• Oct 7th, 2020 12:28 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
41621 posts
7614 upvotes
Markham
bizee-bee wrote: All the talk about the Amex Costco card and possible conversion/non-conversion should stop now...leave it at the other thread.
costco-amex-what-happened-1514259/
I perfectly agree.

Please note that further posts on this thread about the costco amex, whether the card will cease to exist and whether amex will force the cardholder to reapply for another card will not allowed. they have NOTHING to do with this thread. Further posts on that will be deleted and the poster may get an infraction. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3447 posts
1738 upvotes
Waterloo
bizee-bee wrote: All the talk about the Amex Costco card and possible conversion/non-conversion should stop now...leave it at the other thread.
costco-amex-what-happened-1514259/

So, what other NO-FEE cards are out there that offer 1% or more, and offers Buyers assurance (extended warranties) AND car rental insurance (so you can decline LDW), like this new Amex card? Sure, it'd be nice if the piddly 1.25% was higher, like the 2% RWE (but, let's not mention this card since it's no longer available to new applicants).
When did they get rid of it? I can still see it on their site.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
angel_wing0 wrote: I perfectly agree.

Please note that further posts on this thread about the costco amex, whether the card will cease to exist and whether amex will force the cardholder to reapply for another card will not allowed. they have NOTHING to do with this thread. Further posts on that will be deleted and the poster may get an infraction. Thank you.

Actually I disagree that it has nothing to do with the thread, but you are the mod.
Jul 19, 2007
841 posts
150 upvotes
So this card won't have any bonus sign ups?
Aug 14, 2013
548 posts
49 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Just applied, conditionally approved.
Wait to verify my information since I have a anti-fraud flag in my credit file.
Jul 19, 2007
841 posts
150 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: Not applying to this for a long while since I have way too many hits in the last year.
I just got my marriot chase last week, applied for mbna 0% yesterday and amex today.

I have a cap one, scotia amex gold and smart cash also.
All in less than one year...
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2006
2051 posts
125 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: No fyf is a big killer, although you can earn more than enough to cover it during the 5% promo period. The card has its weaknesses, but i wouldnt go as far to say that it's completely useless. I actually will probably go for the free one for the 5% in the first 6 months ($5000 spending on GC? OH YEAH).

And thread title is updated.
After the 5% promo period, this card is absolutely useless. Compare this card to the CapOne Aspire Travel with their annual fee of $120 and 10K in annual bonus with a very good comprehensive travel insurance plus price protection. The Aspire is not only 2% cashback for travel rewards (cumbersome) but also with a straight 1.5% cashback option. Not to forget a $350 sign up bonus and better acceptance.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
41621 posts
7614 upvotes
Markham
Vasyl wrote: After the 5% promo period, this card is absolutely useless.
lol yeah, kinda hard/impossible to argue against that :lol: But like the thing I say, it's a step to the right direction..baby steps come on :D
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6449 posts
4984 upvotes
Vasyl wrote: After the 5% promo period, this card is absolutely useless. Compare this card to the CapOne Aspire Travel with their annual fee of $120 and 10K in annual bonus with a very good comprehensive travel insurance plus price protection. The Aspire is not only 2% cashback for travel rewards (cumbersome) but also with a straight 1.5% cashback option. Not to forget a $350 sign up bonus and better acceptance.
Not everyone makes enough to be eligible for World cards though.