Tags:
None
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2683 upvotes
Vancouver
That is a good summary from a source that tests a lot of these boxes.
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
15479 posts
3771 upvotes
Toronto
bogolisk wrote: CNX has a very good summary of Android Boxes:

http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/04/25/ ... id-tv-box/
Thank you for the link. I am currently looking for a box that plays netflix, crackle, as well as various video formats. For something as simple as this, what would be the best device to get?
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1331 upvotes
hightech wrote: Thank you for the link. I am currently looking for a box that plays netflix, crackle, as well as various video formats. For something as simple as this, what would be the best device to get?
Do you need Netflix HD ? if yes then your options are limited !
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3004 posts
1595 upvotes
hightech wrote: Thank you for the link. I am currently looking for a box that plays netflix, crackle, as well as various video formats. For something as simple as this, what would be the best device to get?
shield tv
wetek core
nexus player
chromecast 2
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2683 upvotes
Vancouver
hightech wrote: I would need Netflix HD
In that case an Android box is not the best solution for you. Maybe a Roku instead?

The Shield can play Netflix HD, but for your purposes not a good buy at $300 or so.

The Nexus Player can play Netflix HD too, but it's no longer available unless you are lucky enough to find old stock or a used one somewhere.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
27508 posts
3975 upvotes
Montreal
You are the first person who asked specifically for crackle in recent memory! Does crackle have any noteworthy content, other than the Boondocks cartoons?
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
10596 posts
2979 upvotes
Winnipeg
hightech wrote: I would need Netflix HD
any firetv even the firestick,.They don't even mention it at cnx because non of the adds at cnx can do hd apps and thats bad for business.

It offers the most hd subscription based apps of any android base box currently available. Currently only the roku can match it and maybe an atv 4.

you can't say wetek does hd netflix and not leave out its only 2 channels stereo. people will be pissed to find that out.

You can't say does hd audio with spmc when koying has clearly said not applicable to all amlogic chipsets with out proper aml code changes in the firmware. Both mini-x and wetek had to use their own version of kodi for some time to pull that off when kodi was in flux without a maintainer. Only yesterday did a version of s905 in openelec come out that can do hd audi in linux... but 23.976/24p is still not working.

You can't include zidoo with rockchip when it uses tdmc to pull anything off and that sir is nothing more than one giant hacked version of kodi that is nongpl. They should mention that koying dropped support for rockchip. Thats what a hack is cnx not overclocking a rasberry pi 2 LOL. The comment section has more detail than the actual article but thats usual at cnx articles.