• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 11:38 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3702 posts
975 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: I take it that means the Costco gas station's use the same merchant code as the retailer? Bummer.
They don't use the same merchant code - transactions made at the gas pump have a gas merchant code, and show up as "Costco Gas" on a credit card statement.

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/s4aqn4.png[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4116 posts
738 upvotes
Richmond
mr_raider wrote: Visa has paywave.
visa doesn't have that option. No cheaper interchange for below $10 transactions that are processed via paywave. At least they do not have it listed in their merchant interchange fees.

If you are a small merchant that does mostly $5 to $10 transactions then mc is probably preferred due mastercard offering incentive rates to use paypass at that amount. Since mc only wants 5 to 7 cents cents per transaction in that range.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5361 posts
1777 upvotes
GTEH!
Applied for the card on the W/E and today got approved for it today. :|
😎
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
1198 posts
361 upvotes
these cards are on grc now, $25 cash back for simplycash and $50 for simplycash preferred version
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
5590 posts
1152 upvotes
Toronto
ricedion wrote: I think people will more likely to recommend this card to friends/family if they offer referral bonus like other AMEX card. We did point this out to the AMEX rep at the launch event, and I hope they will consider this idea in the future.
WOW AMEX is quick in response to our suggestion .... Cash back is now available via GCR
$25 for SimplyCash™ Card from American Express®
$50 for SimplyCash™ Preferred Card from American Express®
May 17, 2010
554 posts
42 upvotes
So i guess were screwed for GCR if we've already applied? :|
Aug 14, 2013
548 posts
49 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Just missed 25$, worth of 2000$ expense!
However, I can not see those cards on GCR.
Poutinesauce wrote: For only $25 I don't care, no big deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3501 posts
2015 upvotes
Toronto
New card to replace TrueEarnings, no wonder:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... e20652935/
Costco Wholesale Corp said it will stop accepting American Express Co cards in Canada from next year as it will not be renewing its credit card relationship, which expires on Dec. 31.

“Costco warehouses and gas stations in the United States will continue to accept American Express Cards after Jan. 1, 2015, with the exception of TrueEarnings and American Express Platinum Cash Rebate cards issued in Canada,” Costco said in an email to customers.

Costco said it will provide information about new payment and membership card options soon.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
7622 posts
1999 upvotes
multi city dweller
Has anyone compared this CC to the amex blue sky CC?

I have the blue sky CC, but considering getting this CC (no fee version) to replace it.

It seems this CC has more card benefits than the blue sky CC. :lol:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)