Credit Cards

Ampli is now part of Avion Rewards - cash out balance below $15 asap, by Dec 11/23

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2024 2:08 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA

Ampli is now part of Avion Rewards - cash out balance below $15 asap, by Dec 11/23

[u][/u]We signed up for Ampli specifically to stack an RBC Offer received in Dec 2020. Cashed out and forgot about Ampli.

Fast Forward to May 2021. Just noticed a few great offers ... and can be used with an Amex linked CC to stack.

[b]Top 3 Reasons to use Ampli:
[/b]

#1 Even though it's powered by RBC, you don't have to be an RBC Customer

- some offers include RBC multiplier discounts with RBC linked Credit Card
- see here for FAQs

https://ampli.ca/faq/about-ampli/

#2 Link Amex (or another Credit Card) to your Ampli account and [i]automatically[/i] get additional cash back via Ampli

- once CC is linked, don't need to go to an affiliate site; just shop and receive Ampli Rewards/cash back
- you can add all Credit Cards tied to the financial institution, or only 1 CC (slide left to 'Remove')

#3 It's safe and completely free; can cash out after $15

https://ampli.ca/faq/your-privacy-security/

https://ampli.ca/faq/earning-cash-back-cashing-out/

Since we love [b]Food Offers[/b], here are a few current ones:

[b]#1 Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants
[/b]
Spend $75 & Earn $5 Cash Back

- $5 cash back earned on a single purchase of at least $75 made [b]in-store[/b] directly from Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants with an Ampli-linked card
- Offer is valid for a limited time while supplies last or until June 30, 2021

[b]#2 Basil Box
[/b]
5% cash back on purchases of any amount made [b]in-store[/b] directly from Basil Box with an Ampli-linked card

ie. cumulative purchases $50 = $2.50; $100 = $5 PLUS Credit Card Food Multiplier (ie 5x for Amex Cobalt)

[b]#3 Baskin Robbins[/b]

Spend $20 & Earn $5 Cash Back *

- $5 cash back earned on a single purchase of at least $20 made [b]in-store[/b] directly from any standalone Baskin Robbins location with an Ampli-linked card
- Offer is valid for a limited time while supplies last or until July 31, 2021

[b]#4 Boston Pizza[/b]

Spend $50 & Earn $5 Cash Back * (One-Time Only)

- $5 cash back earned on a single purchase of $50 made [b]in-store or on-line[/b] directly from Boston Pizza with an Ampli-linked card
- Limit 1 Offer per Ampli Member

[b]#5 Ethical Bean Coffee
[/b]
15% cash back on purchases of at least $40 made [b]online[/b] directly from Ethical Bean Coffee with an Ampli-linked card

- Spend a minimum of $40
- Earn a maximum of $6 cash back per purchase

*bonus, check out [mention2=716 slug=sprung]sprung[/mention2]'s thread ... 31st of the month promo - [url=http://www.baskinrobbins.ca/product/celebrate31/]31% off Pre-Packs[/url]:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/basking ... 2441710/2/

[i]As always, read T&C/fine print via all Ampli Offers, for additional details/exclusions, etc.
[/i]

If you haven't already, download on the App Store or get it on Google Play:

https://ampli.ca/

There are other 'specific' threads for Ampli Offers via Hot Deals*. I'm not affiliated with Ampli and have no vested interest. Starting this thread, as I like [mention2=8152 slug=batcave]batcave[/mention2]'s Amex Offers thread ... and wanted to replicate/copy :)

* ie Hot Deal: [mention2=1397050 slug=eleventeen]Eleventeen[/mention2]'s thread on Mary Brown's - stacking opportunities galore!

