Amex - The SimplyCash Card

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2024 10:51 am
Tags:
None
Nov 9, 2013
636 posts
61 upvotes
*****booradley wrote: How do you know that ?

They might or might not , you don't know that for sure , do you ?

Stop passing off your assumptions and guesstimates as facts, and embarrassing yourself.

Only Amex knows that for sure, and no one else , including you & me.
AMEX will make all current Costco AMEX cardholders re-apply to other AMEX cards. The costco AMEX will cease to exists.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2788 upvotes
100percentmadeincanada wrote: AMEX will make all current Costco AMEX cardholders re-apply to other AMEX cards. The costco AMEX will cease to exists.
Well they can't make me. LOL
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
100percentmadeincanada wrote: AMEX will make all current Costco AMEX cardholders re-apply to other AMEX cards. The costco AMEX will cease to exists.
I highly doubt that. Did you call them and they told you this?
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2007
1324 posts
689 upvotes
Be nice if they had a $100 bonus like the blue sky. ..but ill get it anyway.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
All the talk about the Amex Costco card and possible conversion/non-conversion should stop now...leave it at the other thread.
costco-amex-what-happened-1514259/

So, what other NO-FEE cards are out there that offer 1% or more, and offers Buyers assurance (extended warranties) AND car rental insurance (so you can decline LDW), like this new Amex card? Sure, it'd be nice if the piddly 1.25% was higher, like the 2% RWE (but, let's not mention this card since it's no longer available to new applicants).
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2643 posts
172 upvotes
Smart Cash?
bizee-bee wrote: All the talk about the Amex Costco card and possible conversion/non-conversion should stop now...leave it at the other thread.

So, what other NO-FEE cards are out there that offer 1% or more, and offers Buyers assurance (extended warranties) AND car rental insurance (so you can decline LDW), like this new Amex card? Sure, it'd be nice if the piddly 1.25% was higher, like the 2% RWE (but, let's not mention this card since it's no longer available to new applicants).
Nov 9, 2013
636 posts
61 upvotes
ilove wrote: Well they can't make me. LOL
D-Roc wrote: I highly doubt that. Did you call them and they told you this?
well we can always have a little wager if you want to. I do not need to call them and I know this information 4 weeks ago in the other thread.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4783 posts
1328 upvotes
Richmond
sunvv wrote: I think it's better than amex airmile credit card.

anyone knows if I can convert my amex airmile cc to this simplycash cc? or I have to apply to simplycash one and cancel the old airmile cc?

thanks.
better than the blue sky card that's no annual fee
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
9301 posts
10316 upvotes
The SimplyCash/RemiseSimple with no annual fee is a good card. It shows Amex is trying to cater to what customers want. Incidentally, I read on Capital One's site it's Quebecers who are very keen on cashback cards, while other Canadians prefer travel rewards.

The SimplyCash with an annual fee, however, seems only worth it if either Capital One rejects you for the Aspire Travel, or if your yearly revenue is not enough to apply to it. The only advantage the Simplycash premium has is the travel medical insurance/hotel and such related benefits, that is if you correspond to this specific set of circumstances.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4783 posts
1328 upvotes
Richmond
lol i don't travel or have the funds to do so right now. Or even have the time, so really no point.

I rather take the cashback from a cb card, cash it in and then dump it into a bank account to earn interest towards a airline ticket for use in the far off future. But it's a good no annual fee card to build a history with amex. That is you ever intend on living in another country for a couple of years, then it would be easy to transfer over your canadian credit history though amex
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2007
1324 posts
689 upvotes
Does my scotia amex count as an amex when I apply and they ask me if I have an amex card already?

I assume no?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
100percentmadeincanada wrote: well we can always have a little wager if you want to. I do not need to call them and I know this information 4 weeks ago in the other thread.
So you work for Amex?

And I would take that wager if I knew you in real life. That is how confident I am that you are not correct.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6076 upvotes
Vancouver
1.25% sucks.

In contrast, the AMEX Costco TrueEarnings' 3% cashback (non-tiered) at restaurants is fantastic.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4783 posts
1328 upvotes
Richmond
given the annual fee amex gold from Scotia still has this beat
Mar 23, 2004
47726 posts
13898 upvotes
Markham
bizee-bee wrote: All the talk about the Amex Costco card and possible conversion/non-conversion should stop now...leave it at the other thread.
I perfectly agree.

Please note that further posts on this thread about the costco amex, whether the card will cease to exist and whether amex will force the cardholder to reapply for another card will not allowed. they have NOTHING to do with this thread. Further posts on that will be deleted and the poster may get an infraction. Thank you.
Deal Guru
Sep 9, 2003
10598 posts
4848 upvotes
Burnaby
crystallight wrote: When did they get rid of it? I can still see it on their site.
With $89 annual fee.

Grandfathered cardholders have no annual fee (MBNA SPG, or conversions made in the past from regular rewards)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
angel_wing0 wrote: I perfectly agree.

Please note that further posts on this thread about the costco amex, whether the card will cease to exist and whether amex will force the cardholder to reapply for another card will not allowed. they have NOTHING to do with this thread. Further posts on that will be deleted and the poster may get an infraction. Thank you.

Actually I disagree that it has nothing to do with the thread, but you are the mod.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2007
1324 posts
689 upvotes
So this card won't have any bonus sign ups?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)