Expired Hot Deals

[ANOVA CULINARY] Anova Precision Cooker and Precision Cooker Pro: 25% off + gift. $174.85 and $343.85 with stackable disount code

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2020 6:46 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6500 posts
3566 upvotes
Aurora

Anova Precision Cooker and Precision Cooker Pro: 25% off + gift. $174.85 and $343.85 with stackable disount code

Deal Link:
Savings:
25% Off
Retailer:
ANOVA CULINARY
Anova is having a 25%-off spring sale of their Anova Precision Cooker ($201.75 $269) and Anova Precision Pro Cooker for ($396.75 $529). Plus a free Stasher bag (reusable silicone sous vide bag). THEN apply discount code ANOVA10 (10% off) at checkout for a total of $174.85 (Precision) or $343.85 (Precision Pro) plus tax.

Anova sous vide cookers sale: https://anovaculinary.com/products/
Stasher reusable silicone bag: https://shop.anovaculinary.com/en-ca/pr ... licone-bag
1 pc-19-parts.jpg
2 pro-spec-diagram-C.jpg
3 anova-culinary-sous-vide-silicone-bag-half-gallon-salmon.jpg
Excellent price!

Thanks, @MrFwny for confirming the coupon code is stackable with the sale price.
Last edited by DiceMan on Mar 28th, 2020 8:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
39 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3365 posts
1391 upvotes
Ottawa
Seems a Ziploc would be better
Feb 19, 2019
82 posts
135 upvotes
What's the main difference between the two models for an amateur cook? I saw that the magic of error goes from 0.1 degree to 0,05 degree and the clearer flow is slightly higher on the higher end model but how much does this really matter in a home kitchen?
Dec 15, 2017
127 posts
86 upvotes
simplealgebra wrote: What's the main difference between the two models for an amateur cook? I saw that the magic of error goes from 0.1 degree to 0,05 degree and the clearer flow is slightly higher on the higher end model but how much does this really matter in a home kitchen?
Form factor and a premium for illusion of having the best and latest gadget.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6500 posts
3566 upvotes
Aurora
simplealgebra wrote: What's the main difference between the two models for an amateur cook? I saw that the magic of error goes from 0.1 degree to 0,05 degree and the clearer flow is slightly higher on the higher end model but how much does this really matter in a home kitchen?
Hercaz wrote: Form factor and a premium for illusion of having the best and latest gadget.
Agreed. I think for 90% of customers, the regular model is more than sufficient.
  • The Pro has more wattage so it preheats faster. But I haven't found heating to be a problem with the regular model. Start with warm water. You can also boil some water separately and add to the container to speed up heating.
  • The Pro has stronger water flow and can circulate more (25 gallons, I think) so you can cook more foods at once. My regular model can heat up a Coleman cooler full of water which allows me to do 4 racks of ribs, or 2 pork shoulders, or a 2 full pork loins, etc. It's more than enough for my purposes.
  • The Pro model has 0.09F accuracy vs 0.2F for regular model. Who needs that kind of accuracy? Do pro chefs even need that accuracy? I doubt it.
Feb 2, 2006
524 posts
396 upvotes
I have the pro and keep it in the basement where it's quite a bit cooler. I was trying to make some mashed potatoes when I was using a regular container and it had a hard time reaching the recommended cooking temperature of 180 degrees.

I haven't tried it with my new neoprene insulated container with the fitted lid but I'm sure it would help.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
4439 posts
2477 upvotes
Toronto
DiceMan wrote: Agreed. I think for 90% of customers, the regular model is more than sufficient.
  • The Pro has more wattage so it preheats faster. But I haven't found heating to be a problem with the regular model. Start with warm water. You can also boil some water separately and add to the container to speed up heating.
  • The Pro has stronger water flow and can circulate more (25 gallons, I think) so you can cook more foods at once. My regular model can heat up a Coleman cooler full of water which allows me to do 4 racks of ribs, or 2 pork shoulders, or a 2 full pork loins, etc. It's more than enough for my purposes.
  • The Pro model has 0.09F accuracy vs 0.2F for regular model. Who needs that kind of accuracy? Do pro chefs even need that accuracy? I doubt it.
I have the nano, and have enjoyed it considerably.
For all my cooks, I preheat my water on the stove.

