Kitchener

Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro Truly Wireless Bluetooth Earphones - $129.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
30%
Expiry:
October 6, 2020
30% off on Costco and Amazon. Amazon indicates that it expires tomorrow, but Costco typically runs sales for a full week.

https://www.costco.ca/anker-soundcore-l ... 71291.html
16 replies
Jul 17, 2007
440 posts
626 upvotes
Montreal
Fair deal but I have tried a fair share of headphones and always end up going back to airpods... Spend a little more and just buy them you won't regret... I personally have always had a ck. Fort issue with teh sealing kind
THE HARDEST THING ABOUT SALES,IS KNOWING WHERE NOT TO WASTE TIME
Feb 28, 2019
24 posts
54 upvotes
Do Airpods work seamlessly with android? All the features and functionality remains same as Apple when connected to an android phone? Or are there any features which are exclusive to iPhone or only works with iPhones?
Feb 21, 2019
100 posts
157 upvotes
Vancouver
In4mer514 wrote: Fair deal but I have tried a fair share of headphones and always end up going back to airpods... Spend a little more and just buy them you won't regret... I personally have always had a ck. Fort issue with teh sealing kind
There are so many options out there that are better than airpods in the same price range
Jul 17, 2007
440 posts
626 upvotes
Montreal
Gadoosh wrote: There are so many options out there that are better than airpods in the same price range
That is true, but again its all trial and error for each person
Jul 17, 2007
440 posts
626 upvotes
Montreal
harshivb wrote: Do Airpods work seamlessly with android? All the features and functionality remains same as Apple when connected to an android phone? Or are there any features which are exclusive to iPhone or only works with iPhones?
It's ok but not great... You can download some third party apps to monitor battery life usage and more but they all come with adds and sometimes glitch.. Maybe someone else has had better luck with a certain app
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2012
1026 posts
252 upvotes
Markham
Never use AirPods with non Apple devices. The user experience is horrible.

Just spend a little less and get a better headphone for your Android and PC.

I wish I never opened my Beats headphone that I got for buying MacBook Pro. The MSRP is like $399, which I might be able to sell for $200 if not opened. It works horribly on PC.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1207 posts
1189 upvotes
Gadoosh wrote: There are so many options out there that are better than airpods in the same price range
Agree for Android since the airpods are gimped on Android but for ios land... I don't think there's an equivalent that does:

Automatic Switching Between Devices
... able to seamlessly switch between them [ios devices] while wearing your AirPods. For example, if you end a phone call on your iPhone and then pick up your iPad to watch a movie, your AirPods will automatically switch over to them as well.

Optimized Charging for AirPods
Apple is bringing the optimized charging feature that it uses on iPhones and Macs to extend the lifespan of their battery to AirPods with iOS 14. Similar to your iPhone, your AirPods will also learn your usage and charging habits and then automatically wait to finish charging past 80% to prevent the battery from aging rapidly. This will help your AirPods battery life to last longer over the years. This feature is enabled by default and you will automatically get a notification on your iPhone about this.

And lastly the Airpods Pro are apparently brining special audio in ios 14... I'll believe it when I hear it..
Aug 30, 2009
358 posts
64 upvotes
I have this. There is a noticeable hiss when you play music. It's a well known issue Anker cannot fix so keep that in mind. It has to do the Qualcomm chip they use in the buds. This happens to similar ear buds (Jabra) that use the same chip, I cannot confirm just from what other people said.

As for the ear buds, the audio is pretty good, heavy on the base but can be changed on their app. The hiss is really noticeable when it's on low volume. You can't really hear it if you raise the volume or in a noisy place (outside, driving).

Personally I had trouble with my first pair. The left bud will suddenly stop working randomly. It also fail to update to the latest firmware. So I emailed Anker for a replacement because of the hissing and the left ear bud issues. So they offer to send me a replacement. They said it'll take 5~10 business days to get my replacement because it'll come from US. After couple of days I got a package from Amazon. It was the buds, so I know they didn't sent from the US, from address was from Amazon Canada. So I need to send the faulty one back. They cannot give me a pre-paid shipping label but offer to give me back in Amazon GC which I was fine with. BTW previously while exchanging email how the hissing was there they offer to give me 15% refund if I want to keep it or get a full refund if I don't want to keep it. I never bother with it yet because I suspect they will give me Amazon GC.

Anker knows about the hissing sound and they will offer replacing with "improve" buds. It's just lowering the max volume to make it less noticeable. If you get it the box will probably say "Iteration 1" which doesn't mean anything.
Feb 28, 2019
24 posts
54 upvotes
Interesting. Thanks for the info. Spending that much for airpods to use it with android is not worth the hassle considering all the 3rd party apps you have to mess around with. I do have the Anker Liberty Air 2 and I'm very happy with them. It's a perfect all-rounder. I have liberty air 2 and liberty 2 Pro. The call quality is better on liberty air 2. Music quality is great too. It's not as bass heavy as the pro but there's some decent bass. Call quality is better in air 2. If anyone wants an all rounded earphones, then just go for Liberty Air 2. You won't disappoint.
Feb 5, 2012
374 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
Would you recommend these over the pixel buds 2?
Jan 14, 2018
8 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Go for the Anker Soundcore 2 if you dont care so much about the mics. They are basically the same as these with a slightly larger case, but half the price. They also have better charge, quicker charge, and more charge in the case. The only area of performance difference is the mic, which is functional (just) on the Soundcore, but decent on the Liberty.

https://www.amazon.ca/Soundcore-Microph ... 07SJR6HL3/
Jan 9, 2012
145 posts
99 upvotes
Brampton
harshivb wrote: Do Airpods work seamlessly with android? All the features and functionality remains same as Apple when connected to an android phone? Or are there any features which are exclusive to iPhone or only works with iPhones?
I bought the Airpods Pro back when they were on sale at Visions. They're definitely worse on Android.
  • Issues connecting (sometimes the left bud would disconnect randomly, so I'd have to put it back in the case and take it out again. This would usually happen once or twice per day)
  • No battery indicator without using a janky third-party app
  • No EQ (equalizer)
  • No Google Assistant
  • No USB-C
  • No spatial audio
  • No multipoint
I sold them and got the Jabra Elite 75t.
Jul 2, 2014
458 posts
151 upvotes
Maple, ON
I am still deciding whether or not to bite the bullet on these. Been seeing a lot of reviews that suggest that the music quality very good and that is all I'll be using them for.
Feb 28, 2019
24 posts
54 upvotes
Comical wrote: I am still deciding whether or not to bite the bullet on these. Been seeing a lot of reviews that suggest that the music quality very good and that is all I'll be using them for.
If you only care about music then these are really good. If you care about both music and call quality then liberty air 2. As per my experience.