Hot Deals

[AMEX Offers] Oxford Properties Spend $100 or more and Earn a $15 credit. Up to 3 times.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2019 6:28 pm
May 26, 2009
278 posts
295 upvotes
Calgary
Very nice.

I bought and used up a $100 GC from Cross Iron Mills on the weekend. I'll definitely take advantage of the one for Southcentre

It looks like Amex is really getting into mall gift cards. This is awesome for a number of reasons:
  • No fees
  • No expiry
  • Malls are strongly encouraging their tenants to take Amex, since the gift cards are prepaid Amex cards and will only work at retailers that take Amex --> leads to better Amex acceptance
  • Amex is giving away money to use these
And to top it off, I got this promo on a card I'm still working on hitting the MSR. Awesome.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3950 posts
2131 upvotes
Edmonton
SerenityNow168 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:46 pm
I've been told the Ivanhoe GCs are actually Amex credit cards...does this mean we can technically use them anywhere?
They are AMEX prepaid cards, but set up in such a way that they won't work outside of the designated merchants in the Ivanhoe malls.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3950 posts
2131 upvotes
Edmonton
List of Participating Locations for those who received the offer for Ivanhoé Cambridge

Oct 8, 2015
638 posts
311 upvotes
I got Ivanhoe but last time I purchased GC at Metrotown they don’t accept AMEX
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1388 posts
766 upvotes
condo
Nada on Amex marriott Bonvoy
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7532 posts
3988 upvotes
North York
Only got the Ivanhoe Cambridge offer.
Closest to Toronto are Vaughan Mills, Oshawa or Niagara outlet. I don't shop at any of the above much.
And there are no Walmart at any of the above locations to convert the gift cards to.
Luckily the gift cards don't expire. If I purchase, I may convert to McDonald's, Shoppers or just leave as is.

There's also an offer there for Levi's which is useful for me too. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
2784 posts
736 upvotes
Vancouver
jtfrogger wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 12:40 am
Very nice.

I bought and used up a $100 GC from Cross Iron Mills on the weekend. I'll definitely take advantage of the one for Southcentre

It looks like Amex is really getting into mall gift cards. This is awesome for a number of reasons:
  • No fees
  • No expiry
  • Malls are strongly encouraging their tenants to take Amex, since the gift cards are prepaid Amex cards and will only work at retailers that take Amex --> leads to better Amex acceptance
  • Amex is giving away money to use these
And to top it off, I got this promo on a card I'm still working on hitting the MSR. Awesome.
Are you supposed to buy the mall gift card, or a gift card at any of their stores?
Aug 21, 2013
111 posts
55 upvotes
Kitchener
Personal plat
Spend $400 and get $100 statement credit at Oxford properties. No Oxford properties anywhere near me though
Nov 29, 2013
216 posts
208 upvotes
TORONTO
Just keep in mind if you are going to purchase Ivanhoe Cambridge gift cards, fees start kicking in after I think 18 months from activation.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4124 posts
476 upvotes
Scarborough
KevlarCoated wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 7:33 am
Personal plat
Spend $400 and get $100 statement credit at Oxford properties. No Oxford properties anywhere near me though
Got the same. Will prob. go to Vaughn Mills.

T&C
Offer available only on in-store gift card purchases at participating Oxford locations in Canada. On-line purchases and phone orders are excluded. Click here for a list of participating locations. You can earn a maximum of #1 statement credit/s per registered card during the offer period.
Last edited by GateGuardian on Sep 12th, 2019 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2744 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
Got both the oxford (spend 400 get 100) and the ivanhoe (spend 100 get 15) x3 on my personal plat.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4124 posts
476 upvotes
Scarborough
tmonies wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 2:02 am
Nada on Amex marriott Bonvoy
For my Amex Bonvoy, I got the following instead:

Make a qualifying purchase of $100 or more using your registered Card at participating Yorkdale Shopping Centre by 31/10/2019 and earn a $15 statement credit. Limit of 3 credits. Registration cap and terms apply.

To be eligible for a $15 (CAD) statement credit, a qualifying purchase of $100 (CAD) or more in a single transaction, after taxes, must be charged to your registered Card in-person at Oxford Guest Services in the Yorkdale Shopping Centre 3401 Dufferin St, North York, Canada during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account by 02/11/2019.