Hot Deals

[AMEX Offers] Oxford Properties Spend $100 or more and Earn a $15 credit. Up to 3 times.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2019 6:28 pm
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
1659 posts
215 upvotes
I received this offer as well. Too bad there are no malls near me. Going downtown is a hassle and the only other mall is on the other side of the city and a 45 minute drive.
Nov 26, 2014
68 posts
77 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I have recieved Oxford Properties and Ivanhoe Cambridge on my Cobalt card
May 1, 2015
815 posts
544 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Received the Oxford Properties and Ivanhoe Cambridge.

Yorkdale mall is not listed in the list of Oxford properties where the offer is valid.

Is everyone receiving Yorkdale mall offer, receiving it separate from other Oxford properties?
Running successful Spotify group buy since June 2018
Running successful Netflix group buy since Dec 2017
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3950 posts
2131 upvotes
Edmonton
naticom wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 1:59 am
I got Ivanhoe but last time I purchased GC at Metrotown they don’t accept AMEX
Ivanhoe switched their gift card processor from Mastercard to AMEX last month, so they should accept AMEX now.
john.canad wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 3:20 am

Are you supposed to buy the mall gift card, or a gift card at any of their stores?
Mall gift card.
cymrules wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 7:45 am
Just keep in mind if you are going to purchase Ivanhoe Cambridge gift cards, fees start kicking in after I think 18 months from activation.
Not anymore. There was a maintenance fee back when Ivanhoe was using Mastercard as their gift card processor. But since they switched to AMEX, there is no more maintenance fee.
GateGuardian wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 8:26 am
Got the same. Will prob. go to Vaughn Mills.

T&C
Offer available only on in-store gift card purchases at participating Oxford locations in Canada. On-line purchases and phone orders are excluded. Click here for a list of participating locations. You can earn a maximum of #1 statement credit/s per registered card during the offer period.
Vaughn Mills is Ivanhoe. If you received the Oxford offer you'll have to go to one of the Oxford locations, like Yorkdale.
Last edited by ChinpokoMon on Sep 12th, 2019 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 19, 2009
117 posts
22 upvotes
fuzzydealhunter wrote: Received the Oxford Properties and Ivanhoe Cambridge.

Yorkdale mall is not listed in the list of Oxford properties where the offer is valid.

Is everyone receiving Yorkdale mall offer, receiving it separate from other Oxford properties?
Gold biz, Gold personal, Bonvoy Personal - Yorkdale only
Personal Platinum - Oxford only

Never both offers together on one card
May 1, 2015
815 posts
544 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Says nothing about buying more than one card at a time. Could just buy 3 $100 gift cards in one go to knock out the promo in one go.
Running successful Spotify group buy since June 2018
Running successful Netflix group buy since Dec 2017
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3353 posts
568 upvotes
GTA
plat personal - oxford (spend $400, get $100 credit.)
gold personal - ivanhoe, oxford (spend $100, get $15 credit. x3)

thanks for the heads up, OP!
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4124 posts
476 upvotes
Scarborough
ChinpokoMon wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 9:13 am

Vaughn Mills is Ivanhoe. If you received the Oxford offer you'll have to go to one of the Oxford locations, like Yorkdale.
I'm guessing Amex might have messed up then. The participating list for Oxford and Ivanhoe is combined, but I don't have any Ivanhoe offers, so it is very misleading.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7545 posts
4002 upvotes
North York
fuzzydealhunter wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 9:22 am
Says nothing about buying more than one card at a time. Could just buy 3 $100 gift cards in one go to knock out the promo in one go.
At least for the Ivanhoe Cambridge offer that I received, you'll have to split the transactions into 3, otherwise you'll only get $15 instead of $45 back.
May 26, 2009
280 posts
295 upvotes
Calgary
john.canad wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 3:20 am

Are you supposed to buy the mall gift card, or a gift card at any of their stores?
No, you get a mall gift card that can be used at any mall store that is set up. When I picked up the Ivanhoe Cambridge card at Crossiron Mills, they mentioned that not every retailer has been set up yet. But most were. But there should be no reason you couldn't use the card to pick up a chain store gift card that can be used elsewhere. i.e. use it at Starbucks to top up your Starbucks card.
cymrules wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 7:45 am
Just keep in mind if you are going to purchase Ivanhoe Cambridge gift cards, fees start kicking in after I think 18 months from activation.
That is not a true statement. There are no fees on the card. The only limitation is that if you don't use it up before the expiry date printed on the card (which is in five-years), you have to exchange the card for a new one.

See here: https://shopping.ca/en/faq/
Nov 16, 2008
38 posts
4 upvotes
If that's true, then I can get gas card or other store gift card from walmart
jkhan wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 10:50 pm
I've bought a McDonald's, Toys R Us and Walmart gift card with the Oxford card, no issues. When paying just say paying by credit card, swipe through card reader and sign transaction receipt.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4124 posts
476 upvotes
Scarborough
towcheng2000 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 10:04 am
Yorkdale is NOT on the list of Oxford.
When I click on the "Participating List" in the T&C. Yorkdale IS listed under Oxford. However, it also list the Ivanhoe places so YMMV. As it's just a GC, you can always buy it somewhere else and use it at Yorkdale.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4124 posts
476 upvotes
Scarborough
Has anyone tried using the Oxford gift card to buy other gift cards at a retailer, i.e. Walmart?