Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
American Express

Amex Offers Spend $10, get $5 - Up to 10 times (June 24 to Sept. 13)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2020 7:29 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2011
5576 posts
1197 upvotes
GTA
Kiraly wrote: Did you actually try your card? Or did you see "NO AMEX" handwritten with a sharpie on a piece of paper and give up?
I tapped the AMEX and didn't work. Then the cashier told me that they don't accept AMEX.
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19736 posts
28624 upvotes
Vancouver
icicic wrote: I tapped the AMEX and didn't work. Then the cashier told me that they don't accept AMEX.
Try chip & pin, or failing that, magnetic stripe swipe. This is required with some older terminals. Don't give up!
In the Thread Summary, someone posted that Ragazzi Pizza said "No Amex" but I have paid with Amex there before. Watch out for these scammy merchants, you have to beat them at their own game.
Dec 10, 2003
780 posts
275 upvotes
Markham
Fresh burger at 16th / Leslie Richmond Hill worked - got my $5 credit already.
Nov 3, 2016
114 posts
23 upvotes
any luck with credits posting for Amex platinum supplementary card which was registered using the link in the thread summary?
Jul 9, 2020
27 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
Some successful credits in Toronto.

Best Istanbul Restaurant - Kensington Market
Sanagans Meat Locker - Kensington Market
Rabba - 9 Isabella St, Yonge/Bloor (credit appeared as "Variety Food Fair 116")
Fresh City Farms - Bay/Gerrard
Ameri Cannabis Dispensary - 20 Cumberland St, Yonge/Bloor
Last edited by AFJ416 on Jul 10th, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
Got the $5 credit for purchasing a BBQ at TA Appliance through the phone.

On mobile at the moment so I can't add it to the summary of someone would like to.
Last edited by Gtaphotog on Jul 10th, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 5, 2020
187 posts
111 upvotes
If both my card and the supplementary card holder go to the same restaurant will we both get the credit? (Both card registered for offer)

Edit: I called and they said both cards should get the offer. :) Hope that helps someone!
Last edited by Mouchie on Jul 10th, 2020 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@crazyforcouponscanada
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1436 posts
379 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone received credit paying with Apple Pay?
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
4020 posts
3369 upvotes
YUL/YVR
Hong Sushi, 6636 Hastings St, Burnaby, BC V5B 1S1

On Amex merchant map
Even email them before hand if they accept Amex, they replied yes

Got there to pick up my order, they didn't accept any credit card Heavy Exclamation Mark Symbol
Feb 13, 2009
746 posts
434 upvotes
Ontario
Mouchie wrote: If both my card and the supplementary card holder go to the same restaurant will we both get the credit? (Both card registered for offer)

Edit: I called and they said both cards should get the offer. :) Hope that helps someone!
If you both do get the offer, does that count as 2 out of the 10 credits for the 'account' or 1 out of 10 credits for EACH card?
Oct 26, 2016
4 posts
2 upvotes
Edmonton Scoop n roll not working
SamS36369 wrote: Hello,

Pretty new to posting here so please excuse me if I do something wrong. I just received an email from Amex about the spend 10 and get 5 back, upto 10 times on my Business Platinum Card. It starts on June 24.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2463 posts
2595 upvotes
Toronto
AdamKing wrote: Hong Sushi, 6636 Hastings St, Burnaby, BC V5B 1S1

On Amex merchant map
Even email them before hand if they accept Amex, they replied yes

Got there to pick up my order, they didn't accept any credit card Heavy Exclamation Mark Symbol
So did you pay for your order or just leave?
Sep 24, 2015
89 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Confirmed refund at:

Radical Roads Brewery - Queen East
Black Lab Brewery - Leslie St. and Eastern Avenue
Dec 26, 2010
293 posts
765 upvotes
Toronto
oceans_end wrote: Anyone received credit paying with Apple Pay?
Yes. As long as the card is registered, using mobile vs physical card payments does not matter.
Feb 13, 2009
746 posts
434 upvotes
Ontario
mzmoney wrote: @Matt33 1 out of 10 credits for EACH card :)

Thank you for clarifying that! Will have it added for my wife's supplementary card.
Jun 17, 2006
594 posts
364 upvotes
Calgary
Following Prince of Travel's from the last newsletter that an online donation to ALS Society of Canada works, I've got positive data point that the following other charities also work:

Ottawa Food Bank (online donation)
ALS Society of Manitoba (online donation)

Would be interested if anyone has positive data point on other charities. Between the various cards I have it's unlikely I would use up all of the credits organically (just not eating out a ton during COVID), and with a tax receipt it ends up being basically free ($5 credit from AMEX and then a $10 tax receipt which results in $5 worth of tax credits if you are claiming more than $200 in donation in a single year - noting that you can pool donation receipt for up to the prior 5 years).

Calgary Food Bank is listed on Shop Small but looks like online donation doesn't work - shows up as "CanadaHelps", which I think won't trigger. So am looking for other positive data points rather than just trying charities randomly.

Edit: Would be particularly interested if anyone has tried The Daily Bread Food Bank. That one looks promising since it looks like they use their own payment services, not CanadaHelps, but would be interested in data points.
eBay Feedback: 118 and counting.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)