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/mary-br ... #p34471891

[b]New RBC Visa Special Offer - April 19th *:
[/b]

35,000 welcome points upon approval with the RBC Avion Visa Infinite Card

- 35k welcome points will appear on your first monthly CC statement
- Annual Fee = $120
- Offer expires July 26,2021

* reading the Terms and it says offer period started on April 19, 2021; perhaps it was posted from April on Ampli, however, I just noticed it

Feel free to use this thread to post new offers of interest/ask questions/share feedback on Ampli!
Images
  • Screenshot_20210515_161133.jpg
  • Screenshot_20210515_161214.jpg
  • Screenshot_20210515_153508.jpg
  • Screenshot_20210516_234245.jpg
  • Screenshot_20210515_161236.jpg
  • Screenshot_20210528_154020.jpg
Last edited by mzmoney on Oct 19th, 2023 1:00 pm, edited 59 times in total.
320 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
2380 posts
4561 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
mzmoney wrote: Care to share your experience/tips/feedback with Ampli?
Overall, I like getting extra cashback from my organic spend; I try not to force any purchases just because of an Ampli promo, unless it's super hot, and I'd be making the purchase anyway. No real tips, other than to subscribe to their weekly e-mail newsletter, since they e-mail promo codes that you can activate/use (you have to opt-in for e-mails as it's not automatic; access via Profile -> Communication Settings -> Email notification = Enabled). Many of the promos are automatically enabled/activated, but there are many where you have to enter a code to benefit from it.

For some reason, Ampli keeps getting "unlinked" from my accounts, and I have to re-enter the password (I suspect the Ampli runs on a pool of servers which look like logins from different locations, to your credit card issuer, so the multi-factor authentication kicks in), so that's just something you'd have to accept and get used to (i.e. random e-mails or SMS with an authentication code). And of course permitting Ampli to basically log into your credit card accounts and scrape the data (you have to be comfortable with surrendering your credentials and allowing them to mine your spending habits). But, being owned by RBC, I figure it's at least backed by a reputable institution. That part hasn't ever been a huge concern to me. I only use my Rogers WE MC, Simplii Visa, and BMO MC with Ampli (I have some other cards, but the purchases on those aren't really the ones that tend to get promos/CB from Ampli), and all get unlinked equally frequently. I don't have an RBC CC, and wonder if that has a better chance of staying linked?

I figure I've used Ampli for under 2 years, and to date I've gotten around $142 cash back (without trying hard), so not bad. As I say, I tend not to shop somewhere just because of a cashback promo, unless I would already be likely to be a customer anyway (e.g. there was a $5 cashback for $50 spent at Boston Pizza, and my kids love eating there, so it makes for an easy choice, especially using my Simplii Visa which already gives 4% CB on restaurants). A fairly hot promo several months ago (and also somewhat targeted -- not sure how I lucked out and got it) was 25% CB for spendings at Public Mobile, which is where my phone plan is, so I topped up all my phones with $100 each. Perhaps Ampli scraped my historical spending habits, saw that I had transactions with Public Mobile, and pushed a promo to me with PM as a sponsor/partner at the time?

Last few months, however, I haven't really been reading Ampli e-mails or checking the app... I just re-link periodically to collect a bit of cash from my regular spendings, without thinking too much about how to maximize cashback.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
Great feedback @CalgaryBen!

Hmm, we receive sporadic Ampli emails ... may be we are not subscribed to Ampli's weekly newsletter.

We don't log in enough to our accounts, however, we have an RBC CC attached to each. Just recently added an Amex to each, so will see if we receive reauthentication emails/texts.

Wow $142 CB via Ampli in 2 years, without trying hard, not bad at all!. We try not to go out of out way to change our buying habits with Amex Offers, however, a Statement Credit/extra points does influence us to try new places. ie. we tried Basil Box with an Amex Offer in the past ... so will make another trip to Basil Box with this 5% Ampli and 5x CC points.

Boston Pizza, the offer is still on ... I was going to post, may be I will add later. 25% CB at Public Mobile ... nice! Check the app, IIR, there is currently a new Public Mobile offer, not quite as good as your targeted offer!

Hope you're enjoying the weekend with your family :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
@kiiaal see above for examples of a few current food offers with Ampli ... Baskin Robbins anyone?

@CalgaryBen says, "I figure I've used Ampli for under 2 years, and to date I've gotten around $142 cash back (without trying hard), so not bad."

