Expired Hot Deals

[Ampli] $10 bonus for joining Ampli (cashback)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2020 11:04 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 8, 2001
213 posts
181 upvotes

$10 bonus for joining Ampli (cashback)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
April 30, 2020
Retailer:
Ampli
I got an email from Gasbuddy. They are offering a $10 bonus for joining Ampli using this link: https://ampli.ca/gasbuddy/

It looks like Ampli is a new cashback service, similar to Rakuten and GCR.

*Use promo code GAS10 to sign up with Ampli for the first time between April 9 and April 30, 2020 and link your Canadian financial institution online account to your Ampli account by May 15, 2020, to earn $10.00 cash back in your Ampli account (“Offer”). You must complete all steps to sign up on or before April 30, 2020 then link an account on or before May 15, 2020 to qualify for the Offer. Offer could take up to 5 business days to appear in your Ampli account. Maximum one (1) Offer per Ampli user regardless of the number of cards or accounts you link. Only one promo code can be applied on sign up and cannot be combined with other promo codes. Offer available for new Ampli members only. Offer may be amended or withdrawn at any time without notice. Visit ampli.ca/terms-and-conditions for other terms and conditions applicable to Ampli, including minimum and maximum withdrawal limits.

** If you are unable to accept payment from the Interac e-Transfer service then you will be unable to cash out your Ampli Cash. The minimum amount of Ampli Cash that you can cash out at any time is $15 and the maximum is $1,000.
Last edited by Erkdajerk on Apr 15th, 2020 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
32 replies
Apr 14, 2018
155 posts
170 upvotes
Keep in mind you have to hit $15 before you can cash out. So it's not instant $10, and you'd have to use their service until reaching that threshold. Not sure what their cashback rates are.
Last edited by Watoko on Apr 15th, 2020 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
2143 posts
1648 upvotes
GTA
Thanks for sharing OP. (Upvoted for the effort)

Just a bit of a PSA/Warning about my perspective. There are some offers on the site, so it could work for some people who buy things from those specific stores and earn cashback. However if you dont, you wont be able to reach the $15 required to cash out.
I say this because I still am at $10 which was my sign up bonus from last year and have not earned another penny.

Also some of the offers are contest entries, not cash back.

Again this could work for you, but its worth a bit of research to see if it will pay off for your situation.

EDIT: Just hit 1000 upvotes, thank you @kowrek :)
Last edited by martydxb on Apr 15th, 2020 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 8, 2006
909 posts
557 upvotes
Edmonton
Why do I need to link my bank account to this app? I thought we pay by credit card?
Oct 6, 2018
364 posts
483 upvotes
Watoko wrote: Not sure what their cashback rates are.
Typical cashback is 1-5% and some stores offer up to 10% back.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1006 posts
858 upvotes
ON
Am I the only one paranoid about not wanting to link my banking accounts anywhere?
Isn't it great to live in the 21st century where deleting history has become more important than making it.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3365 posts
1172 upvotes
Montreal
ever since that infamous deal with Toys'r us nothing good has been showing up on Ampli...
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2007
1101 posts
366 upvotes
Calgary
you have to link your bank account?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
8346 posts
4306 upvotes
frostiex wrote: you have to link your bank account?
This is a no-go for me.

Also, this app doesn't seem so great. I am probably going to stick with GCR and Rakuten for my cashback.
Feb 10, 2019
61 posts
15 upvotes
No this is on top of what you get with Rakuten and gcr. Your card is linked so you can double dip
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2007
1101 posts
366 upvotes
Calgary
stevemz wrote: No this is on top of what you get with Rakuten and gcr. Your card is linked so you can double dip
Even if I can double dip...that's too intrusive for me. I rather not gain a few extra %.
If I can use my paypal or CC...i probably won't mind as much.
to each its own...I guess.
Nov 10, 2011
859 posts
816 upvotes
St. Catharines
I joined Ampli a couple of months ago. So far, it has been a waste of effort. I joined through Checkout 51, and I think I got 3 special offers worth a total of 75 cents. Perhaps if I lived in Toronto.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
Jul 13, 2013
913 posts
695 upvotes
Going to echo other commenters here and say this wasn’t worth the effort. I don’t like the intrusiveness or having to link your bank account either on top of feeling conned for not getting the $10 until you have enough to cash out, which is $15.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14739 posts
27761 upvotes
Scarborough
Simby wrote: Why do I need to link my bank account to this app? I thought we pay by credit card?
Yeah, how do you link a credit card? Does it need to be a card attached to your bank accounts log in?
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Dec 8, 2006
958 posts
571 upvotes
martydxb wrote: Thanks for sharing OP. (Upvoted for the effort)

Just a bit of a PSA/Warning about my perspective. There are some offers on the site, so it could work for some people who buy things from those specific stores and earn cashback. However if you dont, you wont be able to reach the $15 required to cash out.
I say this because I still am at $10 which was my sign up bonus from last year and have not earned another penny.

Also some of the offers are contest entries, not cash back.

Again this could work for you, but its worth a bit of research to see if it will pay off for your situation.

Yeah, I think this is an attempt by RBC management to show "look, we've amassed a bunch of users!" given that there will likely be no payouts for the next little while with social distancing in full effect.
Zoomer Wireless user 😄
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
2143 posts
1648 upvotes
GTA
LDN2012 wrote: Yeah, I think this is an attempt by RBC management to show "look, we've amassed a bunch of users!" given that there will likely be no payouts for the next little while with social distancing in full effect.
Yes, there have been several sign up events from multiple providers.
I actually signed up on launch last year with the RFD Sign up bonus :) (was $10 as well)
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10261 posts
2818 upvotes
this is very easy to complete. the app has a spend 5$ get 5$ back at chapters/rexall/doordash/BPs/hello fresh

go to rexall, buy some eggs or milk, get 5$ back, cash out the 15 bucks, done.
Aug 4, 2005
303 posts
108 upvotes
I hate this app. I got the promo but stopped getting cash back on my RBC purchases. Multiple inquiries to their support staff and still no resolution!
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2167 posts
1600 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote: this is very easy to complete. the app has a spend 5$ get 5$ back at chapters/rexall/doordash/BPs/hello fresh

go to rexall, buy some eggs or milk, get 5$ back, cash out the 15 bucks, done.
Is that available to everyone? If so, I’m doing it with my RBC card, it’s free $15!
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2504 posts
1356 upvotes
Mississauga
from the email it seems like it open to everyone. No code or activation needed
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!