Automotive

Another round of car insurance rebate

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2020 6:30 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
3298 posts
1686 upvotes

Another round of car insurance rebate

Looks like thepersonal is giving back another round of car insurance refund in the coming weeks.

Check with your insurance if they are also doing the same or not.
Images
  • Screenshot_20200712-011725_Chrome.jpg
13 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2012
1173 posts
426 upvotes
Cambridge
Thanks OP! Just checked Pembridge website and they are indeed sending another cheque similar to last time for anyone who has an active policy as of July 6, 2020 (last one was April 8, 2020). Cheque will be mailed in August.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6880 posts
4294 upvotes
I just got my refund notice via email:
As a result, we will be refunding all of our eligible auto insurance clients who have an auto insurance policy with us on June 30, 2020.

The good news is there is no need to apply or call in to request this refund. You will automatically be receiving the following refund for:

Auto Insurance Policy Number Refund



KXXXXX $144

The refund has been calculated based on a percentage of one month’s auto insurance premium.

Your refund will be paid using the same payment method you use to pay your auto insurance premium. For example, if you pay by pre-authorized debit, we’ll deposit your refund into the account we have on file. If you normally pay by cheque, you will be receiving a refund in the mail in the coming weeks.

For more information on our relief measures, we encourage you to visit our website.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 7, 2004
7858 posts
4655 upvotes
West GTEH!
zzricezz wrote: Looks like thepersonal is giving back another round of car insurance refund in the coming weeks.

Check with your insurance if they are also doing the same or not.
plymouthhater wrote: I just got my refund notice via email:
As a result, we will be refunding all of our eligible auto insurance clients who have an auto insurance policy with us on June 30, 2020.

The good news is there is no need to apply or call in to request this refund. You will automatically be receiving the following refund for:

Auto Insurance Policy Number Refund



KXXXXX $144

The refund has been calculated based on a percentage of one month’s auto insurance premium.

Your refund will be paid using the same payment method you use to pay your auto insurance premium. For example, if you pay by pre-authorized debit, we’ll deposit your refund into the account we have on file. If you normally pay by cheque, you will be receiving a refund in the mail in the coming weeks.

For more information on our relief measures, we encourage you to visit our website.
Received the same email yesterday. My refund is $75. I'll take it.
😎
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 11, 2004
10125 posts
980 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone else call in and ask their insurance? I got a letter from avivia told me rates going back to normal
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 24, 2016
1387 posts
1422 upvotes
ON
Desjardins did an automatic refund.
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 28, 2004
23464 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
Thx OP, parents are with The Personal and getting $60...will take it.

Wifey and I are with wawanesa...... Nothing. Didn't get anything the first rd either...

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 4, 2008
7207 posts
8987 upvotes
Scarbs
As a TD customer, I'll wait for everyone else to get their rebate first - just like the first round =(
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Jr. Member
Oct 4, 2012
159 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
Just got mine a few days ago from Desjardins.
Sr. Member
Jul 11, 2017
560 posts
562 upvotes
No rebates back from my company (Belair Direct), but I still have their COVID discount instead. My rate would be $87/mo without the discount. With it I'm paying $70/mo, but I will probably have to take it off my policy soon (Only reason for the discount is a reduction in my milage, set to 1,000km/yr, and with everything opening back up, and me going to visit family more again, I'm driving a lot more, so...)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
8434 posts
5312 upvotes
Mississauga
moalsamman wrote: Just got mine a few days ago from Desjardins.
Same here. About $120 for two vehicles.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2004
2570 posts
1287 upvotes
Hometown
Economical customer..... The company whose motto is NOTHING is too good for our customers, and we mean NOTHING!!!

Which is exactly what I got as a refund NOTHING.

UPDATE I stand corrected....

Up on further review the ever benevolent and generous Economical took $7.00 less for a payment this month, than what they had quoted me. A mere 11% savings but not NOTHING...

Ironically I did not notice the massive savings as the amount that they did take was exactly what I was paying for auto insurance before their raised my auto rates in May. Along with a 17% increase in content insurance...
Last edited by Canuck2fan on Jul 30th, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Jun 9, 2011
475 posts
242 upvotes
Canuck2fan wrote: Economical customer..... The company whose motto is NOTHING is too good for our customers, and we mean NOTHING!!!
Which is exactly what I got as a refund NOTHING.
Also with Economical and my July auto policy monthly withdrawal was ~50% of the regular amount. Didn’t apply for any rebates and no similar withdrawal reductions in prior months.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2004
2570 posts
1287 upvotes
Hometown
akon1943 wrote: Also with Economical and my July auto policy monthly withdrawal was ~50% of the regular amount. Didn’t apply for any rebates and no similar withdrawal reductions in prior months.
After double checking I did get a 11% savings so not NOTHING sorta... LOL

Top