Credit Cards

Ampli is now part of Avion Rewards - cash out balance below $15 asap, by Dec 11/23

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2024 2:08 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
Ok just noticed the tiny Grocery Ampli Offer came back ... Nov 16th to 30th only for 2 purchases (vs 4) 1% for .25 max each = 50 cents!

Wow, is this another one that Ampli Offers get worse the more you use.

@Wydrazor, did this grocery offer reappear latter part of the month, in October month too?

See screenshot below of our current Grocery Offers ... same on both of our accounts.

Ps @CalgaryBen am guessing you are doing Stack grocery offer$1 off $10 instead :)
Images
  • Screenshot_20211122_083628.jpg
  • Screenshot_20211122_083832.jpg
Last edited by mzmoney on Nov 22nd, 2021 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
2380 posts
4561 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
mzmoney wrote: Ok just noticed the tiny Grocery Ampli Offer came back ... Nov 16th to 30th only for 2 purchases (vs 4) 1% for .25 max each = 50 cents!

Ps @CalgaryBen am guessing you are doing Stack grocery offer$1 off $10 instead:)
Thanks for sharing the grocery offer @mzmoney ... I scanned through mine, and it doesn't look like I got it! Astonished Face Haven't had any grocery offers since September. Wonder why they target such a measly offer...

I find the Stack grocery offers more trouble than it's worth in most cases, since my grocery trips are rarely at only $10-15, and it's a pain to split payment across cards (esp. since I like to do self-checkout). The only time I might pull out Stack is if I don't need much (e.g. milk and eggs) and can find a few filler items (e.g. bananas) to get just over $10. I guess a keener would just go buy a $10 GC (if you can find them that low -- President's Choice is $15 and up IIRC) from their favourite grocery using Stack, rinse and repeat, and then solve the challenge with multiple credit cards.
mzmoney wrote: Was hoping for a Detour Coffee deal! Guess, I will have to wait until Black Friday Discount.
Not sure if Ampli will have anything, but if you haven't already seen the thread: detour-coffee-detour-coffee-10-50-bag-c ... g-2504911/

Detour must be more of a "thing" in the GTA... I don't think it's out west. Here, a good coffee is Kicking Horse, but I'm pretty happy with President's Choice "Great Canadian".
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
CalgaryBen wrote:

Not sure if Ampli will have anything, but if you haven't already seen the thread: detour-coffee-detour-coffee-10-50-bag-c ... g-2504911/

Detour must be more of a "thing" in the GTA... I don't think it's out west. Here, a good coffee is Kicking Horse, but I'm pretty happy with President's Choice "Great Canadian".
Thanks Ben! I didn't see the thread, so appreciate you posting. Stacking with Ampli 5% currently, yes, a great Detour Coffee BF deal.

@Wydrazor, are you going to try Detour Coffee now?!
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
2380 posts
4561 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
This week's "Best of Ampli" newsletter provides a one-time Spend $10+ get $1 CB offer, good until December 10, when you use a connected-CC and spend $10+ at McDonald's in app, or at the restaurant. However, you need to enter code MCDS24 or MCDS24S into the Ampli promo section (Profile -> Promotions -> Add code) before 11:59 PM UTC (7:59 PM EDT, 4:59 PM PDT) Thursday (November 25) to lock-in/enable the offer. This stacks with the existing McD's dine more, earn more offer that's already in your Ampli app.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
Promohunter23 wrote: They do have a good deal with Ethical Bean Coffee - better than detour coffee.

www.ethicalbean.com
We have tried Ethical Bean, purchased from Costco. We should order directly, to give their fresh coffee beans a try.

