Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 21, 2015
573 posts
761 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Any Card Rewards on Travel Purchase?

I find only BMO WE (2.1% effective) and Amex Cobalt (2%).

They both have annual fee.

Any alternatives with less fee or higher reward rate?
5 replies
Sep 10, 2016
75 posts
26 upvotes
texasbruce wrote: I find only BMO WE (2.1% effective) and Amex Cobalt (2%).

Amex Platinum / Gold - 2x aeroplan / Ba avios
HSBC mastercard - 2+ - BA/ Asia miles/Singapore kris
Aug 17, 2006
467 posts
417 upvotes
texasbruce wrote: There is no card list there for travel purchase reward
You mean the "List of each bank's highest travel reward card" are not good enough along with the 4 pages that follow? Your BMO and AMEX are both listed. Along with others suggested and discussed. If you want direct responses from others they will point you towards some or all of these cards.

If you are looking for another one off that list I'll give you one. Amex Business Bonvoy gives you x3 Bonvoy points.

Your short question does not take into consideration on what type of travel (air, train, car, taxi/uber/lyft etc) you want nor if you want cashback or other rewards. Either be more descriptive in your question or do a bit of reading in each of these forums including the first post and check out what works best for your situation.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
6071 posts
7512 upvotes
Montreal
jammin825 wrote:
You mean the "List of each bank's highest travel reward card" are not good enough along with the 4 pages that follow? Your BMO and AMEX are both listed. Along with others suggested and discussed. If you want direct responses from others they will point you towards some or all of these cards.
He's looking for cards that have a higher earn rate on travel expenses, not cards that can give you "travel rewards". ("Travel rewards" is basically a meaningless term to me, as all cards that offer any type of reward, including cashback can be used for "travel rewards". It's just part of a marketing plan of the FIs.)

texasbruce wrote: I find only BMO WE (2.1% effective) and Amex Cobalt (2%).

As far as I know, the only cards that give higher rates than what you posted are:

1) HSBC WE MC ($149 AF), which gives you 3% on travel (or potentially higher if you transfer your points to frequent flyer programs);

2) TD FCT Visa Infinite ($120 AF), which gives you 4.5% on travel booked and redeemed through ExpediaForTD;

3) Amex Gold ($150 AF) and Amex Platinum (net $499 AF), which give you 3% on travel booked through Amex Travel and 2% on travel booked elsewhere (or potentially higher if you transfer your points to frequent flyer programs);

4) Scotia Passport Gold ($110 AF), which gives you 5.0% for travel booked through Scotia Travel.

If you are able to get U.S. credit cards, you have many more options there, e.g., CSR, CIP, Citi Prestige, Citi Premier, Amex Platinum, Amex Gold, Amex Green, and others.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)