Expired Hot Deals

[androidauthority] Getflix smart dns and vpn lifetime for $44.10

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2019 10:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 9, 2006
5928 posts
9664 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC

Getflix smart dns and vpn lifetime for $44.10

Deal Link:
Price:
44.10
Expiry:
May 31, 2019
Retailer:
androidauthority
Memorial weekend sale - 25% off $49 - now $36.75 with code weekend25

Getflix allows users from Australia, New Zealand and all over the world to easily access global video and music streaming services. Getflix uses Smart DNS and VPN technology to bypass the geo-blocking and open up this amazing world of entertainment.

Use Getflix Smart DNS + VPN to watch the latest movies, TV series, children's shows and classic titles from multiple devices including PCs, game consoles, mobile phones, tablets and more.

Lifetime equals 30 years. Sign up for email to get a 10% code. $44,10 equals about $60 Cdn.

Deal is at https://deals.androidauthority.com/sale ... cription-3

I use the smart dns to access BBC and other British channels and Hulu. I don't know if it works well for US Netflix.

Getflix website - https://www.getflix.com.au/

A previous thread - http://forums.redflagdeals.com/stacksoc ... 5-2185570/
Last edited by pathfinder35 on Jun 1st, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
84 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2009 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
Getflix is owned by the people who own SmartDNS Proxy. They have had these lifetime offers before. Unfortunately, people who bought them had to upgrade to a regular ( non third party) account in order to be able to access Netflix ( American). Unless there is something very specific, like older videos or Spanish shows and movies, the Netflix Canada service is just as good in my opinion. Kind of makes many of these services less appealing if that is your main goal.

Edit: US Netflix does work with this lifetime subscription, but only from a computer browser.
Last edited by pmcd on May 18th, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Nov 25, 2018
85 posts
118 upvotes
pmcd wrote: Getflix is owned by the people who own SmartDNS Proxy. They have had these lifetime offers before. Unfortunately, people who bought them had to upgrade to a regular ( non third party) account in order to be able to access Netflix ( American). Unless there is something very specific, like older videos or Spanish shows and movies, the Netflix Canada service is just as good in my opinion. Kind of makes many of these services less appealing if that is your main goal.
My last lifetime membership only lasted 2 months, mostly scams.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2009 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
TingN70420 wrote: My last lifetime membership only lasted 2 months, mostly scams.
Getflix does honour these lifetime memberships. They are just slightly limited compared to their regular subscriptions. Why did it only last two months?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18850 posts
27156 upvotes
ONTARIO
Not a bad price for lifetime if it truly is lifetime. But from what I am reading, it seems like they are kind of shady.
I used their trial once in the past without issues though.

