• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2020 3:23 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
4930 posts
2741 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote: I've only heard of one person that apparently wasn't churning but got shut down.
Don't you think that guy would be super mad? especially seeing all these bonuses that he won't be able to get anymore? After being charged the same AF as everyone else?
And if there is one, there are bound to be others.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5515 posts
4552 upvotes
mech9t5 wrote: Don't you think that guy would be super mad? especially seeing all these bonuses that he won't be able to get anymore? After being charged the same AF as everyone else?
And if there is one, there are bound to be others.
Absolutely, that's why I'm taking that DP with a grain of salt because it wouldn't make sense for Amex to throw a good client under the bus like that. I'm almost certain there's something that wasn't said, it's the internet after all so if I wanted to I can claim I've spent $2+ million on Amex and they shut me out for no reason etc.

I'm going off what actually makes sense and what the majority is saying.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
4930 posts
2741 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote: Absolutely, that's why I'm taking that DP with a grain of salt because it wouldn't make sense for Amex to throw a good client under the bus like that. I'm almost certain there's something that wasn't said, it's the internet after all so if I wanted to I can claim I've spent $2+ million on Amex and they shut me out for no reason etc.

I'm going off what actually makes sense and what the majority is saying.
That's why I said IF
Aug 27, 2012
440 posts
386 upvotes
Calgary
Question for those who haven’t had a chance to use their travel credit last year and got their card renewed recently. Does your travel credit become $400 for this year or do you get a separate voucher for the carryover amount? Just curious how it looks like in a system and if it can be used all at once in one go?
Feb 4, 2019
537 posts
711 upvotes
BC
pauliaK wrote: Question for those who haven’t had a chance to use their travel credit last year and got their card renewed recently. Does your travel credit become $400 for this year or do you get a separate voucher for the carryover amount? Just curious how it looks like in a system and if it can be used all at once in one go?
Use it or lose it AFAIK.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5515 posts
4552 upvotes
pauliaK wrote: Question for those who haven’t had a chance to use their travel credit last year and got their card renewed recently. Does your travel credit become $400 for this year or do you get a separate voucher for the carryover amount? Just curious how it looks like in a system and if it can be used all at once in one go?
It doesn't carry over.
Aug 27, 2012
440 posts
386 upvotes
Calgary
rhw123 wrote: Use it or lose it AFAIK.
Gtaphotog wrote: It doesn't carry over.
This is from the email I have received from AMEX on April 7th, 2020
First and foremost, we are dedicated to ensuring you can access the many benefits that your Platinum Card offers. We understand you may not have had or will not have an opportunity to use your $200 CAD Annual Travel Credit before it expires. If your credit expired or is set to expire between January and September of this year, and you have not already used it, we will be proactively issuing you a replacement credit. There is nothing required from you at this time, and we will be in touch with more details on how the replacement will be updated on your account.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5515 posts
4552 upvotes
pauliaK wrote: This is from the email I have received from AMEX on April 7th, 2020
Nice that they're giving a replacement to C-19
Feb 4, 2019
537 posts
711 upvotes
BC
pauliaK wrote: This is from the email I have received from AMEX on April 7th, 2020
OK, looks like a one-time exception because of Covid in case you didn't use the credit. Most people here who don't use their travel credit cash it out before the AF hits using the refundable hotel trick so probably not a lot of people know any details about this exception. Best to ask Amex.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
2839 posts
1215 upvotes
YUL/YVR
Most Travelzoo.ers prob signed up in Sep or Oct
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
7251 posts
1676 upvotes
multi city dweller
Does anyone know the redemption rate for the amex biz plat MR points currently if I could not get it merged with my amex per plat MR account?
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
2823 posts
3165 upvotes
Montreal
LOL808 wrote: Does anyone know the redemption rate for the amex biz plat MR points currently if I could not get it merged with my amex per plat MR account?
For statement credits, business Gold and business Platinum cards have always been 1,000 MR = $10.
Apr 23, 2017
568 posts
329 upvotes
Do you guys know if I redeem the points for purchases/statement credits, under the current promo (1000pts = $20) or otherwise, am I setting myself back aka delaying in me hitting the MSR for the card? Ex: I spend $1000 and redeem $300 towards statement credits, does Amex count only $700 towards the MSR?

TIA
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Feb 10, 2018
800 posts
464 upvotes
yugsekwaf wrote: Do you guys know if I redeem the points for purchases/statement credits, under the current promo (1000pts = $20) or otherwise, am I setting myself back aka delaying in me hitting the MSR for the card? Ex: I spend $1000 and redeem $300 towards statement credits, does Amex count only $700 towards the MSR?

TIA

No.

$300 is seen as payment ie your full spend is $1000