So, in addition to PCO Points, Air Miles, CO51, etc, why not try Ampli too?

Cheers!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
If you're looking to apply for a new RBC Avion Visa Infinite, check your Ampli app for Special Offer *:

35,000 welcome points upon approval with the RBC Avion Visa Infinite Card

- 35k welcome points will appear on your first monthly CC statement
- Annual Fee = $120
- Offer expires July 26,2021

* reading the Terms and it says offer period started on April 19, 2021; perhaps it was posted from April on Ampli, however, I just noticed it

See screenshots below
Images
  • Screenshot_20210528_154005.jpg
  • Screenshot_20210528_154020.jpg
  • Screenshot_20210528_154045.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
Happy Canada Day!

Ampli is celebrating their 2nd Birthday. Stacking with Credit Card multipliers, check out your Ampli App for a few of their July Offers (and fine print details):

Boston Pizza
Detour Coffee
Mary Brown's

Indigo.ca
Lowe's
Rona

Happy Shopping!

Ps thanks to @Eleventeen with his Mary Brown's thread and @CalgaryBen for his feedback on Ampli, we are hooked now on their promos and cash back!!
Images
  • Screenshot_20210701_105059.jpg
  • Screenshot_20210701_105116.jpg
  • Screenshot_20210701_105318.jpg
  • Screenshot_20210701_105024.jpg
  • Screenshot_20210701_105007.jpg
  • Screenshot_20210701_105040.jpg
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
2380 posts
4561 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
mzmoney wrote: Ampli is celebrating their 2nd Birthday. Stacking with Credit Card multipliers, check out your Ampli App for a few of their July Offers (and fine print details):

Boston Pizza
Detour Coffee
Mary Brown's

Indigo.ca
Lowe's
Rona
Happy Canada Day! Thanks for posting those... I hadn't checked new offers!

As much as I try to just spend "organically", now I feel compelled to ensure I make use of Lowe's and Rona appropriately to maximize the CB! Face With Tears Of Joy 10% CB up to $15... now to figure out how to best spend $150 at each. At least I have until Oct 1.

BP's offers keep changing. Was $10 CB on $50 spend for quite a while last year, and more recently $5 CB on $50. For June it was just an entry into the Dreamstakes, I think... no $5 CB base offer, at least not for me. The $7 "extra" CB (on top of no base offer, in my case?) means $7 CB for $50. Which I'll take... better than nothing! My kids enjoy BP... we'll see if we go there sometime this month!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
CalgaryBen wrote:

BP's offers keep changing. Was $10 CB on $50 spend for quite a while last year, and more recently $5 CB on $50. For June it was just an entry into the Dreamstakes, I think... no $5 CB base offer, at least not for me. The $7 "extra" CB (on top of no base offer, in my case?) means $7 CB for $50. Which I'll take... better than nothing! My kids enjoy BP... we'll see if we go there sometime this month!
CFORD wrote: it seems like the same BP offer all the time
mzmoney wrote: Extra $7 * cash back Boston Pizza for Ampli's 2nd bday $12 * for the month of July vs $5 with $50 Spend recently.

* YMMV check your Ampli App
CFORD wrote: to clarify I mean the minimum spend requirements for some of those offers are whats generally available to all while some get lower minimum spend offers for same business
@CFORD posting your reply here since I went off topic in Stack thread!

Hmm Ben mentions only getting $7 for $50 Spend at Boston Pizza. You're saying some have a lower min spend than $50 at Boston Pizza for example?

It sounds like it's the base offer that differs for some, I did not know some have lower spend requirements too.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
CalgaryBen wrote: Happy Canada Day! Thanks for posting those... I hadn't checked new offers!

As much as I try to just spend "organically", now I feel compelled to ensure I make use of Lowe's and Rona appropriately to maximize the CB! Face With Tears Of Joy 10% CB up to $15... now to figure out how to best spend $150 at each. At least I have until Oct 1.