Have you ordered from Ethical Bean to take advantage of Ampli CB ... and enjoyed their coffee? Thanks!
Dec 26, 2019
859 posts
1522 upvotes
How long does it normally take to receive the etransfer after you cash out?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
reversi wrote: How long does it normally take to receive the etransfer after you cash out?
I just checked my Transaction History:

- lately, it's been approx 4 to 5 days

Enjoy your cash back from Ampli!
Dec 26, 2019
859 posts
1522 upvotes
mzmoney wrote: I just checked my Transaction History:

- lately, it's been approx 4 to 5 days

Enjoy your cash back from Ampli!
Great thanks for checking. I assumed that it would be instantaneous similar to other e-transfers.
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11669 posts
14021 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
reversi wrote: Great thanks for checking. I assumed that it would be instantaneous similar to other e-transfers.
Other e-transfers are instant because they're being processed right away by the sender.
These Ampli transfers have to be processed by an Ampli employee, and that's what takes X amount of days.
I'm sure the transfer itself is instant once it's sent by Ampli.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
6494 posts
2490 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone else having trouble linking Canadian Tire Mastercard with Amplii.

Both spouse and I have been trying to link for the last few weeks but keep getting "Erro. We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again."

Very frustrating!

We have no trouble logging into our CTFS accts online.
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay, AF $0
MBNA RWE 5.4% grocery/resto
Bank: EQ (1.5%)
Oct 12, 2020
614 posts
1031 upvotes
Ontario
Hello friends! I'm so sorry for my late response. Been busy with life, and I've barely even had time to catch up on all the exciting things in the CC world, let alone Ampli. I know it's been a few days so some of the things might not be relevant anymore, but I still wanted to give a reply :)
mzmoney wrote: @CalgaryBen thanks for posting Day 1 to Day 7 Ampli Offers!

Was hoping for a Detour Coffee deal! Guess, I will have to wait until Black Friday Discount.

@Wydrazor, are you going to stack McDonald's Ampli Offer (expires Dec 10th) with '$25 GC + free Big Mac' starting Nov 24th?

We still have to go and get our purchases #1 to #4!
I also want to thank @CalgaryBen for posting the 7 Days of Offers from Ampli. That was super helpful! Not the best list of merchants, imho, but I think they did that to entice spending at merchants that don't see a lot of action from Ampli users.

And thank you @mzmoney for letting me know of the '$25 GC + free Big Mac' offer. As I've said before, I deleted the app when they had the security issue where hackers started ordering food off of the saved payment method so I haven't been aware of it. Is it still available by any chance? I'm looking to test "4 transactions at once" theory for the McDonald's Ampli offer to see whether I will be awarded 5% and 10% CB tier at once, and in what order Ampli will distinguish them in if all of those transactions post on the same day. Once that happens, I will for sure do the $25 GC x 2 to take advantage of the 20% CB.
mzmoney wrote: Ok just noticed the tiny Grocery Ampli Offer came back ... Nov 16th to 30th only for 2 purchases (vs 4) 1% for .25 max each = 50 cents!

Wow, is this another one that Ampli Offers get worse the more you use.

@Wydrazor, did this grocery offer reappear latter part of the month, in October month too?

See screenshot below of our current Grocery Offers ... same on both of our accounts.

Ps @CalgaryBen am guessing you are doing Stack grocery offer$1 off $10 instead :)
Yeah, it was weird to see the Ampli Groceries Offer be "downgraded" for this month. I wonder if that's because they weren't available for the first half of the month (or at least for me, the banner wasn't showing). I don't have ALL my CC's connected to Ampli and I've moved my grocery spend to a card I don't have connected, so I don't know whether it would've given $0.25 for the first half of November.
CalgaryBen wrote:
Thanks for sharing the grocery offer @mzmoney ... I scanned through mine, and it doesn't look like I got it! Astonished Face Haven't had any grocery offers since September. Wonder why they target such a measly offer...

I find the Stack grocery offers more trouble than it's worth in most cases, since my grocery trips are rarely at only $10-15, and it's a pain to split payment across cards (esp. since I like to do self-checkout). The only time I might pull out Stack is if I don't need much (e.g. milk and eggs) and can find a few filler items (e.g. bananas) to get just over $10. I guess a keener would just go buy a $10 GC (if you can find them that low -- President's Choice is $15 and up IIRC) from their favourite grocery using Stack, rinse and repeat, and then solve the challenge with multiple credit cards.

That's an interesting DP actually: the fact that they target "Ampli _____" offers whether it's Groceries, Basics, and whatnot. I thought it was standard and universal.

