Credit Cards

[Ampli App] CC Cash Back: Dec/21= Detour, McDonalds, Sporting Life (Exp today Dec 4th) - ADD 24 Hr Promo Code Wednesday!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2021 2:07 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1226 posts
2334 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
mzmoney wrote: @CalgaryBen and other Ampli users: anyone NOT receive an Ampli Newsletter email yesterday, Wed, Aug 18th?

Have a weekly calendar reminder ... and checked spam folder for yesterday, and nothing!

Hopefully, this is not the end, for 24 hour Wednesday Promo Codes.
I received it... subject is "$2 cash back at Doordash, Rexall or more..."

Promo code is YAY18... sort of a mixed-bag of merchants: one-time cash back offer of $2 when you spend $20 or more at Petro-Canada, Rexall, DoorDash, or HelloFresh, with expiry of Sept 1, 2021. I've unlocked it, but can't see me using it!

Follow-up on a previous experience... I was able to stack the regular RONA/Lowe's promo ($5 on $100 spent, multiple-use/ongoing until Oct 1) with the promo mentioned in Post #19 (one-time $5 CB on $50 spend). Had to buy around $67 of goods, and to get total to >$100, I was able to grab a gift card and have the cashier load it with $35. Got the $10 CB from Ampli (plus 2% CB from Tangerine MC, since Home Improvement is one of my categories). This Lowe's allowed purchase of the GC with CC (unlike the previous one I went to -- see Post #11 -- where the rep said GCs could only be purchased via debit or cash), so not sure if it was a location-dependent thing, or the cashier at the last one flexing her muscle! For anyone in the Calgary region: CrossIron Lowe's didn't allow GC purchase with CC, while Crowfoot Lowe's had no problem with it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
4399 posts
4568 upvotes
GTA
CalgaryBen wrote: I received it... subject is "$2 cash back at Doordash, Rexall or more..."

Promo code is YAY18... sort of a mixed-bag of merchants: one-time cash back offer of $2 when you spend $20 or more at Petro-Canada, Rexall, DoorDash, or HelloFresh, with expiry of Sept 1, 2021. I've unlocked it, but can't see me using it!

Follow-up on a previous experience... I was able to stack the regular RONA/Lowe's promo ($5 on $100 spent, multiple-use/ongoing until Oct 1) with the promo mentioned in Post #19 (one-time $5 CB on $50 spend). Had to buy around $67 of goods, and to get total to >$100, I was able to grab a gift card and have the cashier load it with $35. Got the $10 CB from Ampli (plus 2% CB from Tangerine MC, since Home Improvement is one of my categories). This Lowe's allowed purchase of the GC with CC (unlike the previous one I went to -- see Post #11 -- where the rep said GCs could only be purchased via debit or cash), so not sure if it was a location-dependent thing, or the cashier at the last one flexing her muscle! For anyone in the Calgary region: CrossIron Lowe's didn't allow GC purchase with CC, while Crowfoot Lowe's had no problem with it.
Thanks Ben! Glad you were able to stack your Lowe's offers ... and to buy a Lowe's GC.

Strange ... both spouse and I didn't receive the weekly newsletter offer, even though we received an unrelated Ampli email, day before, on the 17th.

Also noticed that spouse's Detour Coffee Offer was a higher %age Reward than mine PLUS we have different Lowe's/Rona spend requirements AND Ampli rewards.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1226 posts
2334 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
mzmoney wrote: Strange ... both spouse and I didn't receive the weekly newsletter offer, even though we received an unrelated Ampli email, day before, on the 17th.

Also noticed that spouse's Detour Coffee Offer was a higher %age Reward than mine PLUS we have different Lowe's/Rona spend requirements AND Ampli rewards.
Hmm, nothing for me on the 17th! But given that it seems not everyone is getting the newsletters, I'll try to post the better ones when I get them. Some (like yesterday's) are a bit lame, but I guess still useful to those who already use those merchants.

Are the offer numbers between you and spouse different? I'm guessing they target slight variations in offers to see which has better uptake (we're all guineapigs in the Ampli world). For example, my Detour offer is #2585 (18% CB). Lowe's is #2625 ($5 on $100) and Rona is #2627 ($5 on $100). I had already used up the 10% up to $15 one for Lowe's/Rona, so I can no longer see that one...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
4399 posts
4568 upvotes
GTA
CalgaryBen wrote: Hmm, nothing for me on the 17th! But given that it seems not everyone is getting the newsletters, I'll try to post the better ones when I get them. Some (like yesterday's) are a bit lame, but I guess still useful to those who already use those merchants.

Are the offer numbers between you and spouse different? I'm guessing they target slight variations in offers to see which has better uptake (we're all guineapigs in the Ampli world). For example, my Detour offer is #2585 (18% CB). Lowe's is #2625 ($5 on $100) and Rona is #2627 ($5 on $100). I had already used up the 10% up to $15 one for Lowe's/Rona, so I can no longer see that one...

Yep, you're right, my Detour Offer ID = #2586 for 8% and spouse's same as yours #2585 for 18% ... may be since I purchased with a previous Detour offer, so 2nd offer is reduced!

