• Jan 10th, 2020 2:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
9727 posts
4888 upvotes
Markham

Anova just annouced a new countertop Precision Steam Oven

Pricing hasn't been released yet. For those in the know, these go for $5k or more for a Miele model. I've been saying to myself there's no reason the pricing doesn't come down to a more reasonable number...I'm hoping $500-$1000. There are steam convection toaster ovens but the capacity of those units is laughable to me...I need something I can bake bread in.

https://oven.anovaculinary.com/

The Anova Precision® Oven achieves results you can’t get anywhere else. The world’s first professional-grade combination steam oven made for the home kitchen is going to change the way you cook everything.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
3 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
26300 posts
11738 upvotes
I remember reading something about them thinking about making one. Glad to see it's come to fruition.

I REALLY hope when they say "Professional" that it'll hold a standard quarter sheet pan.
It drives me up the wall that everyone uses custom sizes.

Also I really hope that you can use it without an app.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
9727 posts
4888 upvotes
Markham
death_hawk wrote: I remember reading something about them thinking about making one. Glad to see it's come to fruition.

I REALLY hope when they say "Professional" that it'll hold a standard quarter sheet pan.
It drives me up the wall that everyone uses custom sizes.

Also I really hope that you can use it without an app.
Agree with the fit standard sheet pan size hope [and pray!]. I also hope price is reasonable and not like $5000. A good number might be $500 suggested retail price IMO seeing as that toaster oven sized steam oven from Cuisinart IIRC is like $200.

All the controls look to be there so although you might be able to use an app, it doesn't look to be a requirement. [Just like the Anova Sous Vide].
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1064 posts
578 upvotes
The Cuisinart unit is wholly inadequate as a steam oven and convection oven. It's just great at being a good toaster oven, with a whiff of steam.