Really don't need WiFi, and while I used both Bluetooth and android app at onset, I now only use the device itself. My only major complaint with nano is the clip is not removable. Last summer, my clip snapped off.
Around that time, I converted a Coleman arctic cooler for cooks (drilled opening in top), which the clipless nano slides in perfectly. Was very awesome for cooking batch loads of corn on cob, and a 3 day full brikset cook.
Unfortunatelyz, have not used the cooler since I warranty replaced the nano, as it no longer slides in with clip.

As such, have been thinking about buying the non pro version, assuming is roughly same dimension as nano and would fit in. Having two would be nice, as it would allow more options for making side dishes alongside main cook. Having more power would be nice, but really not necessary as I am fairly used to my system of heating water first. Certainly not worth paying $200 or $400. Might just snag another Nano.
Jan 21, 2018
236 posts
58 upvotes
Pretty good deal. I got the precision Cooker for 25% off during Valentine's Day as well, been using it a lot ever since! Great quality, and it has WiFi connection
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6500 posts
3566 upvotes
Aurora
shikotee wrote: I have the nano, and have enjoyed it considerably.
For all my cooks, I preheat my water on the stove.
Yeah, I do this too. It's a good timesaver.
shikotee wrote: Really don't need WiFi, and while I used both Bluetooth and android app at onset, I now only use the device itself. My only major complaint with nano is the clip is not removable. Last summer, my clip snapped off.
Around that time, I converted a Coleman arctic cooler for cooks (drilled opening in top), which the clipless nano slides in perfectly. Was very awesome for cooking batch loads of corn on cob, and a 3 day full brikset cook.
Unfortunatelyz, have not used the cooler since I warranty replaced the nano, as it no longer slides in with clip.
Yes, you don't really need wifi. I first had the original BT version which worked fine. Then I sold it to get the wifi version for the increased power. But I did find the wifi convenient because you can actually monitor and control it when you're away from home through the app.

Here's my Coleman setup and my most recent sous vide cook of pork tenderloin.
20191013_114628.jpg
20200324_182351a.jpg
shikotee wrote: As such, have been thinking about buying the non pro version, assuming is roughly same dimension as nano and would fit in. Having two would be nice, as it would allow more options for making side dishes alongside main cook. Having more power would be nice, but really not necessary as I am fairly used to my system of heating water first. Certainly not worth paying $200 or $400. Might just snag another Nano.
Actually, I think having both a Nano and a Precision cooker is a good idea. I'd keep the Nano in the kitchen for quick, small jobs and the Precision in the basement with the Coleman cooler setup for large, long (20+ hour) cooks.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
4439 posts
2477 upvotes
Toronto
DiceMan wrote: Yeah, I do this too. It's a good timesaver.
Big time. When I first bought my nano, I used a big stove pot as my container for several months.
Since the water was in a pot, just made sense to heat it on stove first until you achieve desired temp.
The nano is hella weak - can't even imagine how long it would take to do it for my cooler.
DiceMan wrote: Yes, you don't really need wifi. I first had the original BT version which worked fine. Then I sold it to get the wifi version for the increased power. But I did find the wifi convenient because you can actually monitor and control it when you're away from home through the app.

Here's my Coleman setup and my most recent sous vide cook of pork tenderloin.
20191013_114628.jpg20200324_182351a.jpg
Nice.
I just haven't had scenarios where I am on the run and doing a cook.
Also - have not encountered a single recipe that requires any sort of temp change mindway through the cook.
Sure - it's kinda neat you can check in, but not really an essential need for my shoes.
Can appreciate how others would enjoy this.

DiceMan wrote: Actually, I think having both a Nano and a Precision cooker is a good idea. I'd keep the Nano in the kitchen for quick, small jobs and the Precision in the basement with the Coleman cooler setup for large, long (20+ hour) cooks.
Yup - it is what I had in mind.
Would definitely appreciate a power boost.

Will likely hold out until next Black Friday should I opt to snag a Precision.
I purchased a food grade rectangular container with lid that I cut out,
and it can handle a fairly big load. My two year warranty for the nano expires in December.
If something goes wrong with it before then, would likely contact customer service and see if they'd let me upgrade.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3017 posts
1508 upvotes
West Coast
I don't need the pro, but the "bigger and better" does call to me at times, especially the bigger flow volumes. I am still using a first gen Anova and a first gen Sansaire (yes, that one) and they're both going strong. Even the upscale models are pretty damn cheap when you factor in how long these will last and the "savings" of buying cheaper meats as a result of the sous-vide cooking method.

