Amex - The SimplyCash Card

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2020 12:28 am
Tags:
None
Dec 8, 2017
433 posts
206 upvotes
Forgive me for not reading through this entire thread. It looks like the welcome bonus is only for 3 months now and only for %2.5? I want to apply for this because I want to transfer my credit limit over to this, as I am canceling the Cobalt.

Is there any other promotion active for this, before I apply? I'm interested in the no annual fee one.

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5904 posts
5121 upvotes
bubaglobalj wrote: Forgive me for not reading through this entire thread. It looks like the welcome bonus is only for 3 months now and only for %2.5? I want to apply for this because I want to transfer my credit limit over to this, as I am canceling the Cobalt.

Is there any other promotion active for this, before I apply? I'm interested in the no annual fee one.

Thanks
It seems like the only current promo is the 2.5% for 3 months up to $150.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5463 posts
4289 upvotes
bubaglobalj wrote: Forgive me for not reading through this entire thread. It looks like the welcome bonus is only for 3 months now and only for %2.5? I want to apply for this because I want to transfer my credit limit over to this, as I am canceling the Cobalt.

Thanks
Apply through GCR and get $30 cash back. The welcome bonus is the identical same terms (2.5% for 3 months, max $150 CB).
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5904 posts
5121 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: Apply through GCR and get $30 cash back. The welcome bonus is the identical same terms (2.5% for 3 months, max $150 CB).
Ya that's true. I totally forgot about gcr for my SC and tangs MC. Face With Rolling Eyes
Mar 21, 2019
746 posts
725 upvotes
So I’m thinking I’m gonna ditch my SCP before renewal, and I currently have over $300 is cash back built up on it, which should be paid out on August statement I believe?
I don’t plan on using the card anymore, so I was wondering what will happen when they apply that cash back to the statement with a $0 balance.
Will it just go into a negative balance which I must spend with the card, or will they send me a cheque if I call to request it after it’s been applied to the account?
Nov 22, 2012
555 posts
529 upvotes
NS
masterman wrote: So I’m thinking I’m gonna ditch my SCP before renewal, and I currently have over $300 is cash back built up on it, which should be paid out on August statement I believe?
I don’t plan on using the card anymore, so I was wondering what will happen when they apply that cash back to the statement with a $0 balance.
Will it just go into a negative balance which I must spend with the card, or will they send me a cheque if I call to request it after it’s been applied to the account?
The cashback balance shown on your Aug statement is credited to your account on Sep 1st. If you have a negative balance, you can request that a cheque be sent to you. I did this once.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5904 posts
5121 upvotes
jevonb wrote: The cashback balance shown on your Aug statement is credited to your account on Sep 1st. If you have a negative balance, you can request that a cheque be sent to you. I did this once.
Would Amex be able to send the cashback from the SimplyCash over to a different card?

I'm going to apply for the pers gold next week and doubt I'll be using the SC afterwards.
Mar 21, 2019
746 posts
725 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote: Would Amex be able to send the cashback from the SimplyCash over to a different card?

I'm going to apply for the pers gold next week and doubt I'll be using the SC afterwards.
If it were another SC card, maybe, but PG is a totally different reward structure so highly unlikely.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5904 posts
5121 upvotes
masterman wrote: If it were another SC card, maybe, but PG is a totally different reward structure so highly unlikely.
That's what I'm assuming but I wonder if they can just apply to the balance.
Dec 8, 2017
433 posts
206 upvotes
I forgot when I activated the card. Is there an easy place to check when the 3 months bonus period is completed? I am trying to time my next credit card with bonus period perfectly :-)
Mar 21, 2019
746 posts
725 upvotes
bubaglobalj wrote: I forgot when I activated the card. Is there an easy place to check when the 3 months bonus period is completed? I am trying to time my next credit card with bonus period perfectly :-)
Doesn’t matter when you activate.
Your 3 months starts the day you’re approved.
Dec 8, 2017
433 posts
206 upvotes
masterman wrote: Doesn’t matter when you activate.
Your 3 months starts the day you’re approved.
Oh I didn't realize that. Is that the norm for all credit cards? e.g. the ScotiaBank passport?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
7685 posts
2054 upvotes
multi city dweller
bubaglobalj wrote: Oh I didn't realize that. Is that the norm for all credit cards? e.g. the ScotiaBank passport?
afaik ... same for all cc ...