Just get GCs from Lowe's and RONA? It's not like they have access to L3 data.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
2380 posts
4561 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
Jon Lai wrote: Just get GCs from Lowe's and RONA? It's not like they have access to L3 data.
I was prepared to buy a Lowe's GC, but they said they only accept cash or debit for GCs. Oh well, I guess it means I've saved some extra funds from being spent. I did have ~$60 worth of items I needed to buy, and was going to get a $100 GC. I even had to make a point of brining my physical card with me, too, since they still don't accept "tap"... it's now the only merchant (that I'm aware of) which doesn't support tap.

Hope RONA doesn't have the same policy with GCs.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
CalgaryBen wrote: I was prepared to buy a Lowe's GC, but they said they only accept cash or debit for GCs. Oh well, I guess it means I've saved some extra funds from being spent. I did have ~$60 worth of items I needed to buy, and was going to get a $100 GC. I even had to make a point of brining my physical card with me, too, since they still don't accept "tap"... it's now the only merchant (that I'm aware of) which doesn't support tap.

Hope RONA doesn't have the same policy with GCs.
Whoa ... cash or debit for GCs, that's crazy. I bought a GC from Rona in 2020 ... and paid with CC. Will try at our Lowe's in the next week or so and will report back!

Also, just noticed today the 'different' Ampli Offers:

Spouse Ampli Offer =

Get $5 cash back when you spend $100+ at Lowe's and RONA

Vs mine:

Get 10% cash back up to $15 when you shop at Lowe's and RONA

We have earned approx same amount with similar Ampli Offers redeemed, so no idea how they determine the variation in offers. .

Hope you're having a great week Ben!

Ps did you unlock the latest newsletter 24 hour promo code, spend $10, get $1 off on fast food?
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
2380 posts
4561 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
mzmoney wrote: Whoa ... cash or debit for GCs, that's crazy. I bought a GC from Rona in 2020 ... and paid with CC. Will try at our Lowe's in the next week or so and will report back!

Also, just noticed today the 'different' Ampli Offers:

Spouse Ampli Offer =

Get $5 cash back when you spend $100+ at Lowe's and RONA

Vs mine:

Get 10% cash back up to $15 when you shop at Lowe's and RONA

We have earned approx same amount with similar Ampli Offers redeemed, so no idea how they determine the variation in offers. .

Hope you're having a great week Ben!

Ps did you unlock the latest newsletter 24 hour promo code, spend $10, get $1 off on fast food?
Thanks! Been meaning to try Rona (for me it's the 10% up to $15), but just haven't gotten around to it yet... and as luck would have it, it pays to procrastinate -- today there's a HOME14 code to unlock another $5 on $50 spend (not sure if it's targeted). I believe these all stack, too, so the aim will be a $150 RONA to get $15 + $5 CB from Ampli (not to mention 2% = $3 CB from Tangerine, in my case, since I have Home Improvement as one of my categories).

Ampli's unlock periods end at 11:59 PM UTC, which is a bit unusual (easier for them to code, I'm sure), so I missed the fast food one, which is probably not a big deal!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
CalgaryBen wrote: Thanks! Been meaning to try Rona (for me it's the 10% up to $15), but just haven't gotten around to it yet... and as luck would have it, it pays to procrastinate -- today there's a HOME14 code to unlock another $5 on $50 spend (not sure if it's targeted). I believe these all stack, too, so the aim will be a $150 RONA to get $15 + $5 CB from Ampli (not to mention 2% = $3 CB from Tangerine, in my case, since I have Home Improvement as one of my categories).

Ampli's unlock periods end at 11:59 PM UTC, which is a bit unusual (easier for them to code, I'm sure), so I missed the fast food one, which is probably not a big deal!
Yes, can definitely stack both!! I'm glad we didn't make it to Lowes yet ... and just remembered I said would report back if successful purchasing a GC with a CC. lol

Since these 24 hour unlock means we have until an unusual time the next day to add the promo code, I have added a calendar reminder weekly on Wednesday at 5 pm to check my email for their Newsletter Promo Code Offer AND add as soon as we receive!