I love these things.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9100 posts
7420 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I find my Anova gathering dust in the basement after only a couple of uses.
It takes a long time to cook anything and then you still need to pan fry the food after.
It's simply not practical.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6500 posts
3566 upvotes
Aurora
DragonRider wrote: I find my Anova gathering dust in the basement after only a couple of uses.
It takes a long time to cook anything and then you still need to pan fry the food after.
I'm the opposite. I'll use my Anova once a week on average. While you do have to plan on what you want to eat, you pretty much have to do that for most types of cooking. With sous vide, you're trading time for convenience. The "active" work in preparing a meal can be just minutes - salt + pepper your food, put it in a ziplock bag, and throw it in the water. While the actual cooking time can be double-digit hours. So if I want to cook a 8 lb pork shoulder, for example, it takes me about 15 minutes to prep it and if I want to serve it for 6 pm Sunday dinner, I'll know to start it 6 pm Saturday for a 24 hour cook.
Sep 17, 2012
26 posts
11 upvotes
Woodbridge
The discount code ANOVA10 seems to stack with this sale which brought my total with tax for the regular precision cooker to 183.59 CAD

Pretty good deal.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12991 upvotes
shylok wrote: Seems a Ziploc would be better
If you want to get technical, a vacuum sealer would be better and for me is a FAR more used appliance.
DiceMan wrote: Agreed. I think for 90% of customers, the regular model is more than sufficient.
I would actually argue for 99% of customers.
The only reason you'd need nearly that much precision is in a lab.

The Pro has stronger water flow and can circulate more (25 gallons, I think) so you can cook more foods at once. My regular model can heat up a Coleman cooler full of water which allows me to do 4 racks of ribs, or 2 pork shoulders, or a 2 full pork loins, etc. It's more than enough for my purposes.
For the price difference (or even using a cheaper competitor) I think I'd rather use 2 units over a single unit.
A friend of mine has like 6 of them in his restaurant.
The Pro model has 0.09F accuracy vs 0.2F for regular model. Who needs that kind of accuracy? Do pro chefs even need that accuracy? I doubt it.
I'm obviously not the best chef in the world, but even in the world of ultra high end fine dining I can't see the need for precision of more than 1F, let alone 0.2F. 0.09F is just.... overkill.
shikotee wrote: I just haven't had scenarios where I am on the run and doing a cook.
Also - have not encountered a single recipe that requires any sort of temp change mindway through the cook.
Sure - it's kinda neat you can check in, but not really an essential need for my shoes.
Can appreciate how others would enjoy this.
Ever since the first BT model came out I was like WTF.
The ONLY thing I can think of is preheating before coming home from work, but even then. Start a kettle of boiling water when you walk in the door. By the time you've settled in your water is boiling. Use that to adjust the temp.

I've never once had to change the temp or start/stop remotely.

Checking on status would be nice if there was a power outage or low water alarm or something, but I'm not one to start something then leave the house for 3 day.
I'm usually in my kitchen more than once.

DragonRider wrote: I find my Anova gathering dust in the basement after only a couple of uses.
It's not meant for fast. It's meant for slow.
If you want fast, you want a pressure cooker.
Dec 11, 2006
22 posts
10 upvotes
Chiming in as a former long time user of an Anova bluetooth+wifi model. After 3 years of regular usage, the controller failed. Temperature readout was inaccurate and the control loop was oscillating constantly. Not useable anymore. This was a known issue with the model I had as there were spots where humidity could be collected inside reaching the electronic.

I have contacted Anova, and given that it was out of warranty, I was only offered a very small discount. Given that I love sous-vide cooking and that it is an essential part in our kitchen, I went ahead and bought a much cheaper Instant Pot Accu Slim Sous Vide Immersion Circulator. It came out at 100$. I refused to pay >200$ for something that is not more reliable.

Fred
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6500 posts
3566 upvotes
Aurora
MrFwny wrote: The discount code ANOVA10 seems to stack with this sale which brought my total with tax for the regular precision cooker to 183.59 CAD

Pretty good deal.
Wow! Thanks a lot @MrFwny . I think your info makes this an excellent deal! OP updated.
Jan 18, 2016
20 posts
113 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
We use our Precision constantly and even cooked our pre-stuffed 8kg Christmas turkey with it this year. Never had any issues with water flow or power. IMHO the Precision is probably all you'd ever need in the average kitchen