• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2020 12:28 am
Tags:
None
Aug 14, 2013
548 posts
49 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Who knows how long it takes for this card to arrive? I applied on the 2 of Sep., however, my card has not arrived yet.
Jan 8, 2006
450 posts
57 upvotes
So Capital One MasterCard will be the new Costco card. I wonder whether it is compatible in US Costco .
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2004
6771 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bon wrote: So Capital One MasterCard will be the new Costco card. I wonder whether it is compatible in US Costco .
Not until 2016, if the Costco US contract goes MC too?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6448 posts
4973 upvotes
I called Amex since I have a TrueEarnings card and made an early application to the SimplyCash card, asking what would happen to the accounts. The CSR told me I would end up with two cards. I asked him if it was possible to cancel one of the cards and transfer its limit onto the other, like I read about here. He told me no. He told me that it could be done, but if I canceled the other card, that limit transfered on the existing card would go away as well. That looks very strange to me, can anyone confirm this is true?
May 17, 2010
554 posts
42 upvotes
Did u ask when they're shipping cards out? Amex rep told me mine was shipped two weeks ago but obviously not lol
Aug 14, 2013
548 posts
49 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Amex today told me that the card has been sent out this week, and I should receive it next week.
bullocks wrote: Did u ask when they're shipping cards out? Amex rep told me mine was shipped two weeks ago but obviously not lol
Jul 19, 2007
841 posts
150 upvotes
Have not received my card either, its been a while.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
2170 posts
339 upvotes
Mississauga
I applied for this card and it is asking for identification?? Is that normal procedure?
Oh sada kehra bapu karda black nee, Jehra tere shahir (Toronto), Le lawan flat nee
Jul 8, 2009
660 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
MehtabS wrote: I applied for this card and it is asking for identification?? Is that normal procedure?
When I applied, I was approved pending an identity check. (Most likely due to the People's Trust fiasco there is a flag on my credit file.)

It involved Amex calling me. I didn't answer and they left a message to call back and a reference number. I called, gave the number, and the CSR asked a bunch of questions to confirm my identity.

She was pretty bad at asking the questions, which does not reflect well on Amex. She was mumbling and stuttering, and honestly it seemed like she had a tough time reading. One question asked if I had a credit card ending with "0000" from "Capital One Financial Bank". When I asked her to repeat because I didn't hear her clearly, she just asked if I had a Capital One credit card - which I do, but that is not the correct answer. I was suspicious of it being called "Capital One Financial Bank" since I'd never heard it called that.

I forced her to repeat the entire question, slowly, and realised that I have no credit card ending with "0000". (who the hell does?!) I'm not sure what the consequence would have been if I got it wrong.

If anyone goes through this process, make sure you hear and understand the full question.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
2170 posts
339 upvotes
Mississauga
Mercury048 wrote: When I applied, I was approved pending an identity check. (Most likely due to the People's Trust fiasco there is a flag on my credit file.)

It involved Amex calling me. I didn't answer and they left a message to call back and a reference number. I called, gave the number, and the CSR asked a bunch of questions to confirm my identity.

She was pretty bad at asking the questions, which does not reflect well on Amex. She was mumbling and stuttering, and honestly it seemed like she had a tough time reading. One question asked if I had a credit card ending with "0000" from "Capital One Financial Bank". When I asked her to repeat because I didn't hear her clearly, she just asked if I had a Capital One credit card - which I do, but that is not the correct answer. I was suspicious of it being called "Capital One Financial Bank" since I'd never heard it called that.

I forced her to repeat the entire question, slowly, and realised that I have no credit card ending with "0000". (who the hell does?!) I'm not sure what the consequence would have been if I got it wrong.

If anyone goes through this process, make sure you hear and understand the full question.
I am not even at that stage...they are asking for bank account number and asking for consent to release information from bank about me. Also I am student so can I lie about my income in application?

EDIT: I applied again and got this message, am I in trouble?

Thank you for applying for SimplyCashTM Card from American Express. Your application is currently under review and will be completed within 10 days.

If you have additional questions regarding the status of your application, please call the New Accounts Department at 1-800-575-2273, quoting application reference number 2014-XXXX-XXXX-XXCAD and we will be happy to assist you further. The department hours of operation are Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Thank you for choosing American Express and we look forward to serving you.
Oh sada kehra bapu karda black nee, Jehra tere shahir (Toronto), Le lawan flat nee
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5427 posts
1838 upvotes
GTEH!
Mercury048 wrote: and realised that I have no credit card ending with "0000". (who the hell does?!)
My Costco AMEX card ends in '000". So I guess I'm in the small minority with this type of credit card numbering. :confused:
😎
Aug 3, 2006
739 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
MehtabS wrote: I am not even at that stage...they are asking for bank account number and asking for consent to release information from bank about me. Also I am student so can I lie about my income in application?

EDIT: I applied again and got this message, am I in trouble?

Thank you for applying for SimplyCashTM Card from American Express. Your application is currently under review and will be completed within 10 days.

If you have additional questions regarding the status of your application, please call the New Accounts Department at 1-800-575-2273, quoting application reference number 2014-XXXX-XXXX-XXCAD and we will be happy to assist you further. The department hours of operation are Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Thank you for choosing American Express and we look forward to serving you.
They're verifying identity. Normal for Amex. Just takes 4-5 days to verify. They're not verifying income.
Jul 8, 2009
660 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
MehtabS wrote: EDIT: I applied again and got this message, am I in trouble?

This is different than what I got. This doesn't seem related to verifying your identity, but to actually having your credit file reviewed.

I say just follow the instructions. Wait 10 days, and if you don't hear back from Amex then call them.
BoogieMan wrote: They're verifying identity. Normal for Amex. Just takes 4-5 days to verify. They're not verifying income.
I don't know. Mine said "Thank you for choosing American Express. You have been conditionally approved pending verification of the information you have provided. You will hear from us within 10 days." (Exact wording; I saved it.)