For the "Stack" thing, I'm assuming you guys are referring to the prepaid card? Do they normally send out offers like that that is reminiscent of those from Amex or RBC? I don't have the card, and I've only known it as an "nice for foreign currency exchange" type of card.

mzmoney wrote:
Thanks Ben! I didn't see the thread, so appreciate you posting. Stacking with Ampli 5% currently, yes, a great Detour Coffee BF deal.

@Wydrazor, are you going to try Detour Coffee now?!
Actually, speaking of Detour Coffee, I checked out their website the last time we spoke about it. But they sell the type of coffee that is beyond a total coffee-noob like me. What I mean is, I've always been around cheap instant coffee or the coffee that is super cheap at fast-food places, so I've never had the opportunity to make/grind/appreciate good, naturally-sourced, unique coffee beans and flavours that come with it. I know Black Friday promo is behind us, and while they had some spectacular prices, I wouldn't mind taking advantage of the Ampli offer now just as a starter. @mzmoney and @CalgaryBen, can you teach me about what one needs (in terms of equipment and process) in order to get a nice coffee going from whole beans or medium grinds?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
Wydrazor wrote: Hello friends! I'm so sorry for my late response. Been busy with life, and I've barely even had time to catch up on all the exciting things in the CC world, let alone Ampli. I know it's been a few days so some of the things might not be relevant anymore, but I still wanted to give a reply :)

I also want to thank @CalgaryBen for posting the 7 Days of Offers from Ampli. That was super helpful! Not the best list of merchants, imho, but I think they did that to entice spending at merchants that don't see a lot of action from Ampli users.

And thank you @mzmoney for letting me know of the '$25 GC + free Big Mac' offer. As I've said before, I deleted the app when they had the security issue where hackers started ordering food off of the saved payment method so I haven't been aware of it. Is it still available by any chance? I'm looking to test "4 transactions at once" theory for the McDonald's Ampli offer to see whether I will be awarded 5% and 10% CB tier at once, and in what order Ampli will distinguish them in if all of those transactions post on the same day. Once that happens, I will for sure do the $25 GC x 2 to take advantage of the 20% CB.

Yeah, it was weird to see the Ampli Groceries Offer be "downgraded" for this month. I wonder if that's because they weren't available for the first half of the month (or at least for me, the banner wasn't showing). I don't have ALL my CC's connected to Ampli and I've moved my grocery spend to a card I don't have connected, so I don't know whether it would've given $0.25 for the first half of November.

That's an interesting DP actually: the fact that they target "Ampli _____" offers whether it's Groceries, Basics, and whatnot. I thought it was standard and universal.

For the "Stack" thing, I'm assuming you guys are referring to the prepaid card? Do they normally send out offers like that that is reminiscent of those from Amex or RBC? I don't have the card, and I've only known it as an "nice for foreign currency exchange" type of card.

Actually, speaking of Detour Coffee, I checked out their website the last time we spoke about it. But they sell the type of coffee that is beyond a total coffee-noob like me. What I mean is, I've always been around cheap instant coffee or the coffee that is super cheap at fast-food places, so I've never had the opportunity to make/grind/appreciate good, naturally-sourced, unique coffee beans and flavours that come with it. I know Black Friday promo is behind us, and while they had some spectacular prices, I wouldn't mind taking advantage of the Ampli offer now just as a starter. @mzmoney and @CalgaryBen, can you teach me about what one needs (in terms of equipment and process) in order to get a nice coffee going from whole beans or medium grinds?
Hey @Wydrazor! Wondered where you disappeared to! Glad you have returned ... altho hopefully you see my response before heading out to McDonald's:

#1 our 2 transactions on 1 day posted 2 days later and still nothing; 2 more transactions the following day and still nada

- so, I was planning on getting the 2 GCs for the free Big Mac ... however, I don't have any high hopes on this working?

