Expired Hot Deals

[Android/Microsoft] Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members can play Over 100 Xbox Games on Android Mobile Starting Today *Free

Jan 12, 2017
160 posts
138 upvotes
I’ve had the razer kishi controller for a month now and love it, highly recommended
Dec 22, 2012
419 posts
198 upvotes
Mississauga
Kkhan15 wrote: No Android TV app I assume?
i know with the alpha they were running you had to sideload that app. I checked the google store today and i dont see it. I assume youd have to sideload the xbox game pass app?
Aug 12, 2010
660 posts
468 upvotes
anyone got the APK link to install on FireCube?
Zoomer $36 Plan Loyal
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1667 posts
894 upvotes
Durham
xhalo21 wrote: i know with the alpha they were running you had to sideload that app. I checked the google store today and i dont see it. I assume youd have to sideload the xbox game pass app?
Yeah I had that. I was just a mobile version so was not enhanced to tv. Was hoping they would make an actual Android TV version
Dec 22, 2012
419 posts
198 upvotes
Mississauga
geoffs wrote: anyone got the APK link to install on FireCube?
APKpure, they've got it all
Dec 22, 2012
419 posts
198 upvotes
Mississauga
Kkhan15 wrote: Yeah I had that. I was just a mobile version so was not enhanced to tv. Was hoping they would make an actual Android TV version
i hope i'm wrong but i doubt it, they probably feel it will eat into the console sales
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3643 posts
3236 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
WildCard12 wrote: I also have another question if anyone has the answer. Are they making the cloud streaming available for PC or downloads only. I can think of a much much larger user base who would actually take advantage of cloud gaming because they always connected to wifi.... school laptops. I have 3 of them in my house. I know millions of people with them and who would use them for gaming if it was from the cloud. These PC's have no graphics cards so they only capable of light gaming. If you can play from the cloud with them, that would be a game changer.
Wouldn't those be locked down tight?
Dec 5, 2017
150 posts
112 upvotes
Calgary
Might be a stupid question, but can we play games over the Cloud on our Xbone yet? Or is it only available for Android?
So many games to play, but my HDD is full, and it usually takes half a day to download / install a 100GB game... :/
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1178 posts
213 upvotes
Mississauga
Another stupid question. If I've never been a member of game pass, what's the least expensive way to get started? Is it only the $1/first month offer?
Jan 15, 2010
422 posts
189 upvotes
Has anyone tried play on Android head unit in car?
Dec 5, 2017
150 posts
112 upvotes
Calgary
Downloaded the Game Pass app on my chromebook, and it looks to work fine!
Dec 5, 2017
150 posts
112 upvotes
Calgary
jalaram wrote: Another stupid question. If I've never been a member of game pass, what's the least expensive way to get started? Is it only the $1/first month offer?
Was mentioned in the OP, but if you follow this link, it explains how to get it for pretty cheap. In the end, I believe I paid around $160 for 3 years of Game Pass.
microsoft-store-xbox-game-pass-ultimate ... 1-2290218/
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7368 posts
255 upvotes
BC
Can you chromecast to TV?
insert witty comment
Jul 31, 2020
246 posts
243 upvotes
As an extra I can’t complain too much, but it’s all pretty much unplayable for me. Mind you I couldn’t play goldeneye on the n64 thanks to the abysmal frame rate and responsiveness, and other people seem to have loved it. That being said, I’m surprised anyone can enjoy this after getting used to mostly solid frame rates this generation of consoles... it really is a horrible experience.
Jul 31, 2020
246 posts
243 upvotes
xhalo21 wrote: i hope i'm wrong but i doubt it, they probably feel it will eat into the console sales
I think it’s because barely anyone has android tv, same reason it doesn’t have much support from anyone including google. The Chinese boxes should allow it to work, since they are running the open source android made for phones and tablets. They dont really make money on console sales (they usually take a loss on hardware), it’s from the services and game sales.

I can’t see this replacing actual hardware, even in home streaming through Ethernet on both sides is far worse than a dedicated console. In the future it’s possible we will access files from a remote server as we play, but to actually process the game on the server side is ridiculously stupid.

Want to see the future, look at what pirates do. Pirates streamed videos Netflix style long before Netflix did, it just streams straight data and client side hardware processes it. There are no piracy websites that stream video games, but it’s all been digital only for many many years.