• Jun 22nd, 2021 6:08 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1246 posts
1008 upvotes
Toronto
jtfrogger wrote: That's interesting. What grocery store allowed that?
Jeez, don't drop your wallet in that parking lot!
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
1929 posts
3032 upvotes
BC
Kiraly wrote: I have tapped over $500 with Cobalt at a grocery store. Come to think of it, this was the physical card, not mobile pay.
Did you have to sign? I've been able to tap Amex above the tap limit in the past but it would trigger the request for signature which kind of defeats the purpose. Even when using Apple Pay which shouldn't have a limit.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
11148 posts
13701 upvotes
Vancouver
rhw123 wrote: Did you have to sign? I've been able to tap Amex above the tap limit in the past but it would trigger the request for signature which kind of defeats the purpose. Even when using Apple Pay which shouldn't have a limit.
Possibly. Can’t remember, it was more than a year ago.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
1929 posts
3032 upvotes
BC
After all the bragging here about Amex US offers, I can finally brag that I received the first offer on my European Amex Gold! Spend €40 get €40 at a bunch of participating stores including grocery, department store, meal delivery and an Amazon-like online store. Grabbed a bunch of e-books that are not available on Overdrive (library) Smiling Face With Sunglasses
May 26, 2009
543 posts
719 upvotes
Calgary
rhw123 wrote: Did you have to sign? I've been able to tap Amex above the tap limit in the past but it would trigger the request for signature which kind of defeats the purpose. Even when using Apple Pay which shouldn't have a limit.
Hmm... that might explain my recent experience with Calgary Co-op. Before, it used to give me an error when tapping Amex that the transaction was over limit. Even if I was only spending $10. But lately, tap works, but I have to sign every time, regardless of spend amount.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3301 posts
1853 upvotes
YUL/YVR
Anyone tried using mobile payment (Google/ApplePay) to stack with the Ivanhoe $30 for $200 offer?
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
4843 posts
2795 upvotes
Some credit cards require signature when you use the card the first time no matter what method you use(I.e. tap, PIN).
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
1929 posts
3032 upvotes
BC
ml88888888 wrote: Some credit cards require signature when you use the card the first time no matter what method you use(I.e. tap, PIN).
Wasn't first use.
Jun 16, 2020
45 posts
58 upvotes
I just bought a casper bed hoping the $250 statement credit comes through. The expiry of the offer is on february 17 which is 2 days from now so hopefully the transaction gets posted on my account tomorrow and I get the offer lol
Apr 26, 2017
41 posts
30 upvotes
daberg wrote: I just bought a casper bed hoping the $250 statement credit comes through. The expiry of the offer is on february 17 which is 2 days from now so hopefully the transaction gets posted on my account tomorrow and I get the offer lol
It's based on transaction date not when the charge is posted. You'll get the credit.
Jun 16, 2020
45 posts
58 upvotes
User258441 wrote: It's based on transaction date not when the charge is posted. You'll get the credit.
Awesome thanks!!!
Dec 3, 2009
591 posts
255 upvotes
Vancouver
AdamKing wrote: Anyone tried using mobile payment (Google/ApplePay) to stack with the Ivanhoe $30 for $200 offer?
What are you trying to stack that's specific to Google/ApplePay?
Jun 16, 2020
45 posts
58 upvotes
User258441 wrote: It's based on transaction date not when the charge is posted. You'll get the credit.
The credit got applied today. It's only $200 not $250 like I thought but still a great deal since capers mattresses are 15% right now
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
5525 posts
4073 upvotes
Did anyone get the dining offer on a US Amex?
Spend $20 or more at U.S. restaurants, earn $20 back once a month, through 2021
Is there any way to trigger the credit without dining physically in the US?
📱 Telus: $30/25GB Peace of Mind Plan + 1000 International minutes
💳 Credit card combo (2.5-7.5% return): AmEx + Scotiabank + CIBC
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2003
8182 posts
1709 upvotes
Burnaby
Starbucks account reload, but do not get a e gift card. Unknown if reloading a Canadian card qualifies after exchange rate, I signed up for a US based Starbucks account and reloaded it in USD

USD e gift card coded as other and posted as gift card in transaction list

USD reload coded as dining and just shows Starbucks, and triggered Amex offer email
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
4670 posts
2959 upvotes
LaLaLand
Free* film. It's $25, but get a $25 Amazon.ca gift card.
Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 10.26.55 AM.png
American Express is bringing you a series of movies throughout 2021! Cardmembers are invited to relax and enjoy a movie night-in to view the release of Our Friend, a remarkable story of friendship.

Our Friend tells the extraordinary true story of the Teague family—journalist Matt (Casey Affleck), his vibrant wife Nicole (Dakota Johnson) and their two young daughters—and how their lives are upended by Nicole᾿s diagnosis of terminal cancer. As Matt᾿s responsibilities become overwhelming, the couple's best friend Dane Faucheux (Jason Segel) offers to put his life on hold and help out for a few weeks, the impact of this life altering decision proves more profound than ever imagined.

This film is rated PG.

Our Friend is available ON DEMAND AND ON DIGITAL now.

ONE (1) PACKAGE INCLUDES:
Access to view Our Friend On Demand with Elevation Pictures (serviced by Vimeo)1
One (1) $25 (CAD) e‑gift card to use on Amazon.ca for movie night snacks2
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
6739 posts
5926 upvotes
batcave wrote: Free* film. It's $25, but get a $25 Amazon.ca gift card.
I don't know why but I haven't been getting these email offers lately.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
11148 posts
13701 upvotes
Vancouver
batcave wrote: Free* film. It's $25, but get a $25 Amazon.ca gift card.

That was available a few weeks back for Platinum members, it was $10 for the movie and a $25 Amazon GC (hot deal!) I actually wanted to watch the movie, but it seems to play only on a computer, tablet, or phone?? I could not find a way to watch it on my TV with Roku, not even with the Roku Vimeo app. Lame.
Jun 27, 2018
176 posts
347 upvotes
YVR
i am a Platinum cardholder and I didn't get this offer either few weeks ago or the latest offer.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

dreadsoap, Stupido