#2 Stack = prepaid Mastercard

- we don't bother with their offers, as we don't have much $$ loaded on card, so it's a pain for us to load the card and it's easier to focus on Ampli Offers and CC points

#3 Coffee Beans = Decent Coffee Grinder

- if you want to go down the route of buying coffee beans, you can start off with a coffee grinder; we like Lattes and my spouse is our Barista so we have lots of coffee stuff! lol

- spouse says 'French Press' technique is easiest, however, you need to buy a 'French Press' too ie. Bodum

James Hoffman - The Ultimate French Press Test:

It sounds like you're really busy ... from beans to brewing, it is a hobby, so maybe stick to what's working for you!
Oct 12, 2020
614 posts
1031 upvotes
Ontario
mzmoney wrote: Hey @Wydrazor! Wondered where you disappeared to! Glad you have returned ... altho hopefully you see my response before heading out to McDonald's:

#1 our 2 transactions on 1 day posted 2 days later and still nothing; 2 more transactions the following day and still nada

- so, I was planning on getting the 2 GCs for the free Big Mac ... however, I don't have any high hopes on this working?

#2 Stack = prepaid Mastercard

- we don't bother with their offers, as we don't have much $$ loaded on card, so it's a pain for us to load the card and it's easier to focus on Ampli Offers and CC points

#3 Coffee Beans = Decent Coffee Grinder

- if you want to go down the route of buying coffee beans, you can start off with a coffee grinder; we like Lattes and my spouse is our Barista so we have lots of coffee stuff! lol

- spouse says 'French Press' technique is easiest, however, you need to buy a 'French Press' too ie. Bodum

James Hoffman - The Ultimate French Press Test:

It sounds like you're really busy ... from beans to brewing, it is a hobby, so maybe stick to what's working for you!
Hey @mzmoney, thanks for your response! I'm glad to be back and catching up on all the news that popped up while I was away (e.g. Costco Mastercard Winking Face).

As for the coffee stuff, I appreciate the info. It seems like the type of hobby that takes skill to appreciate, and it will require much research on my end. I shall research hard and look into Latte-making and French Press techniques just as I researched when I was first getting into Credit Cards.. lol. Thanks.

Unfortunately, for the McDonald's thing, I had already gone to make the purchases before I had an opportunity to see your response. That's okay though - I will be adding a bit of a different DP. I made a "regular" meal purchase as my 1st, then special sauces as my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Because I bought them all within a 5 minute period, when all those transactions inevitably post on the same day, I want to see whether Ampli will "mix" it up by counting my meal purchase as my 3rd (for example) for the 10% CB, or keep it as a 5% CB. And then, of course, it would be nice if all 4 posted and it awarded me the 5% and 10%, so that this could be a good DP of skipping your way up to the 20% CB tier (by making 4 small transactions in 1 day).

Sort of a Winning Wednesday thing I guess: Small, but unexpected win? I was looking to stock up on some hair products for myself, and came across Chatters who were having a Black Friday sale at the time. Relatively good prices to begin with (25% off retail), but then I used Honey (extension) which gave me another 20% off coupon. I thought that was already pretty incredible, but Ampli, this morning, gave me another 15% for it. In total, what would've been a $90 at marked up prices became a $39 deal.

How was this past Black Friday + Cyber Monday for you guys? Ben? Any great deals you took advantage of with Ampli even?
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
2380 posts
4561 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
This week's "Best of Ampli" newsletter provides a one-time Spend $10+ get $1 CB offer, good until December 15, when you use a connected-CC and spend $10+ at Michaels, Lowe's, Réno Dépôt, RONA, Linen Chest, Indigo.ca, Eternity Modern, FUJIFilm, and or Well.ca. However, you need to enter code DECOR21 into the Ampli promo section (Profile -> Promotions -> Add code) before 11:59 PM UTC (7:59 PM EDT, 4:59 PM PDT) Thursday (December 2) to lock-in/enable the offer. This stacks with the standing offers that some merchants have in your Ampli app.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
Thanks @CalgaryBen for your 24 hour code posts!!

@Wydrazor, McDonald's transactions posted Nov 25th and 26th (4 total) on CC, finally posted on Ampli Dec 2nd *

* just saw today and thought I checked yesterday

So, maybe 7 days lag for yours too!

Any good stacking/Black Friday/deals you've scored recently?

We haven't been too focused on Ampli Offers or Black Friday ... Amex Offers have been great!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
Hmm, just found this thread late last night:

sporting-life-avion-spend-250-get-50-st ... #p35386452

@Wydrazor, are you interested?

