Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[ANA/UA] Montreal to Ho Chi Minh + 24-hour stopover in Tokyo - $676 All-in

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2017 7:41 pm
Dec 2, 2013
739 posts
1231 upvotes
SuSHi wrote: has anyone booked this? i've tried a couple of time from yvr at the same price but it hasn't worked yet
PM me your itinerary and I will try to see what I can do.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
any 675$ pricing in mid july? TIA need my cheap massages!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Mar 12, 2006
892 posts
243 upvotes
elideli wrote: PM me your itinerary and I will try to see what I can do.
Do share please!
Dec 2, 2013
739 posts
1231 upvotes
SuSHi wrote: has anyone booked this? i've tried a couple of time from yvr at the same price but it hasn't worked yet
Rifle wrote: Do share please!
The deal seems to be available from YVR, however it's a different tout with a stop in Beijing instead of Tokyo. The price though is the same at $669 and there are available dates until beginning of June.

https://www.google.ca/flights/#flt=YVR. ... 1;sd:1;t:f

Deal Fanatic
Jan 24, 2005
5763 posts
353 upvotes
Too bad no direct from yyz. I dislike layovers
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3793 posts
2617 upvotes
Montreal
Too bad the layover in both deals isn't close to 72 hours.. That would be perfect because it's visa free in China for 72 hours or less and 24 hours in Tokyo isn't enough.
Apr 7, 2007
852 posts
474 upvotes
Calgary, AB
That's a great deal from Montreal. Just came back from Vietnam on ANA.
Great service, on time, new 787 Dreamliner planes, pretty decent food, free wine/beer.
Speaking of great service, I dropped something into the aisle by accident and an attendant appeared out of nowhere within seconds, retrieved it from the floor, and handed it back to me. She then bowed and said sorry presumably thinking it was her fault that I dropped it. On the connecting flight from YVR to YYC on Air Canada the contrast in service levels and professionalism of the staff was astonishing.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3793 posts
2617 upvotes
Montreal
cheapmother wrote: That's a great deal from Montreal. Just came back from Vietnam on ANA.
Great service, on time, new 787 Dreamliner planes, pretty decent food, free wine/beer.
Speaking of great service, I dropped something into the aisle by accident and an attendant appeared out of nowhere within seconds, retrieved it from the floor, and handed it back to me. She then bowed and said sorry presumably thinking it was her fault that I dropped it. On the connecting flight from YVR to YYC on Air Canada the contrast in service levels and professionalism of the staff was astonishing.
Japanese hospitality vs old grumpy entitled Air Canada staff lol

There's no comparison.
Sep 26, 2005
98 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Amazing deal! Enjoy your trip! I would love to go
Mar 12, 2006
892 posts
243 upvotes
elideli wrote: The deal seems to be available from YVR, however it's a different tout with a stop in Beijing instead of Tokyo. The price though is the same at $669 and there are available dates until beginning of June.

Thanks for this, but the layover and air china :(, Air china isn't bad, just....rather meh experience.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
1092 posts
244 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP. Im in vietnam right now. But with a deal this good, might as well book my next trip back.

How does this compare to EVA?
Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | Intel i7-4770K | 16GB Kingston HyperX Predator | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080 | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | LG GL83A-B| Schiit Modi 3 + Vali 2 & Senn HD600
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1225 posts
409 upvotes
calgary
willy0275 wrote: Very good deal, but I can tell you I paid $900 to go to Saigon from Montreal early March with Air China and I'm very happy to have paid an extra $200 to be able to *avoid* the US and have one less connection. It goes straight from Montreal to China, and China to Vietnam. Also, the Chinese flight attendants are much cuter than American ones ;-)
and younger :)
Jun 26, 2010
916 posts
689 upvotes
Vancouver
willy0275 wrote: Very good deal, but I can tell you I paid $900 to go to Saigon from Montreal early March with Air China and I'm very happy to have paid an extra $200 to be able to *avoid* the US and have one less connection. It goes straight from Montreal to China, and China to Vietnam. Also, the Chinese flight attendants are much cuter than American ones ;-)
What is Air China like? Any good? I've been using EVA to do the Asia trips and like their service but if it can be cheaper, I might try Air China.
Jun 26, 2010
916 posts
689 upvotes
Vancouver
Rifle wrote: Thanks for this, but the layover and air china :(, Air china isn't bad, just....rather meh experience.
Can you elaborate on the 'meh' experience? Curious, I'm more used to EVA but seeing lots of cheaper flights with Chinese airlines like Air China, Xiamen, China Eastern, and China Southern.
Mar 12, 2006
892 posts
243 upvotes
Seats were kinda cramped,

The food was Alright. I guess I should have rephrased by words, it was just average? If it wasn't for the longish layover, I'd book it in a heartbeat.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1538 posts
1228 upvotes
Air China, China Eastern, China Southern, Hainan, etc, they're all owned by the Chinese government, they're all the same, they even share same inflight magazines.

For some reasons, they all serve beers in room temperature.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, Wise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4214 posts
5060 upvotes
Montreal, QC
shabbydog wrote: What is Air China like? Any good? I've been using EVA to do the Asia trips and like their service but if it can be cheaper, I might try Air China.
Well honestly I think any Asian airline is better than any Western airline company. I've flown with ANA, Air China, China Airlines and Air Korea and I've always had great service from beautiful ladies. The funny thing with Air China is that they allow you to "bid" on business upgrades not long before the flight, so you chose a price you'd be willing to pay for an upgrade and you hope to win. I'm not sure if any other company does that but I found it funny. I low balled a USD$500 for an upgrade but I doubt I can win I'm way too cheap :-D

PS: The thing with Air China going to Vietnam from Montreal or Toronto is that it's a direct flight to China and then direct to Vietnam, so only one stop. You do the whole trip in around 23 hours I think. For me that's worth money so I think for around $900 to get to Vietnam it's a steal.
Last edited by WillyBaldy on Feb 26th, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile and Videotron Fizz customer :-)
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4214 posts
5060 upvotes
Montreal, QC
maverikbc wrote: Air China, China Eastern, China Southern, Hainan, etc, they're all owned by the Chinese government, they're all the same, they even share same inflight magazines.

For some reasons, they all serve beers in room temperature.
Meanwhile, in Vietnam they serve beer with ice chunks. It took me a while to get used to it!
Happy Koodo Public Mobile and Videotron Fizz customer :-)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)