Hot Deals

[Android/Xbox/PC] Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Cloud Gaming, Destiny 2 Shadowkeep, Night in the Woods, Company of Heroes 2, and More

Nov 29, 2018
72 posts
156 upvotes
highly recommend Night in the Woods for anyone who is a fan of game writing and music
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4238 posts
1258 upvotes
Toronto
drspaceman wrote: highly recommend Night in the Woods for anyone who is a fan of game writing and music
Been looking forward to trying this game, but I never got around to buying it. Now that it's on Gamepass, I'm definitely jumping in.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Oct 5, 2017
412 posts
133 upvotes
jronald wrote: Where did you buy these? I want to extend my account as its going to expire in 2 weeks.
Why? Let it expire.. Then do the gold conversion
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
4319 posts
1839 upvotes
Toronto
Man why the f isn’t destiny out for pc too...
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1258 posts
836 upvotes
Toronto
Just went through the horror that is trying to do all that is the Xbox Game App and while I got the game to play with sound eventually which was bugging out eh when I wanted to quit no matter what I did it would not let me close the game down or the Xbox Game App. I even Windows keyed out and could only do so much and when I tried to get into task manager it was hardly even on screen. I wouldn't pay money for this yet. The recording worked but saw no editor for things. Also I tried to give feedback while still in the Xbox Game App and it wasn't having it. Anyway going to give feedback to MS for sure about all this. Btw I am on a decent pc .... i5 9600k with 16 GB DDR4 ram and an RX 5700 XT ... so specs are not the problem. I had fun with the game I played (some Darksiders game that was more Diablo-like) and wanted to edit out the last portion of my recording but will I easily be able to get to and use the file type outside of the program and edit it? Who knows after what I saw. LOL! Oh and finally I had to reset my pc just to get back to Windows 10 proper. : S
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2432 posts
1223 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
no iOS.
F-- you, Apple.
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2006
1540 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
TheImp wrote: no iOS.
F-- you, Apple.
I’m so sad about this too... Pensive Face

But on the other hand I have an Nvidia shield tv 2020... a 4K projector with 120” screen:.. and sideloaded the game pass beta app.. it works amazing paired with an Xbox one controller. So good to the point no one believes it’s cloud gaming... works almost as good as the console to me ..
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7886 posts
4491 upvotes
Toronto
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: I'd to quit I had fun with the game I played (some Darksiders game that was more Diablo-like) and wanted to edit out the last portion of my recording but will I easily be able to get to and use the file type outside of the program and edit it?
The issues you experienced sound more like with the game than the Xbox App and Game Pass games aren't immune to game specific bugs that have similar or the same issues on Steam. I've played hundreds of hours of Game Pass games over the past 18 months with very few issues, the worst of it being in recent releases like Flight Sim and Wasteland 3 that have just as many people on Steam reporting bugs. The majority of games have been a great experience for me though. Well worth the $1 a month I've been paying and I'll gladly pay $5-10 whenever they force me to.

Your videos get saved to your profiles documents video folder as either MP4 or MKV iirc but you're probably better off just using the AMD equivalent of Shadowplay or OBS
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2432 posts
1223 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
mohaken wrote: I’m so sad about this too... Pensive Face

But on the other hand I have an Nvidia shield tv 2020... a 4K projector with 120” screen:.. and sideloaded the game pass beta app.. it works amazing paired with an Xbox one controller. So good to the point no one believes it’s cloud gaming... works almost as good as the console to me ..
Hmm.. I never thought of trying this on an nVidia Shield. My XB1X just happens to be broken..
Hmm.. I'll have to try this :)
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1258 posts
836 upvotes
Toronto
@ReeGee eh never had a problem whatsoever on console but pc like I said a bad first impression. Not sure if you are old enough to remember Games for Windows Live but it was an outright disaster so I have trouble believing MS will get this right for pc. Anyway thanks for letting me know some of the games also been having problems elsewhere.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7886 posts
4491 upvotes
Toronto
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: @ReeGee eh never had a problem whatsoever on console but pc like I said a bad first impression. Not sure if you are old enough to remember Games for Windows Live but it was an outright disaster so I have trouble believing MS will get this right for pc.
Old enough to remember gaming on DOS and Windows 3.1. Games for Windows Live was during the PC dark ages from like 2005-2010 and was buried by Steam ages ago. Windows has come a long way since then and gaming on PC has generally never been easier especially for replicating the controller on the couch experience of consoles but just better. Remember the Xbox App still technically a beta with a long ways to go to catch up to Steam but it's a good start and insanely cheap.
Nov 15, 2013
53 posts
37 upvotes
Does anybody know how to connect EA Play to game pass so I can play this on my pc? Theres nothing on the app yet.
Jul 23, 2011
849 posts
645 upvotes
NORTH YORK
LoANeal wrote: ...man I wonder if my D2 profile will transfer from my PS4 to Xbone, free DLC is great.
I had the exact same question, since I had played all of Destiny 2 up to the end of the Forsaken DLC on ps4, and really didn't want to start again on Xbox.

The answer is that yes, you can transfer your character over. Go to the Destiny website and there should be an option to do so when you log in.

I'd also recommend downloading Destiny 2 now in anticipation of the 22nd when Shadowkeep/Foraken go free. It's a huge game (100 GB plus), and even though the free version is still locked out from that content, it's included in what you download. That should make it so that on the 22nd, you're already to start back in with your game right away. Same will go for when Beyond Light is added in November (which is a huge gain for Games Pass).
Jul 23, 2011
849 posts
645 upvotes
NORTH YORK
d3volicious wrote: Does anybody know how to connect EA Play to game pass so I can play this on my pc? Theres nothing on the app yet.
From what I understand, they aren't connected services yet. That won't happen until November.
Jul 14, 2014
903 posts
373 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mohaken wrote: I’m so sad about this too... Pensive Face

720p on a 120" screen ? Is it really that pretty ? Do you use the AI upscaling ?