• Mar 8th, 2020 11:09 am
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1412 posts
866 upvotes
YYC

Android Forums app: no connection retry

I started getting this error yesterday.

Open Forums app. See 'no connection retry'.

I tried nuking all cache and data and it still doesn't work. I am posting this via browser.
4 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
We stopped supporting the forums apps earlier this year. Our plan is to integrate the features from it within the primary RFD app.

I wasn't informed that the forums app would stop functioning, but it's possible that a change was made that stopped it from working. I'll see what I can find out.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1412 posts
866 upvotes
YYC
Oh I didn't realize the Forums app was no longer supported. I had only switched to it last year because the main RFD android app was not in a good state.

I will switch back to that and try it out again.

Edit: RFD app is also broken... I cannot see any forums, so maybe something affected both.
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16792 posts
12574 upvotes
Markham
TomRFD wrote: We stopped supporting the forums apps earlier this year. Our plan is to integrate the features from it within the primary RFD app.

I wasn't informed that the forums app would stop functioning, but it's possible that a change was made that stopped it from working. I'll see what I can find out.
What's timeline to launch new app officially? Feel every app is falling apart
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
chaingunsofdoom wrote: Edit: RFD app is also broken... I cannot see any forums, so maybe something affected both.
The main RFD app still uses a web view for forums. Try clearing your app cache and see if that helps.
smartie wrote: What's timeline to launch new app officially? Feel every app is falling apart
There are no plans to launch an entire new app. The app development team is constantly working on updates and improvements and the advanced forum functionality will be added slowly over time. I'll try to find out if there's any type of timeline available on the forum app features being added to the main app.

If you have any feedback to provide for the main app, feel free to share them here and I'll bring them to the app teams attention.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)