Which android phone to get?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2009 12:27 pm
Tags:
Oct 2, 2009
111 posts
4 upvotes

Which android phone to get?

Hi, I've been looking at alot of phones lately and I'm really liking the Android based phones, I've been specifically looking to get the HTC Hero when it's out.

But I've seen alot of android phones that will come out in the future and i was wondering if i should wait for a better choice. Does any one have any suggestions, and if anyone has the Hero, how is it?
6 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
ahh...the time-honoured dance of 'should I wait' predicament.

If you can wait, wait a few more months for all the new wireless providers to drop first. Then once the dust has settled, IF you managed to hold out, pick the best one you think is for you.

If you're already with Rogers/Fido on a contract and it's just a matter of buying a phone., it all depends what you want to do with your phone.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
2832 posts
84 upvotes
I got a HTC Magic from a fellow RFD member. It works very well and does exactly what I want it to (voice + Wifi + MP3). Not to mention the Rogers branded HTC Magic is very close to spec of HTC Hero (G3 Android Phone), so you can load HTC Hero ROM onto your Magic and enjoy all the new features now.

I read somewhere that Android 2.0 (which would feature multitouch) would be released on HTC Magic as well. So the phone has a lot of potential. The most beautiful part is that you can get it now. :)
Oct 2, 2009
111 posts
4 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote: ahh...the time-honoured dance of 'should I wait' predicament.

If you can wait, wait a few more months for all the new wireless providers to drop first. Then once the dust has settled, IF you managed to hold out, pick the best one you think is for you.
Thanks for the replies.

Yea, I've been hearing alot about these new providers, mainly wind, and I was wondering why every one is "excited". What exactly is going to happen?

Sorry if these questions may seem stupid, I'm not an avid cell phone user.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
4664 posts
1242 upvotes
Toronto
I'm kind of a newbie too, but the idea is that the new providers will introduce more competition to the system and provide lower-cost options, with the possibility of newer phones as well.

As others have mentioned, there are a whole bunch of new Android phones coming out in the next little while -- I wouldn't be surprised to see another 5-6 become available in the next 60 days (before the holiday shopping season starts). Of course, we have no way of knowing which (if any) get picked up by Canadian providers, but it's likely that at least a couple will be.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)