These $5 off ones are definitely more enticing than the $1 off. Now, another app to check for CB ... however, Ampli for us is definitely more appealing vs Stack or CO51 :)

p.s. if I see any good ones moving forward, I can either DM you Ben ... or post here, if you receive notifications for this thread?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1876 posts
2285 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Post here please for us subbies! ❤️
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
2380 posts
4561 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
mzmoney wrote: I have added a calendar reminder weekly on Wednesday at 5 pm to check my email for their Newsletter Promo Code Offer AND add as soon as we receive!
Good idea! I didn't realize it was on Wednesdays... I just knew they were weekly, so depending on mood, sometimes I'd click/read, and other times I'd ignore! Face With Tears Of Joy
mzmoney wrote: p.s. if I see any good ones moving forward, I can either DM you Ben ... or post here, if you receive notifications for this thread?
aweawea wrote: Post here please for us subbies! ❤️
Yeah, I think sharing here is a good idea... gives a nice running history of the offers, and keeps the thread updated with new info. Also if whomever is posting can add details on the merchants, that can be helpful for others and in searches. For example the "fast food" promo didn't mention which restaurants were included, which I think is an important detail. At least this week's home improvement one does mention using the HOME14 code for Lowe's, RONA, 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, Alluster Storage, Yardley, WOW 1 DAY Painting, and Shack Shine, right in the e-mail/newsletter, even if you don't activate the code. Details: HOME14 code must be entered into app before July 15, 2021 23:59 UTC, which unlocks $5 CB on $50+ purchase, one-time offer, for purchases posted from July 15-27.

Edit: Fixed typo and added details to HOME14 offer.
Last edited by CalgaryBen on Jul 15th, 2021 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
aweawea wrote: Post here please for us subbies! ❤️
kk sounds good! Thought it was just @CalgaryBen and I here, in this thread. lol

Oh, I see @JonLai has a post and now yours!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
Open Ampli app today by 6 pm EST (to be safe)

Add Promo Code as @CalgaryBen outlines below for current offer

Details: HOME14 code must be entered into app before July 15, 2021 23:59 UTC, which unlocks $5 CB on $50+ purchase, one-time offer, for purchases posted from July 15-27

=========

See screenshot below for this week's deal.

Tips:

#1 sign up for Ampli Newsletter

#2 check email on Wednesdays every week, time varies (afternoon or evening); click on link in email or add promo code to Ampli App

- you need to activate/add 24 hour code as soon as you receive (as it expires less than 24 hours later)

#3 you don't need to use/redeem this specific Ampli Offer in 24 hours ... Just need to add the code to unlock the deal with the applicable expiry dates

- offer can expire in 5 days or 12 days for example ... varies depending on the offer

#4 Often, you can stack these Newsletter Offers with other Ampli Offers

Ps it took me awhile to figure out that promo code is NOT automatically added to my Ampli App (and that it doesn't need to be redeemed in 24 hours), even after @CalgaryBen posted about it, so hopefully the above tips will help other newbies.

Cheers!
Images
  • Screenshot_20210715_072928.jpg
  • Screenshot_20210715_073003.jpg
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
2380 posts
4561 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
In case anyone missed it and is interested -- there's a one-time Spend $50+ at RONA/Lowe's, get $5 CB offer in Ampli, good until August 17. However, you need to enter code LOWES4 into the Ampli promo section (Profile -> Promotions -> Add code) before 11:59 PM UTC (7:59 PM EDT, 4:59 PM PDT) TODAY (August 5) to lock-in/enable the offer. This should stack with the existing/standing multi-use $5 CB on $100+ spending offer that does not require activation that most Ampli users should already have.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
@CalgaryBen and other Ampli users: anyone NOT receive an Ampli Newsletter email yesterday, Wed, Aug 18th?

Have a weekly calendar reminder ... and checked spam folder for yesterday, and nothing!

Hopefully, this is not the end, for 24 hour Wednesday Promo Codes.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)