None
[OP]
Aug 26, 2012
101 posts
12 upvotes
Montreal

another car insurance Q...

hi,
i have a new car leased since last september , lately i did washed it in a car wash ( automated one with touch...)
it got scratched on both sides, i did a plaint to the service station's insurance company who did not accepted the responsibility of the damage of my car.

estimated repair about 1500 and over, but its a tiny scratches

Q: should i reclaim this to my insurance or not .
the car has a lease warranty which will cover up to 7000 adage at end of the lease
if i claimed the damage to my insurance, will this increase my premium for the insurance nest year!!!

thank you in advance
12 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37041 posts
23011 upvotes
Center of Universe
In this case I'd pay out of my own pocket.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15087 posts
2678 upvotes
It is hard to truly give advice without seeing the actual damage on the vehicle but I am sure a good bodyshop can remove small scratches with a variety of tools. I would even consider a good quality car detailer with some good knowledge on paint restoration.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
12628 posts
4238 upvotes
Ontario
Post Pictures so we can see whats wrong.

I would probably bring it to a good car detailer, it will cost you around $300 however they will probably fix your scratches depending on how bad they are.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
9257 posts
1816 upvotes
Ontario
I doubt your insurance company will pay for these damages as they are not a result of an insured peril...
RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER, over 35 years experience
[OP]
Aug 26, 2012
101 posts
12 upvotes
Montreal

black car and sun so not very good photos
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6290 posts
3794 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like just the clear coat got scratched up and a good detailer could buff that out.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4328 upvotes
Don't bother claiming something minor like that. Shouldn't cost more than a few hundred to fix at a reputable detailing shop.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22189 posts
3014 upvotes
I had a car wash damage a car before, it pulled on the wiper and bent the sheet metal. After the owner refused to get involved, a claim was made under comprehensive which covered everything. The deductible was later recovered from the owner and repaid. However for just minor scratches (if that), buff them out.
[OP]
Aug 26, 2012
101 posts
12 upvotes
Montreal
i don't think that this will be gone totally with just detailing, i asked two dealer , and another third party detailer , so they estimated that those will not go totally , and may need to repaint at least two parts of the vehicle .
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22189 posts
3014 upvotes
mjj1978 wrote: i don't think that this will be gone totally with just detailing, i asked two dealer , and another third party detailer , so they estimated that those will not go totally , and may need to repaint at least two parts of the vehicle .
Only way to find out is to try. Repainting is a huge headache and carries a bunch of risk. Plus the lease inspection may catch it and start asking questions.