I am currently on Unlocator. My account is bugged somehow because despite no longer being a subscriber, it continues to work for some reason.
Moderator
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
21116 posts
12574 upvotes
Kitchener
TingN70420 wrote: My last lifetime membership only lasted 2 months, mostly scams.
My Getflix lifetime subscription still going strong since Oct 2015.
Yes, the netflix PC only limitation sucks but at least (unlike many) they found a way to keep making money without going under or kicking everyone out.
DNS redirector is very handy for Amazon prime (US catalog with CA membership), Hulu, VUDU, Fandango .. etc where you don't need to limit streaming going through conventional VPN.
Moderator
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
21116 posts
12574 upvotes
Kitchener
BobSagget wrote: it seems like they are kind of shady.
Not at all, highly recommended.
Most VPN/DNS redirectors gets netflix blocked like clockwork, so having it consistently working just for PC browsers as a part of the lifetime membership is not a bad thing.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18850 posts
27156 upvotes
ONTARIO
aasoror wrote: Not at all, highly recommended.
Most VPN/DNS redirectors gets netflix blocked like clockwork, so having it consistently working just for PC browsers as a part of the lifetime membership is not a bad thing.
I just meant the comments where people said their lifetime membership turned into not lifetime. Like the one person above saying it lasted 2 months. That is shady if true.
Moderator
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
21116 posts
12574 upvotes
Kitchener
BobSagget wrote: I just meant the comments where people said their lifetime membership turned into not lifetime. Like the one person above saying it lasted 2 months. That is shady if true.
Not sure if his comment was actually regarding GetFlix or just about VPN lifetime subscriptions in general.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
1295 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
Just wanted to chime in: I've had Getflix for more than 2 years through one of these lifetime deals. I never needed Netflix US so it is a great deal to get access to all others US services through this deal.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Sep 13, 2003
144 posts
160 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Got the lifetime (30 year) Getflix deal 3+ years ago. I don't use it for U.S. Netflix anymore but occasionally I use the VPN service - however best feature is the ability to watch any NHL game without blackout. Also have used for US streaming DirectTV etc.
Its been a great deal for me - I've not heard of lifetime deals not being honoured after 2 months? If that's true, I would expect TechDeals or Groupon or whomever supplied the deal to refund in that case.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 19, 2003
4777 posts
1591 upvotes
Kingston
I've had getflix for quite a while. Could never get it to work with USA Netflix tho. Even on a PC it would just be too slow. Couldn't even load pictures.
Jr. Member
Apr 14, 2018
153 posts
170 upvotes
Been using Windscribe since it was first posted on RFD a year back, would recommend it over other VPN services.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18850 posts
27156 upvotes
ONTARIO
Watoko wrote: Been using Windscribe since it was first posted on RFD a year back, would recommend it over other VPN services.
While WIndscribe is definitely a good VPN (especially since free users get 20gb), I'd imagine most people using GetFlix are using it for the smart DNS, not the VPN.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 29, 2018
936 posts
550 upvotes
Vancouver
This latest deal doesn't mention any PC only limitation on Netflix. Does it apple to all Lifetime accounts? Also how does it work?

Update: Asked support and got this answer

For lifetime accounts, please be advised that you can only access Netflix US using browsers and not any other devices unlike a normal paid subscription where they could access Netflix US with their devices. however, they are required to do an additional setting on a router-level.
Jr. Member
Aug 11, 2018
121 posts
39 upvotes
Using a lifetime membership since October 2016, it's great for whenever I need it. I have a seperate router that I set up that whenever I need something in US I just connect to that router.

By connecting to that router I am able to access US Netflix on my Apple TV ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
$75/15GB + 10GB/$15
$35/5GB
Thank you El Tabador
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1671 posts
1237 upvotes
aasoror wrote: DNS redirector is very handy for Amazon prime (US catalog with CA membership), Hulu, VUDU, Fandango .. etc where you don't need to limit streaming going through conventional VPN.
How does this work? You DNS redirect, and then all of a sudden can use your Prime membership to buy items from the US for shipment to Canada? 1-2 day shipping to a Canadian address, with additional import fees?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18850 posts
27156 upvotes
ONTARIO
sports1 wrote: How does this work? You DNS redirect, and then all of a sudden can use your Prime membership to buy items from the US for shipment to Canada? 1-2 day shipping to a Canadian address, with additional import fees?
lol no. He's talking about the US Prime Video catalogue.
When you use a smart DNS to trick it into thinking your in the US, you can use your Canadian Prime membership to watch movies/tv shows only available to US residents that you wouldn't otherwise be able to watch in Canada.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1671 posts
1237 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: lol no. He's talking about the US Prime Video catalogue.
When you use a smart DNS to trick it into thinking your in the US, you can use your Canadian Prime membership to watch movies/tv shows only available to US residents that you wouldn't otherwise be able to watch in Canada.
Ah ok. Yeah definitely not the first thing I thought about when I saw "US catalog".

Good to know though, thanks!
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
2366 posts
570 upvotes
pathfinder35 wrote: Getflix allows users from Australia, New Zealand and all over the world to easily access global video and music streaming services.
...
Lifetime equals 30 years.
A couple of questions here:
- i and probably most of people on RFD don't really live down under... but i'm assuming this DNS/VPN will work for us too? Won't it slow down connectivity ? i'm not sure i wanna send my information across the globe really :-0
-lifetime equals until company goes bankrupt, changes names or updates terms and makes your speed slower or connection more limited etc usually way less than 30yrs. BTW u know the internet is barely just over 30yrs old right? https://howoldistheinter.net/
For sale threads:
GCs / Coins
Cloth / Phones/

Top