• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2019 11:01 pm
[OP]
Nov 28, 2019
488 posts
231 upvotes

Android Phone Under $400

Hey

I am looking for a new phone for my wife, she right now has iphone 6 and the battery life is crap (dies in a few hours with little to no use). We already replaced the battery once and now debating if it is worth spending $50 to $70 for a new battery or get a new phone.

She does not want an iphone anymore and wants to switch to Android. We are open to buying a "used/open box" phone from ebay as this is what I did with my moto 6 last year and it's been great.

I was looking at the moto g7 but couple reviews stated it is not the best mid range phone out there but then they don't list any alternatives. My wife is into samsung so been looking at some of the older versions of the "s" series and also the "A50"

Any suggestions on some phones I should look into.
11 replies
Jul 16, 2019
646 posts
323 upvotes
Staples has a decent selection of unlocked phones.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5294 posts
2858 upvotes
Toronto
Costco has Moto g7 play for $159 when I was there last week. And beside it was iPhone 6s lol
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2008
1346 posts
236 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Galaxy A50.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1076 posts
577 upvotes
GTA
Pixel 3a XL been using it about 6mos now so far so good.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

cheap phone bill = Public Mobile 13$ + 3GB data only eSIM plan 0$ + Google Pixel 3a XL
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14094 posts
11750 upvotes
Not Leask
Is this a Moto G7 vs. Sammy A50 vs. etc.? Best bet is to pull up all the specs, then watch some YouTube videos comparing the devices. I'd take Moto over Sammy for myself but Sammy's have also proven themselves over the years.

OP have you considered Amazon? You can get virtually anything under the sun there. You'll get cool pricing but watch out for which region the Android phones fall under. Latin America is generally safe for LTE on all carriers here, but some of the Asian variants can result in 3G on some carriers here. Should be less of an issue now that it's 2019 and 5G is at dawn, but just something else to verify with the seller before you buy (this applies to eBay as well). This opens up way more brands/devices to consider before and after you take the video reviews on YouTube for a spin.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Feb 25, 2016
9 posts
2 upvotes
I have Moto g7 play and it works very well. I replaced a Moto G4 plus with it because of a dying battery. Go to Costco and pick one up.
Dec 13, 2019
1 posts
HUAWEI P30 or P30 Lite, Oneplus 7 @amazon.ca could be better than Samsung s series, because Samsung's battery is low quality.