Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Anova

Anova Sous Vide 30% off all models

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2019 11:54 pm
Dec 20, 2007
169 posts
52 upvotes
vancouver
Honestly you don’t really need a vac sealer. I went years without one and sous vide many small to large items for short and long cooks with just good quality large freezer bags.

However I eventually got a great deal on a sealer and got 2 large rolls of bags off amazon for cheap that I can custom cut to my own desire and I’ve found it very convenient. These rolls last forever too. Saves money in the long run rather than buying boxes of ziploc freezer bags
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
7236 posts
3052 upvotes
GTA
rkoshack wrote: Honestly you don’t really need a vac sealer. I went years without one and sous vide many small to large items for short and long cooks with just good quality large freezer bags.

However I eventually got a great deal on a sealer and got 2 large rolls of bags off amazon for cheap that I can custom cut to my own desire and I’ve found it very convenient. These rolls last forever too. Saves money in the long run rather than buying boxes of ziploc freezer bags
yeah but sealer is cheaper for plastic and you can do huge ribs in one bag and seal it and fully immerse it. I would for sure recommend a vac sealer, its dual purpose buy meat and portion and freeze it after vacuum sealing it.
Aug 20, 2018
273 posts
302 upvotes
Reminder that these are proven to leech plastic chemicals into your food
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10175 posts
8302 upvotes
Toronto
I bought the nano for sale price last boxing day.
The clamp broke off.
I converted an old cooler into a frankencooler (for big long cooks), and used my clampless nano.
I sent it back to ANOVA, and they shipped a replacement.
To use it, would need to cut a bigger hole (to fit clamp).

As such, I might be considering buying a 2nd device - the WiFi version.
My understanding is that you can remove the clamp, right?

Having two would be useful - cooking a main meat with one, and a second side with other.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)