Hot Deals

[American Express] Amex Personal Platinum offer - $200 in credits on Uber Eats, Sobeys (incl Foodland and Safeway), Metro, Save-on-foods

[OP]
Jan 14, 2009
215 posts
1741 upvotes

[American Express] Amex Personal Platinum offer - $200 in credits on Uber Eats, Sobeys (incl Foodland and Safeway), Metro, Save-on-foods

Seems pretty similar to the offer from last year. Check your Amex Offers on the website/app to register.

Terms below:

DETAILS: Register your Platinum Card and order on Uber Eats, shop online or in-store* at participating Sobeys (including Foodland and Safeway), Metro, Save-On-Foods locations in Canada and receive up to $200 in statement credits by 18/07/2021. Terms apply. View Participating Locations

OFFER TERMS: *Check the merchant website for more information for in-store, curbside pick-up and online purchases, where available and permitted. Only Basic Platinum Cards to be successfully registered are eligible for the offer. The registered Card account must be in good standing. Must first register your Card to the offer and use same Card to make qualifying purchase(s) by 18/07/2021. Date format is DD/MM/YYYY. A purchase made during the offer period prior to registration of your eligible Card in this program is not a qualifying purchase. Your registration of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to qualifying purchases on that Card.

From 19/01/2021 until 18/07/2021, when you make qualifying purchases with your registered card in-store, on the merchant mobile application (if applicable), or online at participating locations of Sobeys (including Foodland and Safeway), Metro, Save-On-Foods, or Uber Eats in Canada, (click here for a list of merchant websites) you can get a statement credit equal to the amount of the purchase transaction after taxes and applicable fees, up to a maximum of $200 (CAD) in statement credits, during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account. Subject to Amex acceptance. In the case of an online purchase made during the offer period, it may not qualify if the registered Card is charged on the shipping/delivery date and that date occurs after the offer ends. Offer is only available for delivery of purchase(s) within Canada.

Some purchases may not qualify for a statement credit equal to the purchase amount if the maximum of $200 (CAD) in statement credits will be exceeded. This may result in a statement credit being issued for an amount less than the purchase. Purchases made with supplementary cards are not qualifying purchases. Offer valid in-store, on the merchant mobile application (if applicable), and online at participating locations that accept American Express. Any purchases not made directly with an eligible merchant are excluded including but not limited to purchases of gift cards, oil, gas, fuel, protection plans, service plans, insurance plans, financial services, technology services, postal services, lottery services, floral services, wine, liquor and alcohol purchases, and medical or pharmacy services. Online purchases not available at all participating merchants. For participating grocery merchants that offer online shopping, check your store location to see if they offer delivery services in your area. Offer is non-transferable. You can earn a maximum of $200 (CAD) in statement credit/s per registered Card during the offer period.

Statement credit will be applied to your registered Card account within 90 days after 18/07/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase(s). Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase(s) is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. Unless expressly stated otherwise in the offer, the following transactions are not qualifying purchases for this offer: purchasing a merchant’s goods through a third party, such as through concession stores in department stores, payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone, online aggregators that sell goods of other merchants or if the merchant category is otherwise not identified. A statement credit does not constitute a payment and does not satisfy the requirement to pay the minimum due on a credit card. The Basic/Primary Cardmember must continue to make separate payments of at least the minimum due in accordance with the Cardmember agreement and account statement applicable to their registered Card.

In the event that you replace your registered Card through Amex Bank of Canada or other participating American Express card issuer (as applicable) during the offer period, your participation in this offer will end and you will need to re-register for this offer.

For full terms that apply to registering your Card in the program, see Program Terms.
205 replies
Aug 3, 2009
64 posts
74 upvotes
Markham
Awesome deal. Glad to see it back again.
Feb 12, 2008
28 posts
10 upvotes
This is great! I'm happy they are doing this promo again.

$699 for the annual fee with $200 travel credit and $200 off essentials.

And all the perks that come with it. Great deal!
Aug 1, 2011
86 posts
65 upvotes
Canada
Wow, can't believe they're doing it again! Registered :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
6537 posts
5713 upvotes
I don't know what I'm more surprised about, them giving us this offer again or the fact I finally am getting offers on my amex cards and more specifically my Platinum again.
Nov 26, 2014
413 posts
690 upvotes
Calgary, AB
This card has offered some insane value in the 8 months I've had it. Over $1500 now and I haven't even used any flight/hotel benefits.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1696 posts
921 upvotes
Why haven't I gotten a single new offer on any of 4 cards (including Personal Plat and Business Plat) since December? I haven't once gotten an offer on my Business Plat of 4 months.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
6537 posts
5713 upvotes
Diafel wrote: Why haven't I gotten a single new offer on any of 4 cards (including Personal Plat and Business Plat) since December? I haven't once gotten an offer on my Business Plat of 4 months.
Up until today I haven't been getting any offers on any of my cards for quite a while.

