Computers & Electronics

Answer found - Google Drive, can I easily allow others to upload files to my folder?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2018 5:35 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2003
1432 posts
526 upvotes
North York

Answer found - Google Drive, can I easily allow others to upload files to my folder?

UPDATE: I found my answer, didn't realize sharing the folder also means other can upload stuff (I thought sharing was just read access only)

I'm in charge of creating my kid's yearbook and I need to get parents to upload their photos for various school events thru the year for me to organize.

I prefer to use Google Drive as it allows 15GB storage for free (vs dropbox or outlook), but I can't find a quick and easy way to allow other parents to upload photos to one my folders.

I found DriveUploader, but it seems to be really slow uploading even small files, and I could only view the photos in my folder when I logged in DriveUploader's own website (and not directly with Google drive's website)
There's also Google Dropbox script, but it only allows one file upload at a time (I need multi file upload option)

I was thinking of just creating a junk gmail account and then share the login/password with all the parents to upload photos that way.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)