3884 upvotes
Winnipeg
that's funny.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7177 posts
9151 upvotes
The NORTH
Wow, those lawyers are earning their money.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7495 posts
4124 upvotes
Debtario
block 192.168.x.x and 10.x.x.x too! Those damn router login pages are used by pirates, only criminals port-forward.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29051 posts
14592 upvotes
To be fair 127.0.0.1 does pirate a WHOLE lot of stuff....
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26037 posts
10720 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Block 142.251.33.174
Its like a gateway drug Smiling Face With Open Mouth
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2006
2850 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
If google blocked 127.0.0.1 the internet would implode.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29051 posts
14592 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: Block 142.251.33.174
Its like a gateway drug Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Did I miss a joke? That resolves to a Google Cloud IP.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26037 posts
10720 upvotes
Socially Distanced
death_hawk wrote: Did I miss a joke? That resolves to a Google Cloud IP.
Exactly. As the worlds biggest search engine the internet would lose its marbles if it suddenly went offline Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7495 posts
4124 upvotes
Debtario
Just goes to show how automated and thoughtless these takedown notices are.

Must be scripts or someone blindly copy/pasting text into generic templates. Gotta be efficient if you wanna spam.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29051 posts
14592 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: Exactly. As the worlds biggest search engine the internet would lose its marbles if it suddenly went offline Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Oh... I get it now. It's not a Google Cloud IP (as in one of their cloud services) it resolves to Google the search engine.
I stuffed the IP into Maxmind and it resolved to Google Cloud so I assumed it was one of their servers for rent. I couldn't figure out how blocking that would do anything.
Still though... blocking one IP for Google Search isn't gonna do squat. There's a bunch more where that came from lol.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26037 posts
10720 upvotes
Socially Distanced
death_hawk wrote: Oh... I get it now. It's not a Google Cloud IP (as in one of their cloud services) it resolves to Google the search engine.
I stuffed the IP into Maxmind and it resolved to Google Cloud so I assumed it was one of their servers for rent. I couldn't figure out how blocking that would do anything.
Ah, i kinda wondered why you said cloud.
Still though... blocking one IP for Google Search isn't gonna do squat. There's a bunch more where that came from lol.
A few games of whack a mole can take out google.
Not like they have infinite IP numbers Smiling Face With Open Mouth

After all the internet is a series of tubes
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29051 posts
14592 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: Ah, i kinda wondered why you said cloud.
That's why I didn't understand the joke... I looked up who owned the IP but not what was at the IP.
A few games of whack a mole can take out google.
Not like they have infinite IP numbers Smiling Face With Open Mouth
So being a bored little shit, I decided to google what IPs Google uses.
Turns out they have millions of IPs. Here's the full list:
https://www.gstatic.com/ipranges/goog.json
Now... obviously Google doesn't use all of these just for their search engine, but it wouldn't shock me if they used a few thousand of them.

Fun fact: That's JUST Google's stuff.
Their consumer cloud has even more IPs:
https://www.gstatic.com/ipranges/cloud.json

That's a lot of tube destinations....
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26037 posts
10720 upvotes
Socially Distanced
death_hawk wrote: That's why I didn't understand the joke... I looked up who owned the IP but not what was at the IP.

So being a bored little shit, I decided to google what IPs Google uses.
If your bored i can ask some frozen steak cooking advice Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Turns out they have millions of IPs. Here's the full list:
https://www.gstatic.com/ipranges/goog.json
Now... obviously Google doesn't use all of these just for their search engine, but it wouldn't shock me if they used a few thousand of them.

Fun fact: That's JUST Google's stuff.
Their consumer cloud has even more IPs:
https://www.gstatic.com/ipranges/cloud.json

That's a lot of tube destinations....
Back in the early days of the internet people used to put up a lot of you have reached the end of the internet joke pages.
Perhaps Google is the actual end of the internet.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29051 posts
14592 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: If your bored i can ask some frozen steak cooking advice Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Sure. Make a post in food. Unless it's already there and I haven't read it yet.
I doubt it's sensitive so no real reason to take it to PMs.
Back in the early days of the internet people used to put up a lot of you have reached the end of the internet joke pages.
Perhaps Google is the actual end of the internet.
Or just the beginning?
*cues Twilight Zone music*
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26037 posts
10720 upvotes
Socially Distanced
death_hawk wrote: Sure. Make a post in food. Unless it's already there and I haven't read it yet.
More an offer since you are bored, its still in the freezer with no ETA.
I doubt it's sensitive so no real reason to take it to PMs.
Obviously Wagyu beef given my standard RFD 100K income, very sensitive Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Or just the beginning?
*cues Twilight Zone music*
We were so innocent in those days, no alternative facts, no covid, no extreme climate change weather...
Aug 27, 2004
758 posts
193 upvotes
Cyberspace
M1K3Z0R wrote: block 192.168.x.x and 10.x.x.x too! Those damn router login pages are used by pirates, only criminals port-forward.
QFT! And 172.16.0.0/20 many networks of pirates there.
They should also block 127.0.0.2 and everything up to 127.255.255.255. THINK - OF - THE - CHILDREN!
Also, don't forget ipv6 pirate addresses like 0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0001 that try to hide behind their zeroes.
Aspiring Old Guy

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)