• May 29th, 2018 8:33 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
2236 posts
431 upvotes
Balzard wrote:
May 16th, 2018 10:58 am
Why not simply use a big enough pot (with aluminum foil as a lid if required)?
Do you even need a lid? lots of Sous Vide videos cooking without it. Maybe for certain type of recipes.
Sep 28, 2003
323 posts
30 upvotes
rapashoo wrote:
May 16th, 2018 11:12 am
Do you even need a lid? lots of Sous Vide videos cooking without it. Maybe for certain type of recipes.
For longer cooks, it keeps the water in instead of evaporating. Or maybe just to have a dedicated vessel so filling a pot isn't necessary every time.
Sep 17, 2008
593 posts
87 upvotes
Just FYI, I ordered this machine, cooked 0.8lb, 1 inches thick steak at 130*F for 2hr. Did not like to taste/smell of it, although it was huicy. So i returned the machine.

Not as good as advertise. For me at least.
[external links removed]
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1477 posts
634 upvotes
Quebec
s0n1c wrote:
May 16th, 2018 11:39 am
Just FYI, I ordered this machine, cooked 0.8lb, 1 inches thick steak at 130*F for 2hr. Did not like to taste/smell of it, although it was huicy. So i returned the machine.

Did you sear it after cooking it sous vide?
Sep 17, 2008
593 posts
87 upvotes
Balzard wrote:
May 16th, 2018 12:48 pm
Did you sear it after cooking it sous vide?

yes i did,
[external links removed]
Apr 10, 2008
47 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
after an initial delivery of the wrong unit, got the replacement unit today and it was the correct wifi version.
Oct 8, 2012
55 posts
9 upvotes
HI all. Bought this last week after seeing the positive reviews of it both here and other places. Wife took one look at it and nixed it, so now I have an unused anova sitting at home in the box. I could return it but if anyone is interested i'll sell it to you at what I paid, which included the 20% off. It's the Bluetooth version and I paid $108 after tax. located in Calgary.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1945 posts
922 upvotes
s0n1c wrote:
May 16th, 2018 11:39 am

For me ( and confirmed online) if cook a steak on the bbq and get the temperature right which I’m usually good with it’s much better. IMO it cooks pork chops very well
Jan 3, 2010
40 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
otaknap wrote:
May 15th, 2018 10:04 pm
like others on this thread, same thing happened to me. ordered the wifi but got the bluetooth only model.. contacting them to get the wifi model instead. any idea approx. how long it takes for them to resolve the issue? i.e. send the wifi model
I just got notification that they are sending out the 2nd replacement unit after receiving 2 wrong units. It is going to take over a week to get to Toronto as it coming from BC via Canada Post ground transfer. Assuming I get the right unit this time, it will be about a month since I first placed the order from Anova.
Feb 26, 2016
835 posts
176 upvotes
Vaughan
ring909 wrote:
May 17th, 2018 9:33 am
I just got notification that they are sending out the 2nd replacement unit after receiving 2 wrong units. It is going to take over a week to get to Toronto as it coming from BC via Canada Post ground transfer. Assuming I get the right unit this time, it will be about a month since I first placed the order from Anova.
sad. I just got notified that they'll be sending the replacement unit. I'm not sure if I should wait to receive the replacement unit first or send the wrong order back first.
Apr 10, 2008
47 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
I held onto the bluetooth one until I received the correct wifi one.
otaknap wrote:
May 17th, 2018 9:40 am
sad. I just got notified that they'll be sending the replacement unit. I'm not sure if I should wait to receive the replacement unit first or send the wrong order back first.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1477 posts
634 upvotes
Quebec
ring909 wrote:
May 17th, 2018 9:33 am
Ask them for a 30%+ discount code on a future purchase and share it here :-)
Jan 12, 2008
148 posts
3 upvotes
Also got my replacement shipped yesterday - from their Toronto distribution centre, so I should be receiving mine today (status is out for delivery). Fortunate to have a quick turnaround, hopefully it's the correct unit this time.
Jan 12, 2008
148 posts
3 upvotes
Yup, got mine just now and it's the correct model. I'm really surprised by how quick everything was for me, considering the issues others had. Looking forward to testing it out!
Sep 17, 2002
883 posts
212 upvotes
got mine last night from mailbox..will open it tonight to verify if it's the correct one.
havoks wrote:
May 17th, 2018 11:07 am
Yup, got mine just now and it's the correct model. I'm really surprised by how quick everything was for me, considering the issues others had. Looking forward to testing it out!