Amex - The SimplyCash Card
I have no idea what the card will be, so hoping that it's a good card this time! (2% cb no annual fee at least?)
And of course, will update the thread throughout the event.
EDIT: It looks like the card has already been announced and it's called The SimplyCash Card.
There will be two versions: No annual fee and $79 annual fee.
No annual fee version (SimplyCash)
- Welcome Bonus: 5% cashback at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants in Canada for first 6 months (up to $250 cb = $5000 spending)
- 1.25% for everything else and above after 6 month promo ends.
$79 annual fee version (SimplyCash Preferred)
- Welcome Bonus: 5% cashback on everything for first 6 months (up to $400 cb = $8000 spending)
- 1.5% up to $100,000 spending annually, after 6 month promo ends
- 1.25% after you passed the annual $100,000 tier
- Extra insurance coverage compare to NAF SimplyCash (refer to comparison link below for details)
Applies to both cards
- Cash back is applied as a credit to your account annually
- No annual fee for Supplementary Cards
- No annual cashback limit
Direct comparison of the two cards on AMEX website: https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/c ... ard=card25
Reason: Updated thread title