Jul 18, 2012
2838 posts
864 upvotes

Arespark Portable Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker -$34.99 w/ FS

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
30% off
Just came across a decent deal for another waterproof bluetooth speaker for the summer. Reviews look really good and order is fulfilled by Amazon.

Arespark Portable Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker for Shower Outdoor Sports, Splashproof Shockproof with 12 Hours Playtime, 7w Powerful High-Def Sound
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00WE48SN6/

Discount code "6BHUR57W" brings the price down to $34.99 with free shipping.

Cheers!
13 replies
Feb 29, 2016
228 posts
78 upvotes
Lots of reviews for this speaker were submitted by people who were given one BUT I bought it and can say for that price, it is a great little unit. I use it on my side by side. Decent volume, very little distortion, waterproof and I like that you can play music off a micro SD. I think I paid $45.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1721 posts
567 upvotes
Near Toronto
I got the Philips ShoqBox SB7200 and I love it. Wonder how this one compares to it.

Edit: Screw it... I bought it... Thanks
Mar 24, 2012
31 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver
Looks nice. It has two speakers so is it safe to assume that it plays in stereo i.e. 2 channel?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4458 posts
695 upvotes
Almost every review for it was bought. Stay away.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1721 posts
567 upvotes
Near Toronto
stanformers wrote: Looks nice. It has two speakers so is it safe to assume that it plays in stereo i.e. 2 channel?
From the description:
2x1.5inch total 7W powerful acoustic drivers play a full-range, abundant stereo audio
Apr 2, 2009
194 posts
56 upvotes
mississauga
I picked up 2 for $51.99 each as Christmas gifts and the people I gifted it to swear by them. Still bumps
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9230 posts
5662 upvotes
Toronto
Feeling a bit shilly in here..
Mar 24, 2012
31 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver
The website says two 3.5" speakers.
But, I can never be sure what they mean by stereo. Is it stereo as in audio equipment? Or is it stereo as in left-right 2-channel?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1721 posts
567 upvotes
Near Toronto
stanformers wrote: The website says two 3.5" speakers.
But, I can never be sure what they mean by stereo. Is it stereo as in audio equipment? Or is it stereo as in left-right 2-channel?
it's two 1.5" speakers... not 3.5" (it's actually 3.5w per speaker)

Dimensions: 4.8 x 1.8 x 2.5 inches (LxWxH)

There's no room for 7" worth of speakers.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1721 posts
567 upvotes
Near Toronto
stanformers wrote: Looks nice. It has two speakers so is it safe to assume that it plays in stereo i.e. 2 channel?
I'm pretty sure it's stereo

Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1721 posts
567 upvotes
Near Toronto
I just got mine today. I only have the Philips shoqbox to compare it with.

I haven't actually turned it on yet. Will update this post when I do

Here's some pictures.

One thing I noticed already, when laying flat down, it's on the mesh grill, not the rubber... So I can see the black mesh rubbing off or scratching the surface it's on.
The ridges are higher... They should have made the ridges sink in instead of pop out

EDIT:
Playing with it, I like sound coming out of this thing. I'm impressed. I noticed it distorts at full volume though.
Also, it won't auto shut-off if it's connected but will if there's no BT connection.
NFC works great. Used NFC the first time I connected to the speaker and it just did everything for me. It turned on BT on the phone and connect. I wished it would power on the speaker though.
Jan 23, 2007
119 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. I'm in for one. Perfect for Blue Jays games while playing with the kids in the back yard.