• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2019 11:46 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3469 posts
1530 upvotes
Ontario
Were there any actual cyber Monday sales?
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4050 posts
906 upvotes
Some of the London Drugs 50% off select items are pretty hot. I picked up a Denon 5.2 receiver for $135+tax.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
1824 posts
562 upvotes
ownthesky wrote: Black Friday is for normies. If you post here regularly, you know that deals occur year-round. Thus, there's no need to be disappointed- there will always be more deals.
True RFD answer.
Dec 30, 2009
49 posts
7 upvotes
The best deal was the Alienware R8 for $1399 that I picked up in August from Costco lol
Nov 2, 2015
879 posts
367 upvotes
Markham
Powerbeats Pro - Purchase in Sporkchek back to September
$329 x 30% off + 10% off coupon

Black Friday/ Cyber Money
lowest price i found = $269.99 ...only 20% off

I am lucky I bought it in Sept
Mar 16, 2018
568 posts
605 upvotes
Hamilton
a16107 wrote: Powerbeats Pro - Purchase in Sporkchek back to September
$329 x 30% off + 10% off coupon

Black Friday/ Cyber Money
lowest price i found = $269.99 ...only 20% off

I am lucky I bought it in Sept
Bought them from The Source for 229.99 last night, they were on sale all weekend.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7698 posts
1549 upvotes
I find the "deals" now is with ebates and Aeroplan get extra rewards for shopping at retailer X, instead X giving you the discount directly...

Btw, thanks Aeroplan for closing down your site early for maintenance on Cyber Monday...
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Nov 26, 2019
65 posts
75 upvotes
vancouver
hdom wrote: I find the "deals" now is with ebates and Aeroplan get extra rewards for shopping at retailer X, instead X giving you the discount directly...

Btw, thanks Aeroplan for closing down your site early for maintenance on Cyber Monday...
Imagine still having a site that needs to go down for regular maintenance in 2019 Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7698 posts
1549 upvotes
At least not around Cyber Monday / Prime Day when Amazon is a partner. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
TravisR93419 wrote: Imagine still having a site that needs to go down for regular maintenance in 2019 Face With Tears Of Joy
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Feb 16, 2005
151 posts
68 upvotes
Vancouver
dealzhuntr wrote: Image
Exactly. I bought them for $299 before they went back to $400. Best part is I need a new couch. No one sells a couch I want. I have to special custom order it from Mobler for $3000 and a 4 month wait, Do they have a discount for anything on BF? No. They have the nerve to post a “BF sale” of 3 pages of shit they always have on sale. Not a cent will they discount off $3000, and they still charge $150 shipping. Pisses me off so much I may avoid giving them any business, even though it’s the only store I can find the couch I want, because they don’t discount on such a large ticket item and still make me wait for it. .
May 1, 2011
611 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
TCWeasel wrote: Were there any actual cyber Monday sales?
Lowes had a killer deal that lasted about 15 minutes on Sunday night when they released their Cyber code for 25% off...it stacked on top of their existing 15% off code for a total of 40% off...picked up 4 lawn mowers for family, a leaf blower, snow blower and some clearance Christmas decorations.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19621 posts
4761 upvotes
Toronto
Biggest BF for me. Spent 1600 at Costco for a new laundry set and dishwasher. Considering regular price for a laundry set is 1600 taxes in and shipped, I'm pretty happy.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26286 posts
6553 upvotes
roleless wrote: Many items I was interested in were on sale start of November.
Wait for BF and items price only went higher, how come?
Been saying this for quite some time. The Pre-BF sales have the best pricing...in Canada anyway. This was the exact same thing that happened last year. Be prepared for next year folks, the same will happen.

Again, Pre-BF sales typically better than BF, better than Boxing Day, better than Prime Day too. Well speaking of computers and electronics at least, clothing and stuff might just be cheapest on Boxing Day. Reason BD sucks these days otherwise is basically on BF they have more competition, on BD it's only Canadian retailers to go against so not as much issue charging higher prices across the board.

In US though seems like the best prices really do hit on actual BF--the night-before and the day-of.

Anyway all that said, I probably spent more this BF than any other BF.

Cyber Monday was actually better this year than any year I remember it, since being a thing in Canada.
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
899 posts
452 upvotes
smartie wrote: Soortchek sucks
yep. I hated them before.. but after Black Friday, solidified my hate. I will not shop there.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)