• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2016 9:57 am
[OP]
Oct 17, 2013
184 posts
36 upvotes
Summerside

Android box help

I am an older poster so please be gentle. I have this android box which I love. Original MXIII-G MX3 XBMC Kodi QUAD CORE 4K Android 5.1 Smart TV BOX 2G+8G

I would like to buy a box for my daughter and son in law for Christmas as a surprise, and even though I have read several threads I'm afraid I dont understand a lot of the information. If some one could just point me in the direction of a decent one to watch TV programmes, I would be very grateful. The one I have is about $100 with free postage so I could just get that unless there is a better deal out there. Thank you very much.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2218 posts
848 upvotes
Toronto
I don't have any suggestions off the top of my head but are you looking for an Android box that already has Kodi installed?
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
[OP]
Oct 17, 2013
184 posts
36 upvotes
Summerside
I think that would be best yes, but could probably manage to get instruction from you tube as I did with the add ons. Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2218 posts
848 upvotes
Toronto
My friend and his family are using idroidnation and they love it. It comes with Kodi already installed and set up. If you want to update then you have to download Kodi from their website and NOT from the Play Store. I can't find any on Amazon.ca but I did find some on Amazon.com so the prices are in US. So, it may just be a little more than what you're looking to spend.

Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9037 posts
2897 upvotes
Josutton wrote: I am an older poster so please be gentle. I have this android box which I love. Original MXIII-G MX3 XBMC Kodi QUAD CORE 4K Android 5.1 Smart TV BOX 2G+8G

I would like to buy a box for my daughter and son in law for Christmas as a surprise, and even though I have read several threads I'm afraid I dont understand a lot of the information. If some one could just point me in the direction of a decent one to watch TV programmes, I would be very grateful. The one I have is about $100 with free postage so I could just get that unless there is a better deal out there. Thank you very much.
There are so many boxes I too don't have a particular one to suggest. However, if the one you currently have works fine why not get them the same one? Note, don't limit yourself to the boxes with pre-installed Kodi as it's very easy to install on any box.
Discomfort is your friend
[OP]
Oct 17, 2013
184 posts
36 upvotes
Summerside
Thank you for your reply. Mine does work fine but will be nearly 2 years old so I thought if there was one which was more "updated" I would get that. I dont understand all those numbers. I looked on the threads on here but non seem available at the moment, so may just get the one I have. Thank you.
[OP]
Oct 17, 2013
184 posts
36 upvotes
Summerside
ds2chan wrote: My friend and his family are using idroidnation and they love it. It comes with Kodi already installed and set up. If you want to update then you have to download Kodi from their website and NOT from the Play Store. I can't find any on Amazon.ca but I did find some on Amazon.com so the prices are in US. So, it may just be a little more than what you're looking to spend.
Thank you. I see it on Amazon, and will read about it and check it out. Thank you very much.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2218 posts
848 upvotes
Toronto
Josutton wrote: Thank you for your reply. Mine does work fine but will be nearly 2 years old so I thought if there was one which was more "updated" I would get that. I dont understand all those numbers. I looked on the threads on here but non seem available at the moment, so may just get the one I have. Thank you.
Or, just get an updated model that is made by the same company. If your box is 2 years old then the newer ones are probably faster with more memory.

[OP]
Oct 17, 2013
184 posts
36 upvotes
Summerside
Ok will check that out as well, thanks.