• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2018 8:33 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
2259 posts
1221 upvotes
North York
Email them as well and got my refund. Also just used it to make a steak today, turned out perfect.

sneakerfan wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 8:25 pm
why not simply use a $20 slow cooker? Face With Tears Of Joy
Also plastic bags aren't good for your food in hot water I assume...
Cant control the temperature to the .5F. These dont get hot enough to really "degrade" the plastic bags.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
1204 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
When does the coupon expire?
Jan 3, 2013
488 posts
263 upvotes
Raincouver
sheepe wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 9:11 pm
When does the coupon expire?
Just a wild guess maybe after mothers day?
Koodo $35/month 5 gigs
Fido Tablet plan $15/month Free for a year
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Jan 3, 2013
488 posts
263 upvotes
Raincouver
theSPOOLER wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 10:04 pm
Do I want bluetooth or WIFI?
It is bluetooth or bluethooth+WiFi. I got the one with WiFi not because I think the WiFI is actually very useful but because it is 900 watts and the cheaper one is 800 watts.

Came in handy last weekend when I was over at a friends place to cook steaks. He had invited a couple extra people and the container I had brought wasn't large enough to hold all the steaks. So I cooked them in the sink. The extra 100 watts heated the water up faster.
Koodo $35/month 5 gigs
(\__/)
Jan 3, 2013
488 posts
263 upvotes
Raincouver
I cooked a poached egg and used the app on my Pixel 2. After I noticed it gave me cooking instructions for eggs for many of the sections in the app like steaks. I reported it through the app.

Next day I got an email from someone who works on the app asking for as much detail as possible as he couldn't reproduce the problem. I provided details on how to reproduce the bug and what phone I had.

He emailed back and was able to reproduce it also. Even sent me a video of his phone showing it. They are going to fix it and update the app. The bug appears on sections that have sub menus in them if you have cooked eggs LOL

I was impressed. I never actually thought I would hear back after reporting the problem.
Koodo $35/month 5 gigs
(\__/)
Mar 11, 2002
712 posts
172 upvotes
theSPOOLER wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 10:04 pm
Do I want bluetooth or WIFI?
I had 2 Bluetooth from the kickstarter campaign, just sold one of them for $100 and got the BT + WiFi model, reason being the single largest problem is how long it takes for the water to pre-heat most of the time in my 22L Cambro it's around an hour so if I can start the water before I leave the office, it'll be at temp by the time I get home so I can drop the food in. Most things like steaks (Beef/Chicken/Pork) take around 1 hr or so.. so it really does allows for some last minute meals as I tend to vacuum seal stuff when I buy it.
Dec 18, 2017
163 posts
89 upvotes
GVA
I bought one last year on Prime Day. I really like it. If you want a PERFECT medium rare steak this does it. I finish it off by searing it on my infrared burner on the BBQ for just one minute on each side. If you don't have something like that then you can sear on a cast iron skillet as hot as you can get it. The idea is to sear the outside not cook it more. When it comes out of the sous vide the meat looks gray and unappealing so searing is ideal Makes great pork chops too as they are easy to overcook and dry out which makes them tough. I haven't used it too much yet, but will do so more this summer. Restaurants use sous vide a lot for cooking, but obviously on a much larger industrial scale.

Ziplock branded bags are okay to cook in as they are BPA free. I wouldn't trust cheap dollar store non-branded stuff though. I dug out my old Seal-A-Meal and I use that to seal off meat as it works better. You want to get as much air out of the bag as possible so that the water can transfer heat to the meat - air doesn't transfer heat very well at all. There is a trick to using baggies by filling a sink with water, putting the meat in the baggie and then slowly lowering the baggie into the water and JUST before the water gets to the top of the baggie, you seal it off without getting any water inside. This method forces the air up and out of the bag.
Oct 26, 2016
507 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
ChicoQuente wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 8:58 pm
Yes
Ok thanks! I haven't been following the price history for this unit but it seems that you have and since it is currently the lowest price, then I'll get one for use.
Brian79 wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 10:12 pm
It is bluetooth or bluethooth+WiFi. I got the one with WiFi not because I think the WiFI is actually very useful but because it is 900 watts and the cheaper one is 800 watts.
Ok I'll get the one with WiFi since it has the higher wattage. Thanks.
Aug 2, 2007
360 posts
133 upvotes
Coquitlam
Just so you guys know, you can use hot water from the tap or even boil up some water on the stove or water pot.
Jan 3, 2013
488 posts
263 upvotes
Raincouver
Got my price adjustment today, thanks!
Koodo $35/month 5 gigs
(\__/)
Mar 21, 2005
199 posts
86 upvotes
Calgary
I too emailed for a price adjustment last night. Received the adjustment today. Thanks OP!
Dec 20, 2007
18 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I called and left a message with my order# yesterday night. I got my refund thru' Paypal today. Great Thanks OP! ...