Mine:

Lowe's Spend & Earn 10% CB (max $15) = #2624
Rona Spend & Earn 10% CB (max $15) = #2626

and spouse's

Lowe's Spend $100 & Earn $5 CB = #2625
Rona Spend $100 & Earn $5 CB = #2627

Thanks again for sharing newsletter promo codes Ben!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
4399 posts
4568 upvotes
GTA
@CalgaryBen and others with Ampli Detour Coffee 18% Offer:

- stack it with Detour Coffee's 20% Sale (all coffee) on until end of August

@RandomSanity's thread on this sale:

detourcoffee.com

Use code: ENDLESS

detour-coffee-20-off-all-coffee-2484473/#p34883892

and my post about the Detour Essential Tasting Pak:

detour-coffee-20-off-all-coffee-2484473/#p34884027

Detour Essentials Tasting Pack = $49

https://detourcoffee.com/collections/ta ... arter-pack

$49 - 20% = $39.20/3 = $13.07 each

Edit: with most recent order, 3 bags did not come in a Detour branded box (within the delivery box)

Enjoy!
Images
  • IMG_20210821_122553888.jpg
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1226 posts
2334 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
CalgaryBen wrote: I tend not to shop somewhere just because of a cashback promo, unless I would already be likely to be a customer anyway
Today I broke that rule (letting Ampli influence my shopping habits!). I was at the mall with my kids, shopping for back-to-school shoes. I then decided to check the Ampli app, and noticed you get 7 entries for the August dreamstakes plus 15% CB for shopping at The Shoe Company. So, while my kids liked shoes they saw at DSW (10% CB in Ampli and no dreamstakes entries), I insisted they should check out The Shoe Company (actually it's the same parent company as DSW, and pretty much same selection/prices).
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1226 posts
2334 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
In case anyone is interested -- there's a one-time Spend $30+ get $3 CB offer in Ampli, good until September 8, when you use a connected-CC and spend $30+ at Sephora, Chatters, Callia Flowers, Well.ca, Clinique, Smashbox Cosmetics, Laura Mercier, Greenhouse Juice Co., Crambe Skincare, Easy, Attitude Living, or Rexall. However, you need to enter code CARE25 into the Ampli promo section (Profile -> Promotions -> Add code) before 11:59 PM UTC (7:59 PM EDT, 4:59 PM PDT) Thursday (August 26) to lock-in/enable the offer. Should I even post these? Yawn...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
4399 posts
4568 upvotes
GTA
CalgaryBen wrote: Today I broke that rule (letting Ampli influence my shopping habits!). I was at the mall with my kids, shopping for back-to-school shoes. I then decided to check the Ampli app, and noticed you get 7 entries for the August dreamstakes plus 15% CB for shopping at The Shoe Company. So, while my kids liked shoes they saw at DSW (10% CB in Ampli and no dreamstakes entries), I insisted they should check out The Shoe Company (actually it's the same parent company as DSW, and pretty much same selection/prices).
Lol, I'm going to Basil Box this week or next maybe, for the 8% CB.

Interesting, did not know that about DSW and Shoe Company. Guess that's why we have offers for both! 15% CB is huge for shoes.

15% for Tommy Hilfiger too (expires tomorrow Aug 31st) for back to school (back to work?) clothes
CalgaryBen wrote: In case anyone is interested -- there's a one-time Spend $30+ get $3 CB offer in Ampli, good until September 8, when you use a connected-CC and spend $30+ at Sephora, Chatters, Callia Flowers, Well.ca, Clinique, Smashbox Cosmetics, Laura Mercier, Greenhouse Juice Co., Crambe Skincare, Easy, Attitude Living, or Rexall. However, you need to enter code CARE25 into the Ampli promo section (Profile -> Promotions -> Add code) before 11:59 PM UTC (7:59 PM EDT, 4:59 PM PDT) Thursday (August 26) to lock-in/enable the offer. Should I even post these? Yawn...
Yes, thank you for posting Ben! For some reason, my Notifications were not turned ON for new comments (just remembered how to Edit Subscriptions) so-o that's why you see a delay in me liking your posts :)
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1226 posts
2334 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
This week's newsletter offers a one-time Spend $20+ get $2 CB offer, good until September 15, when you use a connected-CC and spend $20+ at Petro-Canada, Rexall, DoorDash, Lowe's, RONA, Baskin Robbins, or Mary Brown's Chicken. However, you need to enter code WEEKEND1 into the Ampli promo section (Profile -> Promotions -> Add code) before 11:59 PM UTC (7:59 PM EDT, 4:59 PM PDT) Thursday (September 2) to lock-in/enable the offer. These stack with any standing Ampli offers at the merchant, so double-check to maximize your cash back!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
4399 posts
4568 upvotes
GTA
CalgaryBen wrote: I received it... subject is "$2 cash back at Doordash, Rexall or more..."