Ampli = Order before December 5 and receive your shipment by December 24

RBC Offer = Valid From December 02, 2021 - December 24, 2021

Short Ampli Offer Period ... if you're going to try and stack, you have to visit Sporting Life or make an online order today, Saturday Dec 4th!
Oct 12, 2020
614 posts
1031 upvotes
Ontario
mzmoney wrote: Thanks @CalgaryBen for your 24 hour code posts!!

@Wydrazor, McDonald's transactions posted Nov 25th and 26th (4 total) on CC, finally posted on Ampli Dec 2nd *

* just saw today and thought I checked yesterday

So, maybe 7 days lag for yours too!

Any good stacking/Black Friday/deals you've scored recently?

We haven't been too focused on Ampli Offers or Black Friday ... Amex Offers have been great!
Well @mzmoney, after I read your comment, I was wondering why that is with the McDonald's Ampli Offer so I went to check it's T&Cs and it does indeed say "Earned cash back will be added to your Ampli account between 7-10 days from the date you make every second Qualifying Purchase (purchases #2, #4, and #6)."

So it certainly seems mine will lag just like yours. Thanks for your DP, however, it proves that multiple one-day purchases work.

My family wasn't able to take advantage of any good stacking opportunities, unfortunately. Just got a few stuff we really needed on sale such as winter parkas, luggage sets, and a few other personal care items but otherwise, nothing great to boast about lol.

mzmoney wrote: Hmm, just found this thread late last night:

sporting-life-avion-spend-250-get-50-st ... #p35386452

@Wydrazor, are you interested?

Ampli = Order before December 5 and receive your shipment by December 24

RBC Offer = Valid From December 02, 2021 - December 24, 2021

Short Ampli Offer Period ... if you're going to try and stack, you have to visit Sporting Life or make an online order today, Saturday Dec 4th!
Thanks for letting me know about this, but we don't have any need for any sporting or winter goods! $100 in credits for $250 purchase is one of the more excellent deals I've seen, and definitely for those in market right now. Seems like it was timed on purpose to drive sales right after Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Funnily enough, my RBC Offer T&Cs say "...pay using any RBC Royal Bank (i) personal credit card, other than an RBC US Dollar Visa card and RBC Avion credit cards..." so I don't know why they exclude Avion CCs for my offer unlike the one that was posted in Hot Deals.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
@Wydrazor, you're more detail oriented than I am! lol

Thanks for McDonald's Ampli T&C info ... I had given up hope after checking daily for 5 days. Good for you in getting all 4 purchases done, same day!

Hmm, I better check out T&C for RBC Offers to confirm CC. We won't be stacking with Ampli as spouse doesn't want to go to Sporting Life today. "On a Saturday, are you serious?" was the response!

We'll go this week AGAIN, as I got lucky with a 2nd Sporting Life $50 Reward In-Store ... one for November and one for December, expiring Dec 14th. So $100 free money from Sporting Life AND $50 on $250 Spend from RBC Offer :)
Oct 12, 2020
614 posts
1031 upvotes
Ontario
mzmoney wrote: @Wydrazor, you're more detail oriented than I am! lol

Thanks for McDonald's Ampli T&C info ... I had given up hope after checking daily for 5 days. Good for you in getting all 4 purchases done, same day!

Hmm, I better check out T&C for RBC Offers to confirm CC. We won't be stacking with Ampli as spouse doesn't want to go to Sporting Life today. "On a Saturday, are you serious?" was the response!

We'll go this week AGAIN, as I got lucky with a 2nd Sporting Life $50 Reward In-Store ... one for November and one for December, expiring Dec 14th. So $100 free money from Sporting Life AND $50 on $250 Spend from RBC Offer :)
Yeah, unfortunately, the thing with Ampli is, it's slow to update as well, so to save myself from disappointment, I check it once a week. It's a better feeling, honestly, when you see the cash back balance jump unexpectedly from your purchases over the week rather than to see one not come in when you've been expecting it to.

Haha your spouse's response made me laugh a bit. They're serious about taking advantage of the weekend to its fullest potential, I see Smiling Face With Sunglasses. I'm sure they'll appreciate all the hard work you put into finding these deals and getting these crazy cash back!!

Enjoy your weekend, and let us know how the Sporting Life deal goes!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)