Personal Finance

another speculation on Tangerine cc very soon?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2015 9:02 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 14, 2013
548 posts
51 upvotes
Montreal, QC

another speculation on Tangerine cc very soon?

Today called CSR about their cc, got answered that VERY SOON the cc will come out.
And it will be one of the coolest card in the market.

Who can speculate on their timing by VERY SOON? And what will be the coolest points?
37 replies
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
4544 posts
1257 upvotes
Markham
Flat 2% cb and no forex fees would be enough to make me want to switch.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Mar 19, 2015
293 posts
58 upvotes
Kasakato wrote: I'll take 3% Cb.
Jonavin wrote: Flat 2% cb and no forex fees would be enough to make me want to switch.
Dreamers :lol:
eonibm wrote: Quite a few people don't know what they are talking about and someone has to put them in line.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1450 posts
301 upvotes
Markham
deal_with_singh wrote: Can I catch (apply for) them all? :lol:
Do it soon! It might evolve into a high-cost annual fee credit card with cashback and travel points power!
Jun 11, 2015
9 posts
1 upvote
Westmount, QC
My guess is:

- No annual fee
- Interest rate under 10%
- 1% or 2% cash back
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2009
3056 posts
427 upvotes
i'd switch for 2% cashback on everything
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2014
1505 posts
560 upvotes
YVR, BC
coming out in Sept as announced on FB - fall 2015

it will be orange
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
4059 posts
4183 upvotes
I have a new hip
Jonavin wrote: Flat 2% cb and no forex fees would be enough to make me want to switch.
Hyphy wrote: i'd switch for 2% cashback on everything
Do you realize that people are allowed to have more than one card? Welcome to the big leagues, enjoy the ride.
Mar 19, 2015
293 posts
58 upvotes
obiwon wrote: My guess is:

- No annual fee
- Interest rate under 10%
- 1% or 2% cash back
I would take
No annual fee
150% interest
and 1.5% straight cash back

But who are we kidding?
eonibm wrote: Quite a few people don't know what they are talking about and someone has to put them in line.
[OP]
Aug 14, 2013
548 posts
51 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I will take it with 1.25% cashback MasterCard, with Purchase protection, extended warranty, travel accident insurance, car rental insurance, in fact a clone of Amex SimpleCash.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
4544 posts
1257 upvotes
Markham
Sauerkraut wrote: Do you realize that people are allowed to have more than one card? Welcome to the big leagues, enjoy the ride.
Of course. We all have many cards. What I'm saying is that for it to be worth it to even bother applying, it's got to have at least 2% cb and/or no forex fees. Anything else and there are 5 other cards I can use. Churn bonuses aside, there isn't much room for another 1% cb card.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
4544 posts
1257 upvotes
Markham
emeralds6edge wrote: Dreamers :lol:
They said "coolest points". Anything that's just a rehash of what everyone else is doing isn't that cool to me. It doesn't hot (in RFD terms).
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
2170 posts
341 upvotes
Mississauga
1% CB would be more than what ing can afford
Oh sada kehra bapu karda black nee, Jehra tere shahir (Toronto), Le lawan flat nee
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
8889 posts
5882 upvotes
Global Village
I predict no annual fee and 1.25% cash back with the option to deposit into your savings account every month. Maybe 1.5% if you have a Tangerine savings account and agree to deposit your cb there monthly.
[OP]
Aug 14, 2013
548 posts
51 upvotes
Montreal, QC
1.5% into Savings will be nicer.
scoper wrote: I predict no annual fee and 1.25% cash back with the option to deposit into your savings account every month. Maybe 1.5% if you have a Tangerine savings account and agree to deposit your cb there monthly.
Jun 11, 2015
9 posts
1 upvote
Westmount, QC
Many people here seems to be reward hunters and expect Tangerine to be aggressive on this level. But honestly, I doubt reward based on credit spending will be the top feature here.

See, a high reward card would most likely require them to crank up their interest rates. And a high interest rate credit product with a Tangerine logo would kill their whole branding.

To me, the Tangerine branding has always been about providing a simple way to avoid big banks sneaky baiting techniques that suck your money. Credit card reward programs are exactly that.

That's why I would more likely expect Tangerine to offer the lowest interest rate on the market with no annual fee as their killer feature. Some reward would be a bonus.