None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
7871 posts
2141 upvotes
multi city dweller
kool1 wrote: New Amazon offer for anyone interested :

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/adlp/amexscp

Not super hot or anything but $75 is better than nothing.
this 1 seems to be for "new" cardmember only ... not sure if it is strictly enforced ...
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
2812 posts
1335 upvotes
Cashback depleted. Time to open another SimplyCash.
Loose lips sink ships. | Her Majesty's Naval Service
Sep 6, 2009
594 posts
221 upvotes
I just cancelled this card. I must say that was the quickest and best cancellation experience. Automated, said two words "cancel card" and "yes", done.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7456 posts
7585 upvotes
The Prairies
Rickynl wrote: Do you mind telling us why you cancel it?
People get the card for the 5% cash back promo during the first 6 months.
After that, the payout is only 1.25%
Sep 6, 2009
594 posts
221 upvotes
Rickynl wrote: Do you mind telling us why you cancel it?
1. 6 month promo is over. The 1.25% cashback now is not attractive. I have MBNA RWE (2%) and CapitalOne Aspire Cash (1.5%).
2. There just aren't many places that accept AMEX. With the few places where I can use the card, I have to use pin every time. I couldn't tap or use android pay.
3. Wait for next churn.
May 8, 2016
56 posts
10 upvotes
Got ya!!
Well, guess I will keep this card for a while coz it's my first Amex card.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1327 posts
409 upvotes
I forgot to use the GCR link to apply for card. Is there any way to get it now?
My application is still in review.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7456 posts
7585 upvotes
The Prairies
wra45mon wrote: I forgot to use the GCR link to apply for card. Is there any way to get it now?
My application is still in review.
I doubt it.
Your application won’t be attached to any GCR click tracking number, so Amex would be able to issue a rebate to GCR.
Sep 8, 2017
54 posts
29 upvotes
I'm probably going to apply for the no-fee SimplyCash card soon. Just had a few questions (apologies if it's been asked before...92 pages is a lot yknow)

1. How long would the card take to arrive? I've never had an AMEX before.
2. Can I theoretically spend the entire $5000 to get the $250 bonus in one month? Or does it have to spaced out over the 6 month period?
3. What type of limit can I expect?

I currently have 2 cards with a 3k limit on each (TD Student Visa & BMO SPC MC). Credit scores are:
* CreditKarma: 788
* Borrowell: 761
* Mogo: 763

[removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Oct 21st, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: not allowed
Ever since I discovered RFD, I've spent so much money in the interest of saving money...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7456 posts
7585 upvotes
The Prairies
CapKap wrote: I'm probably going to apply for the no-fee SimplyCash card soon. Just had a few questions (apologies if it's been asked before...92 pages is a lot yknow)

1. How long would the card take to arrive? I've never had an AMEX before.
2. Can I theoretically spend the entire $5000 to get the $250 bonus in one month? Or does it have to spaced out over the 6 month period?
3. What type of limit can I expect?t

I currently have 2 cards with a 3k limit on each (TD Student Visa & BMO SPC MC). Credit scores are:
* CreditKarma: 788
* Borrowell: 761
* Mogo: 763

[removed]
1. Depends where you reside. Can be anywhere from 3 business days to about 10 business days.
2. You can spend the max whenever you please. The 6 months is only the deadline in which your max spend can be completed.
3. Depends on many factors, including declared income, current total limits compared to income, total debt payments, length of credit history etc...
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
1743 posts
586 upvotes
Toronto
I am going to apply for the no-fee version of this card.
I have read few pages and keep reading more, but in the mean time if you guys could answer few of my questions, I would appreciate it!

I see that currently if I apply though GCR I can get $30.
Is this a decent/good sign up bonus? or should I wait for a better one?

I wonder if applying though these 3rd party incentive sites actually have any effect on card getting approved.
EDIT: One more question. Is this card considered "hard to get approved/require high credit rating" ?

Thanks in advance
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
2038 posts
1508 upvotes
GTA
last_sd wrote: I am going to apply for the no-fee version of this card.
I have read few pages and keep reading more, but in the mean time if you guys could answer few of my questions, I would appreciate it!

I see that currently if I apply though GCR I can get $30.
Is this a decent/good sign up bonus? or should I wait for a better one?

I wonder if applying though these 3rd party incentive sites actually have any effect on card getting approved.
EDIT: One more question. Is this card considered "hard to get approved/require high credit rating" ?

Thanks in advance
-Verified that GCR gives you $30, a referral on the other hand will give you $50 bonus.
-I dont think using GCR or referral has any impact on approval, its just a marketing expense.
-IMO, I dont think its hard to get this card, its just an average kind of card that does not take too high of a score to get. But of course, no one can guarantee this. :)
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
1743 posts
586 upvotes
Toronto
martydxb wrote: -Verified that GCR gives you $30, a referral on the other hand will give you $50 bonus.
-I dont think using GCR or referral has any impact on approval, its just a marketing expense.
-IMO, I dont think its hard to get this card, its just an average kind of card that does not take too high of a score to get. But of course, no one can guarantee this. :)
Thanks for the fast reply.
Interesting that they give bonus to both who is referring and who is referred. Usually it's only the person who is referring.

EDIT: One more Q. Does buying gift card from gas/groceries store counts towards to 5% initial cash back bonus?