Expired Hot Deals

[The Angry Roaster] [GTA] FREE Delivery with no minimum- Minor Figures Oat Milk and Coffee $19-$45

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2021 9:14 pm
[OP]
Sep 30, 2010
67 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto

[GTA] FREE Delivery with no minimum- Minor Figures Oat Milk and Coffee $19-$45

Deal Link:
Price:
$19-$45
Retailer:
The Angry Roaster
I buy fairly amount of specialty coffee and this promotion pop up on my IG. Unfortunately it's GTA only : (

It's six pack of Oat milk + 1 bag of coffee (300g) for $45 or just buy 1 bag of coffee for $19, FREE delivery in GTA with no minimum.

I personally like Minor Figures better compare to Earth Own or the one from Costco, but I've never seen it sell in grocery stores. And I know specialty coffee is not for everyone as the price is a bit higher, usually anywhere starts from $18-$30 and some of my friends think it's sour, but I cannot stand "burnt" taste in my coffee. Getting it with the oat milk is a warm deal for me.

16 replies
Jan 22, 2015
488 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Reasonable price if you are after that particular Oat milk.
Ethically great company, Environmentally you are better off with Canadian produced oat milk.
The oat canada and Susie's brand both Canadian that costco carry are very comparable to minor figures I find.
[OP]
Sep 30, 2010
67 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
newcan wrote: Reasonable price if you are after that particular Oat milk.
Ethically great company, Environmentally you are better off with Canadian produced oat milk.
The oat canada and Susie's brand both Canadian that costco carry are very comparable to minor figures I find.
Texture wise from thick to thin: Earth own > Minor Figures = Susie's > Oat Canada. Taste wise, Minor Figures and Susie's is more similar, but Oat Canada is my least favourite, I also never seen any café use it even it's cheaper.
Mar 18, 2005
417 posts
374 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
In Montréal, Oatly is widely available, and Minor figures is carried by grocery wholesale stores. I prefer the tastes of minor figures, but if you froth milk for latte art, I find Oatly to be easier to texture.

Just wanted to give some input, and see if Oatly barista milk is widely available in Ontario also.
[OP]
Sep 30, 2010
67 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
J-Money wrote: In Montréal, Oatly is widely available, and Minor figures is carried by grocery wholesale stores. I prefer the tastes of minor figures, but if you froth milk for latte art, I find Oatly to be easier to texture.

Just wanted to give some input, and see if Oatly barista milk is widely available in Ontario also.
That’s nice, I wonder why in Toronto, you can only find Minor Figures in cafes.

Or give the coffee a try, free shipping in GTA even if you order just 1 bag. I got my delivered today, which is super quick. I love specialty coffee. My favourite from Montreal are Zab and Pista.
[OP]
Sep 30, 2010
67 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
thelasthunter wrote: Their packaging is on point. How's their coffee?
Just brewed this morning, very clean. Better than few of the bigger local roasters, similar to library, like a boutique specialty roaster.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3025 posts
3368 upvotes
h741108 wrote: Just brewed this morning, very clean. Better than few of the bigger local roasters, similar to library, like a boutique specialty roaster.

I've tried about a dozen micro-roasters in Ontario, a couple in BC and one in Quebec. For the price, I like Social, for value (quality/price) I love Detour. I also liked Agro and Dispatch. I'm tempted by Angry, but what makes me a little angry is that they are microdosing their bags. An average bag of single-origin coffee at this price, should be at least 340 grams or 12oz. I mean who do they think they are, Hatch?
Mar 18, 2005
417 posts
374 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
thelasthunter wrote: I've tried about a dozen micro-roasters in Ontario, a couple in BC and one in Quebec. For the price, I like Social, for value (quality/price) I love Detour. I also liked Agro and Dispatch. I'm tempted by Angry, but what makes me a little angry is that they are microdosing their bags. An average bag of single-origin coffee at this price, should be at least 340 grams or 12oz. I mean who do they think they are, Hatch?
They’re not microdosing their bags, they’re (hopefully) paying sustainable prices for the micro-lots they purchase. I didn’t read much on their website, but quite a few Montréal roasters do the same, and sell the bags of 250g in the $16-20 range. Usually that means the lots were given more attention, and the characteristics of the coffee will stand out more with a nice brew.

