Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2005
1213 posts
108 upvotes
Vaughan, On
DavidY wrote: The base Fiesta is pretty cheap...starting at $12,499 for either the S sedan or the S hatchback. No keyless remote or A/C however. The SE sedan or hatchback start at $14,999.

I like Kia Forte, but probably wouldn't buy one new....they depreciate too quickly IMO. Better to save some $$ and buy a slightly used one. You still have a 5 year 100,000 km bumper to bumper warranty.

Dave
I guess I will settle with Kia Rio, but the problem is that I couldn't find a used 2012 Kia Rio, not even slightly used.... :confused: :confused: :confused:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2005
1213 posts
108 upvotes
Vaughan, On
Jon04CTS wrote: I'm guessing it's different in Canada because Canadians are much more price conscious so the manufacturers are making Canadian spec base models to try and lower the price.

For example a Lexus CT in the US comes with more equipment than a base CT here. Same with the Buick Verano. Chevrolet Cruze in the US comes standard with A/C, but not here. In the US prices have inflated due to more standard equipment. It's still true for some models. If you look at a Taurus they've gone from $18k in 2003 to $28k in 2012.

Not sure why the OP refers to a $9k Cavalier since your link quotes a '03 Cavalier at $15k.
I saw it in person, at GM dealer on Eglington east, around warden maybe (can't remember the exactly location) back in 2003 summer, it was sitting in their showroom, 5-spd manual, with AC, but no power windows norlocks, brand new and the price tag said $9999.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
26669 posts
3572 upvotes
Montreal
Jon04CTS wrote: Depends on which trim level you're talking about. If you look at a base Sonic LS and a base Cavalier from '03, the difference isn't much once you factor in how car prices have inflated.
Be warned, the base Sonic 1.8L engine uses a timing belt. It's also a gutless wonder.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7302 posts
1152 upvotes
Alberta
jian1 wrote: I guess I will settle with Kia Rio, but the problem is that I couldn't find a used 2012 Kia Rio, not even slightly used.... :confused: :confused: :confused:
There are quite a few in the Autotrader.ca website.

Dave