer period for a total value of up to $160.

To take advantage of these offers, Cardmembers must log into their Online Services account or the American Express Mobile App and register their eligible Card in the Amex Offers section. For more information please visit.

Membership Rewards Increased Redemption Rate

All Small Business and Corporate Cardmembers enrolled in the Membership Rewards program can now enjoy a redemption rate of 1,000 Membership Reward points for $10 towards Amazon Shop with Points as well as be able to use fewer points to redeem for Amex Prepaid Gift Cards until September 30, 2020.

Welcome Bonus Offer Period Extension
American Express has temporarily extended the offer period that welcome bonuses can be earned on recently acquired or upgraded Small Business Cards.
• Cards that originally had a Welcome Bonus offer period of 3 months and were acquired or upgraded between January 22, 2020 to June 30, 2020, now have 6 months to earn their Welcome Bonus.
• Cards that originally had a Welcome Bonus offer period of 4 months and were acquired or upgraded between December 23, 2019 to June 30, 2020, now have 6 months to earn their Welcome Bonus.
Last edited by efrant on May 28th, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 7, 2019
283 posts
258 upvotes
Anyone have details on the mobile service provider credit? How does it work? Purchase something at rogers?
Remember to always Thumbs Up good responses! Spread positively.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4490 posts
2699 upvotes
Vancouver
BrokeMillennial wrote: Anyone have details on the mobile service provider credit? How does it work? Purchase something at rogers?
Pay your mobile bill with your Amex.

Ron.
Apr 16, 2015
17 posts
23 upvotes
PEI
BrokeMillennial wrote: Anyone have details on the mobile service provider credit? How does it work? Purchase something at rogers?
Offer Terms

The registered Card account must be in good standing. You must first register your Card to the offer and use the same Card to make qualifying purchase(s) by 31/12/2020.
To be eligible for a $40 (CAD) statement credit, one single qualifying purchase or cumulative qualifying purchase(s) that total at least $40 (CAD) after taxes, must be charged to your registered Card at eligible mobile service providers in Canada during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account.
Qualifying transactions are purchases related to any payments at registered mobile service providers in Canada that accept American Express Cards. Offer is non-transferable. You can earn a maximum of $160 (CAD) in statement credits per registered Card during the offer period.
Statement credit will be applied to your registered Card account within 90 days after 31/12/2020, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase(s). Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase(s) is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. Unless expressly stated otherwise in the offer, the following transactions are not qualifying purchases for this offer: purchasing a merchant’s goods through a third party, such as through concession stores in department stores, payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone, online aggregators that sell goods of other merchants or if the merchant category is otherwise not identified.
Dec 6, 2010
450 posts
138 upvotes
efrant wrote: Posting the Business Platinum for COVID-19 relief (:p) press release here for posterity:

https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/b ... s-BPLAT-VI
So basically all credit amounts include taxes.

For example for the cell phone it can be 36+ tax = 40.68 and dell could be 225+ tax = 254.25. Correct?
Last edited by gta_guy on May 28th, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
2819 posts
3165 upvotes
Montreal
gta_guy wrote: So basically all credit amounts include taxes.

For example for the cell phone it can be 36+ tax = 40.68 and dell could be 22+ tax = 254.25. Correct?
Correct. It's based on the charge amount on the card.
Jun 27, 2018
79 posts
64 upvotes
YVR
Last offer from Panago Pizza, Spend $10, get $5 back
Images
  • upload.png
Apr 16, 2015
17 posts
23 upvotes
PEI
My Koodo bill just posted to my biz platinum - $128 and I got a $120 amex offer credit posted a couple of days later. I assumed it would be $40 on each of 4 mobile bills, but instead they are giving a $40 credit for every $40 spent (up to $160 total). So if your bill is $160 or more, you'll get the full credit in one shot.
Apr 16, 2015
17 posts
23 upvotes
PEI
Cheapmaestro wrote: No offers on my Biz plat, held since Jan :(
That's surprising - I thought all biz platinum cardholders were getting the $680 in Covid-19 credits. Sorry if this sounds obvious, but did you actually check your on-line account for offers? They may not have sent you an e-mail, depending on what you have set up for your communication preferences.
May 12, 2019
418 posts
686 upvotes
catsoncoffee wrote: That's surprising - I thought all biz platinum cardholders were getting the $680 in Covid-19 credits. Sorry if this sounds obvious, but did you actually check your on-line account for offers? They may not have sent you an e-mail, depending on what you have set up for your communication preferences.
Not insulting at all. The past week I didn't have any offers and I checked the app and account daily to see if I could register offers to cards. I could not.

Then this morning the offers came in :D
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
1373 posts
733 upvotes
Lots of food ones lately

All crappy

Skip the dishes 5 bucks off
Gross, like I want 1 HR old mcbloats

Panago
The only place shitter than panago is little ceasers
Feb 4, 2019
526 posts
695 upvotes
BC
rhw123 wrote: Amex offers have been pretty useless lately.
^ I take this back. Just got the $250 'essentials' offer on my Plat. This is huge, thank you Amex!