Is there an RDF specialty coffee thread/sub-forum? I miss talking about third wave coffee, and going to public cuppings.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1126 posts
739 upvotes
Montreal
thelasthunter wrote: I've tried about a dozen micro-roasters in Ontario, a couple in BC and one in Quebec. For the price, I like Social, for value (quality/price) I love Detour. I also liked Agro and Dispatch. I'm tempted by Angry, but what makes me a little angry is that they are microdosing their bags. An average bag of single-origin coffee at this price, should be at least 340 grams or 12oz. I mean who do they think they are, Hatch?
St-Henri the same. 250g bags. Love their coffee but too expensive for my taste.

FYI Dispatch has a 30% off first 3 subscription orders. Good way to try out their coffees.

I’m going to try oat milk for the 1st time. Oatley Barista Edition is coming with my coffee order tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3025 posts
3368 upvotes
J-Money wrote: They’re not microdosing their bags, they’re (hopefully) paying sustainable prices for the micro-lots they purchase. I didn’t read much on their website, but quite a few Montréal roasters do the same, and sell the bags of 250g in the $16-20 range. Usually that means the lots were given more attention, and the characteristics of the coffee will stand out more with a nice brew.

Is there an RDF specialty coffee thread/sub-forum? I miss talking about third wave coffee, and going to public cuppings.
Yeah, I just don't like the trend in general. Consumers should insist with their wallets that these roasters give them good quality and a decent quantity of coffee. I personally avoid the Hatch pricing model for my daily coffee but might have it occasionaly. Like I said, most good single origins in the $16-20 ought to have 340grams per bag, or about 40 small cups of coffee, which is not that much to begin with. That's already a premium that hopefully gets passed onto farmers.

One of the coffees I return to a lot over the years is Social's Ethiopian Ardi because it's tasty ( loads of juicy blueberry) and is reasonably priced. But even that will vary according to season. The past few have been disappointing, but this current one is back to its former glory.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3025 posts
3368 upvotes
randomroyalty wrote: St-Henri the same. 250g bags. Love their coffee but too expensive for my taste.

FYI Dispatch has a 30% off first 3 subscription orders. Good way to try out their coffees.

I’m going to try oat milk for the 1st time. Oatley Barista Edition is coming with my coffee order tomorrow.
Tried Dispatch, and I was not dissapointed. Will try more with their sub specials.
[OP]
Sep 30, 2010
67 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
I just did a price list for some of the specialty coffee roasters in Toronto, the price are based on single origin.

Detour: 300g $18-35
De Mello: 227g $14-15
Hatch: 200-300g $18-40
Angry: 300g $19-20
Library: 75-200g $20-38
Pop: 225g $16-22
Quietly: 340g $19-21
Reunion: 340g $18
Hale: 340g $18-20
Ethica: 250g $17-24
Subtext: 200-250g $17-35
Propeller: 340g $18-21
Pilot: 340g $18.5-$20
Mar 28, 2019
106 posts
193 upvotes
randomroyalty wrote: St-Henri the same. 250g bags. Love their coffee but too expensive for my taste.

How do you get 30% off your first dispatch order ?
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1126 posts
739 upvotes
Montreal
MrJfrsn wrote: How do you get 30% off your first dispatch order ?
Use THIRTYOFF at checkout. I can’t say if the promo is still on however.
Mar 28, 2019
106 posts
193 upvotes
randomroyalty wrote: Use THIRTYOFF at checkout. I can’t say if the promo is still on however.

Thanks! That worked.