About a month ago I contacted Amex and was called back by a supervisor who said they'll send all my accounts to the backend marketing team to take a look, either that eventually did something or it's just luck that in starting to get offers now.
Mar 10, 2012
718 posts
1201 upvotes
PEACHLAND
$200 more in free groceries, nice. Thanks for the heads up OP
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5042 posts
3571 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Whooo!!! Time to buy gift cards at save on.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Feb 1, 2017
346 posts
392 upvotes
Darn I super wish I had this card now, this sounds fantastic.
Dec 8, 2013
395 posts
171 upvotes
British Columbia
This is amazing!! Hope they bring back double earn and double redemption :D
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5042 posts
3571 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
2003fxdl wrote: This works?
Worked last time we had this promo. Bought Amazon gift card and few chips.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1674 posts
1237 upvotes
Interesting DP.. I got this offer last year + again this year. My AF hasn't triggered yet.

Can't really use the $200 TC so this is pretty welcoming news. Already got ridiculous value before they changed WB spring last year, and redeemed all my MR for statement credit. This card's more than paid for itself.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13707 posts
3766 upvotes
Scarberia
axIguy wrote: Seems pretty similar to the offer from last year. Check your Amex Offers on the website/app to register.

Terms below:

DETAILS: Register your Platinum Card and order on Uber Eats, shop online or in-store* at participating Sobeys (including Foodland and Safeway), Metro, Save-On-Foods locations in Canada and receive up to $200 in statement credits by 18/07/2021. Terms apply. View Participating Locations

OFFER TERMS: *Check the merchant website for more information for in-store, curbside pick-up and online purchases, where available and permitted. Only Basic Platinum Cards to be successfully registered are eligible for the offer. The registered Card account must be in good standing. Must first register your Card to the offer and use same Card to make qualifying purchase(s) by 18/07/2021. Date format is DD/MM/YYYY. A purchase made during the offer period prior to registration of your eligible Card in this program is not a qualifying purchase. Your registration of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to qualifying purchases on that Card.

From 19/01/2021 until 18/07/2021, when you make qualifying purchases with your registered card in-store, on the merchant mobile application (if applicable), or online at participating locations of Sobeys (including Foodland and Safeway), Metro, Save-On-Foods, or Uber Eats in Canada, (click here for a list of merchant websites) you can get a statement credit equal to the amount of the purchase transaction after taxes and applicable fees, up to a maximum of $200 (CAD) in statement credits, during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account. Subject to Amex acceptance. In the case of an online purchase made during the offer period, it may not qualify if the registered Card is charged on the shipping/delivery date and that date occurs after the offer ends. Offer is only available for delivery of purchase(s) within Canada.

Some purchases may not qualify for a statement credit equal to the purchase amount if the maximum of $200 (CAD) in statement credits will be exceeded. This may result in a statement credit being issued for an amount less than the purchase. Purchases made with supplementary cards are not qualifying purchases. Offer valid in-store, on the merchant mobile application (if applicable), and online at participating locations that accept American Express. Any purchases not made directly with an eligible merchant are excluded including but not limited to purchases of gift cards, oil, gas, fuel, protection plans, service plans, insurance plans, financial services, technology services, postal services, lottery services, floral services, wine, liquor and alcohol purchases, and medical or pharmacy services. Online purchases not available at all participating merchants. For participating grocery merchants that offer online shopping, check your store location to see if they offer delivery services in your area. Offer is non-transferable. You can earn a maximum of $200 (CAD) in statement credit/s per registered Card during the offer period.

Statement credit will be applied to your registered Card account within 90 days after 18/07/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase(s). Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase(s) is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. Unless expressly stated otherwise in the offer, the following transactions are not qualifying purchases for this offer: purchasing a merchant’s goods through a third party, such as through concession stores in department stores, payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone, online aggregators that sell goods of other merchants or if the merchant category is otherwise not identified. A statement credit does not constitute a payment and does not satisfy the requirement to pay the minimum due on a credit card. The Basic/Primary Cardmember must continue to make separate payments of at least the minimum due in accordance with the Cardmember agreement and account statement applicable to their registered Card.

In the event that you replace your registered Card through Amex Bank of Canada or other participating American Express card issuer (as applicable) during the offer period, your participation in this offer will end and you will need to re-register for this offer.

For full terms that apply to registering your Card in the program, see Program Terms.
Buy a banana and 200$ gc at metro? I got offer on pers plat
Screenshot_20210119-024919_Photo Studio PRO.jpg
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Nov 26, 2014
413 posts
690 upvotes
Calgary, AB
sports1 wrote: Interesting DP.. I got this offer last year + again this year. My AF hasn't triggered yet.

Can't really use the $200 TC so this is pretty welcoming news. Already got ridiculous value before they changed WB spring last year, and redeemed all my MR for statement credit. This card's more than paid for itself.
You can use the $200 TC amigo.

Book a refundable hotel stay through the Amex portal and apply the credit, then cancel the stay and you'll still have your $200 credit in your balance.
Jul 15, 2008
707 posts
600 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP. I was looking to keep my Plat for only 1 year but AMEX is really tempting me to stay. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes