Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
2420 posts
1645 upvotes

The Annual "BF/CM deals sucked"

You know the drill. Disappointment is proportional to the level of hype.
91 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3020 posts
755 upvotes
Mars
bought an X1 Extreme 1, and a few small items here and there, nothing major. waited about 1 month for that thing shipped from China. found it was defective within 30 mins after receiving it!

this year, I have not seen anything hot enough to pull the trigger yet.

desktop, laptop, something like T/X, light and powerful enough, not a gamer though, surface pro 7, iphones, macbook pro 16, 30"+ curved monitor....

will there be some better deals on cyber monday or boxing day?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3681 posts
2301 upvotes
Ontario
I was away sadly all day and I see I missed nothing...

I needed a new Colored all in one laser printer brother style.. I see nothing screaming BF sale just normal discounts.
---
May 21, 2015
819 posts
389 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
so far it's a big fat zero . Nothing cheaper than regular sales throughout the year. :(
May 21, 2015
819 posts
389 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
I've not seen any cheaper than the HP I got last month at Staples $29.

kanechart wrote: I was away sadly all day and I see I missed nothing...

I needed a new Colored all in one laser printer brother style.. I see nothing screaming BF sale just normal discounts.
Aug 30, 2018
339 posts
125 upvotes
I am looking for a laser all in one. Preferably brother. And all I am seeing are $30 off ones.! Lackluster bf for me
Oct 11, 2010
753 posts
80 upvotes
Beneful1 wrote: so far it's a big fat zero . Nothing cheaper than regular sales throughout the year. :(
That happens every year though. Best sales are always Boxing Day.
Oct 2, 2019
277 posts
177 upvotes
What are you guys talking about! home hub for $65 buy buy buy
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2463 posts
1361 upvotes
What's up with the lack of deals? Literally nothing in my Amazon shopping cart went on sale. Not even a penny cheaper. I don't think my wallet has ever been this safe.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
2728 posts
904 upvotes
Windsor
MicroCenter had some sick deals. Picked up a B450 board for $75 open-box, a 2700x for $130 ($100 technically, as I bought a board), and 32GB Trident Neo 3600CL16 RAM for $150. All USD, but not bad. Sold my 1700x+b350+16GB of RAM for $350 yesterday, so the sidegrade only cost me $100, and I walked away with 16GB of additional ram.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
Nov 23, 2016
100 posts
58 upvotes
London
I agree. I was in the market for a) a couch and b) a home theatre system. I bought both 2-3 weeks ago during other sales. The couch I bought is $100 more for Black Friday than it was when I bought it, and the home theatre system (AVR, subwoofer and 5 speakers are all at the same price as what I bought them for earlier). Buying a few odds and ends yesterday and today, some Christmas gifts, but there was really nothing that excited me to the point where I had to get it like there have been in years past, and I'm a very impulsive person.
Nov 23, 2016
100 posts
58 upvotes
London
Best deal was the pricing error on the Nest Doorbell at HBC for $50 that a lot of people are getting cancelled, though some successfully price matched.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
6242 posts
2090 upvotes
Bfs past I used to remember pushing my button with excitement as deals would get refreshed and posted. Price errors, double credits, truly one of a kind deals but this year it seems to be dead and the best deal is probably like a $20 coupon from costco. Gone are the phone and plan deals and people are drooling over cpos and the best deal is probably on a 2 year old preowned flagship that was gone within the hour. Is it just me or is bf a total bs this year?
Dec 8, 2017
458 posts
220 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: Bfs past I used to remember pushing my button with excitement as deals would get refreshed and posted. Price errors, double credits, truly one of a kind deals but this year it seems to be dead and the best deal is probably like a $20 coupon from costco. Gone are the phone and plan deals and people are drooling over cpos and the best deal is probably on a 2 year old preowned flagship that was gone within the hour. Is it just me or is bf a total bs this year?
I got the Google Nest Hello Video Doorbel for $50 from the Bay (price error).
And the Google Nest Hub with Assistant, Charcoal for $65 (Staples $25 off code).
And the Blue Yeti Microphone for $99 (Amazon lightning deal).

So if these come through it was a pretty good BF for me.