561 upvotes
Coquitlam

Anthem - $39.99 @ Best Buy and Amazon

Price:
Savings:
50%
Expiry:
May 9, 2019
I suppose if anyone is interested Anthem is on sale for half off at both Amazon and Best Buy......wow that was fast.

Amazon - https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=Anthem&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
Best Buy - https://m.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/search?search=Anthem
Last edited by Pr0matic on May 5th, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3718 posts
3729 upvotes
Alberta
Not surprising at all...
Apr 15, 2014
962 posts
821 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Bought at full price after a friend recommended it. That friend is no longer my friend. The game sucks.
Please respond
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11784 posts
2727 upvotes
Toronto
Pr0matic wrote: I suppose if anyone is interested Anthem is on sale for half off at both Amazon and Best Buy......wow that was fast.

Amazon - https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=Anthem&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
Best Buy - https://m.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/search?search=Anthem
I predict that this will be the next "Titan Fall 2" type discounted game to show up on Dollarama shelves for $4 sometime in the near future!

Not that I am saying it is anywhere near the quality of Titan Fall 2 quality of game...not by a long shot...but this game will have tons of unsold units...and Dollarama may lap it all up at a wholesale price to sell it a $4.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Nov 13, 2018
543 posts
1273 upvotes
Do not buy this game. I bought on recommendation from a friend and it's absolutely terrible, unfinished, etc.

I'm not even much of a gamer and even I read out of interest.
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
245 posts
139 upvotes
My buddy and I played it coop when they first dropped the demo and I actually thought it was pretty cool. We were even saying we'd try the full game. Then it dropped and it got all these terrible reviews.... Wtf happened?? I was surprised.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2990 posts
1705 upvotes
111swerve wrote: My buddy and I played it coop when they first dropped the demo and I actually thought it was pretty cool. We were even saying we'd try the full game. Then it dropped and it got all these terrible reviews.... Wtf happened?? I was surprised.
If you liked the demo then you will like this.

I play with my gf and we love it.

We don't get crashes or bugs anymore at all really and the gameplay is still top notch.

That said we've only put maybe 150 hours into it, so it's possible we haven't seen what people are so upset about. We currently play on GM2 (2nd hardest tier)

As for Division 2.. it does everything right except be fun. Reminds me of RDR2.. great execution but I just never had fun playing it.

That said we also really love playing Outward and Generation Zero together. I guess its more about who you play with than the game itself hehe.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1005 posts
732 upvotes
I have this game, got it for $0. It's very repetitive and the way they limit fly time is irritating. It's not terrible, but it feels pretty rough and unpolished.
Nov 30, 2009
461 posts
146 upvotes
I bought at full price and found some enjoyment with Anthem, but even $39.99 is too much for this game as it is.

I'm still hoping they will fix the game but it's going to take them a long time.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5995 posts
1856 upvotes
Scarborough
I looked into this game and then I remembered that I don't even play Warframe anymore
Sep 30, 2013
291 posts
184 upvotes
NF
They recently cancelled their roadmap of planned things for the game. Lead developers have moved to dragon age 4. Anthem is dead, let it die
Jan 20, 2013
171 posts
255 upvotes
Cold Lake
It's a crap game, but its Canadian!!
Jul 24, 2012
263 posts
129 upvotes
Canada
I'm really glad I cancelled my preorder on this one. Look into the development article on Kotaku and you'll understand why this game turned out be such a gong show.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2014 posts
706 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I'm waiting for 20$
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4697 posts
3146 upvotes
No way EA is going to turn it around. From their track records of ME:A, Titanfall 2, BFV, and SWBF2, they just give up and move onto the next project.