• Nov 19th, 2020 10:55 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
7887 posts
2152 upvotes
multi city dweller
tradinghumble wrote: Applied approved instantly (Scp) but shitty $1k limit - will they raise if I call ? How am I’m supposed to $4000 without having to spend and pay ? Ugh
officially, amex will only "change" yr cl once every 6 months ... but ymmv if you call and ask for 1 ...

you do have 6 months to meet the msr now right?
Apr 14, 2006
616 posts
373 upvotes
St Johns
LOL808 wrote:
officially, amex will only "change" yr cl once every 6 months ... but ymmv if you call and ask for 1 ...

you do have 6 months to meet the msr now right?
I think it’s 10% first 4 months but I want to buy a new set of tires $2500 right away
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
7887 posts
2152 upvotes
multi city dweller
tradinghumble wrote: I think it’s 10% first 4 months but I want to buy a new set of tires $2500 right away
do you have other credit cards at amex? if so, you could move them over ... should they refuse to give you cli ...
i never tried prepaying the cc before making the purchase but you can ask if you can do it this way ...

if all else fails, you can resort to buying 1 tire at a time ... ? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7471 posts
7597 upvotes
The Prairies
tradinghumble wrote: I think it’s 10% first 4 months but I want to buy a new set of tires $2500 right away
Are you buying tires for a monster truck?
I have a pickup truck, and even those tires aren’t anywhere near $2500 lol
Apr 14, 2006
616 posts
373 upvotes
St Johns
LOL808 wrote: do you have other credit cards at amex? if so, you could move them over ... should they refuse to give you cli ...
i never tried prepaying the cc before making the purchase but you can ask if you can do it this way ...

if all else fails, you can resort to buying 1 tire at a time ... ? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Pre-paying it’s a great idea - thx !
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7471 posts
7597 upvotes
The Prairies
tradinghumble wrote: Pre-paying it’s a great idea - thx !
Careful with that, they frown upon that.
I got my SCP locked in the first month from prepaying, and when I called they told me they don’t like that.
So yeah, they give you a crap limit, then lock your card when you attempt to make the crap limit work for you.
I’m cancelling mine as soon as the cashback posts this month, and I’ll be done with this clown show outfit once and for all.
Apr 14, 2006
616 posts
373 upvotes
St Johns
coolintheshade wrote: Careful with that, they frown upon that.
I got my SCP locked in the first month from prepaying, and when I called they told me they don’t like that.
So yeah, they give you a crap limit, then lock your card when you attempt to make the crap limit work for you.
I’m cancelling mine as soon as the cashback posts this month, and I’ll be done with this clown show outfit once and for all.
I'm confused as to why they wouldn't like someone to pre-pay...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7471 posts
7597 upvotes
The Prairies
tradinghumble wrote: I'm confused as to why they wouldn't like someone to pre-pay...
As was I, and I’ve come to the conclusion that, well Amex is in their own little world.
Apr 16, 2020
210 posts
277 upvotes
tradinghumble wrote: Applied approved instantly (Scp) but shitty $1k limit - will they raise if I call ? How am I’m supposed to $4000 without having to spend and pay ? Ugh
If you're lucky they could agree to a temporary raise of your CL, although I doubt they'd do that for a new cardholder.
Apr 14, 2006
616 posts
373 upvotes
St Johns
coolintheshade wrote: Are you buying tires for a monster truck?
I have a pickup truck, and even those tires aren’t anywhere near $2500 lol
Low profile winter tires 265/30R20 ... they are expensive even at Costco
Apr 16, 2020
210 posts
277 upvotes
After applying for this card I got IA, but no email. Is that normal or should I be calling up Amex about it?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6932 posts
3241 upvotes
Montreal
Kneader wrote: After applying for this card I got IA, but no email. Is that normal or should I be calling up Amex about it?
It’s normal... stupid but normal.

I applied September 3 and I got no email .

I received a letter by postal mail September 11 saying my pin and that card should arrive soon.

I received card by regular mail September 15.

Did you copy your reference number somewhere ?

You can check with your reference number here:
(I googled it to find address)

https://online.americanexpress.com/docu ... ication_CA

In my case with instant approval it says
« Our records indicate that no further action is required from you through this site. »
Last edited by cashinstinct on Sep 16th, 2020 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 16, 2020
210 posts
277 upvotes
cashinstinct wrote: It’s normal... stupid but normal.

I applied sept 3 and I got no email yet.

I received a letter by postal mail sept 11 saying my pin and that card should arrive soon.

Did you copy your reference number somewhere ?

You can check with your reference number here:
(I googled it to find address)

https://online.americanexpress.com/docu ... ication_CA

In my case with instant approval it says
« Our records indicate that no further action is required from you through this site. »
Thank you for the timeline and the link!

I applied September 10 and received an email today that the card is arriving in the next 10 business days.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1084 posts
1114 upvotes
Cashback credit was issued on my Preferred yesterday.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7471 posts
7597 upvotes
The Prairies
joshnet wrote: Cashback credit was issued on my Preferred yesterday.
And mine today.
I guess our statement cycles are pretty close (mine is the 27th).