CalgaryBen wrote: This week's newsletter offers a one-time Spend $20+ get $2 CB offer, good until September 15, when you use a connected-CC and spend $20+ at Petro-Canada, Rexall, DoorDash, Lowe's, RONA, Baskin Robbins, or Mary Brown's Chicken. However, you need to enter code WEEKEND1 into the Ampli promo section (Profile -> Promotions -> Add code) before 11:59 PM UTC (7:59 PM EDT, 4:59 PM PDT) Thursday (September 2) to lock-in/enable the offer. These stack with any standing Ampli offers at the merchant, so double-check to maximize your cash back!
Thanks Ben!

And, you can double-dip if you haven't used the promo offer loaded 2 weeks ago that expires tonight ... at Petro Canada!

Spend $20 get $2 off x 2 offers
Oct 12, 2020
309 posts
397 upvotes
Ontario
@CalgaryBen Way to go man! Thanks for your posts.

I just downloaded Ampli like 2 months ago and have barely checked it, but I've accumulated so much. I'm liking the fact that with an RBC card, it doesn't disconnect every 2 days.. lol. That's why I'm checking more often than before. I know you said "should I even post these" but they're super helpful because I don't get the emails!
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1226 posts
2334 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
Wydrazor wrote: @CalgaryBen Way to go man! Thanks for your posts.

I just downloaded Ampli like 2 months ago and have barely checked it, but I've accumulated so much. I'm liking the fact that with an RBC card, it doesn't disconnect every 2 days.. lol. That's why I'm checking more often than before. I know you said "should I even post these" but they're super helpful because I don't get the emails!
I can definitely keep posting for everyone's convenience. Unlike most companies, Ampli doesn't send promo e-mails by default with a way to opt-out; instead, you have to opt-into e-mails! Ampli App --> Profile --> Communication settings --> Email notification: Enabled.

The only card I have linked that remains connected is my Tangerine MC. With BMO, Rogers, and Simplii, I keep having to re-connect them regularly. Not a huge deal, but annoying since my passwords aren't easily typed or remembered, and I currently don't use a password management tool on my iPhone (the built-in one doesn't seem to work in this case). Plus there's the 2FA that kicks in...
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1226 posts
2334 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
This week's newsletter promo is pretty specific -- for well.ca. It's a one-time Spend $30+ get $2 CB offer, good until September 21, when you use a connected-CC and spend $30+ at well.ca. However, you need to enter code WELL8 into the Ampli promo section (Profile -> Promotions -> Add code) before 11:59 PM UTC (7:59 PM EDT, 4:59 PM PDT) Thursday (September 9) to lock-in/enable the offer. This stacks with the regular Ampli offer (YMMV, but I have a $10 CB (+1% with RBC card) on $75+ spend promo), so with both, you effectively could get $12+ CB on $75+ spend. Also, shipping is free with your $35+ order. Don't forget to also use Rakuten.ca before going to order from well.ca for an additional 2% CB.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
4399 posts
4568 upvotes
GTA
@CalgaryBen and all

Check your Ampli App as new McDonald's Offer! Read the T&C as offer will specify ordering via McD's app and/or in-store.

Mine:

McDonald's
Spend $10 & Earn $3 Cash Back

- need to order directly via McDonald's app with an Ampli connected card
- offer valid until Oct 6/21

Spouse:

McDonald's
Spend $10 & Earn 20% Cash Back

- spend a minimum of $10; earn a max of $5 cb
- can order in-store (Drive-Thru, Front Counter or Kiosk) or through the McDonald's app with an Ampli connected card
- offer valid until Oct 6/21

Bonus Opportunity for Amex Card linked with Ampli and Amex Offer: if you have McD in-store offer, can stack with Amex Offer (Tap to Pay) Spend $5 earn $2
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
3435 posts
887 upvotes
i see it. $10 with $3 back. Not bad. I might use it this weekend.

hold on, there's a specific condition you need to order via the mcdonald's app... so order in app and and scan in store?
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
4399 posts
4568 upvotes
GTA
CrazyJo82 wrote: i see it. $10 with $3 back. Not bad. I might use it this weekend.

hold on, there's a specific condition you need to order via the mcdonald's app... so order in app and and scan in store?
Yep, mine's like yours, spouse's has the option of in-store or via McD app.

You need to order via app and add a CC that's linked with Ampli; pay ahead + pick up order.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1793 posts
2133 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I don't have any Mcds offers. :( Wah.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1226 posts
2334 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
aweawea wrote: I don't have any Mcds offers. :( Wah.
None for me either. It'd definitely be interesting to know how/if offers are targeted!
Oct 12, 2020
309 posts
397 upvotes
Ontario
Hey @mzmoney, thanks for your posts! I'm definitely getting fond of this app, it gave me cash for a purchase I wasn't even expecting (The Bay). Because it often stacks with RBC Offers (which often features the same merchants offering different deals), I'm able to extract more value from the card. Thank you for making this thread!

For McD's, I got what your spouse got, which is the 20% CB up to maximum of $5. It means only a maximum of $25 purchase is needed to hit max CB which is not bad at all. Easily a lunch with someone else and maybe a dessert.
Jun 22, 2011
248 posts
136 upvotes
How the hell do you use amplii without it constantly unlinking your cards?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)