Home & Garden

Any Costco Mesh Back Black Office Chair review?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2020 1:18 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1371 posts
1038 upvotes
Whitby

Any Costco Mesh Back Black Office Chair review?

I was looking for office chair and found this on sale, but it doesn't have any review, not on Costco and not on Walmart which has it too.

Does anyone have any experience with this one?

https://www.costco.ca/mesh-back-black-m ... 77907.html
imageService.jpeg
[external link removed]
9 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3407 posts
1600 upvotes
Mississauga
I saw one in the store .. looks similar .. was 119.99.. it was true innovation.

This one does not say the brand.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1371 posts
1038 upvotes
Whitby
TLSRULZ wrote: I saw one in the store .. looks similar .. was 119.99.. it was true innovation.

This one does not say the brand.
Were you able to try it? Did it feel like a good buy?
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2004
1565 posts
334 upvotes
Ajax
I purchased a similar chair for $119 from Costco business center in Scarborough. It's very nice and comfortable for the price. Would recommend.
May 28, 2012
11745 posts
4281 upvotes
Saskatoon
My son had that same chair. There was a design flaw with the seat (something to do with how it was attached to the base). Also the arms loosened up and couldn't be tightened, which can be annoying. We replaced it with the Staples Hyken chair which has been fine so far.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2011
1137 posts
543 upvotes
GTA
Check out Markus chair at ikea.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2008
5027 posts
1706 upvotes
I bought this right before the lockdown.

It's fine for ~$100
Let's hug it out
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3407 posts
1600 upvotes
Mississauga
Mars2012 wrote: My son had that same chair. There was a design flaw with the seat (something to do with how it was attached to the base). Also the arms loosened up and couldn't be tightened, which can be annoying. We replaced it with the Staples Hyken chair which has been fine so far.
The staples hyken technical mesh chair is 299. OPs is $149... you cant compare.
May 28, 2012
11745 posts
4281 upvotes
Saskatoon
TLSRULZ wrote: The staples hyken technical mesh chair is 299. OPs is $149... you cant compare.
I bought it for around the same price (on sale before Christmas last year and there was a promo code). The OP asked for a review of the chair and I gave it. We also went through at least three of those fake leather office chairs from Costco warehouse and they weren't built to last either. I love Costco, but not so much their office chairs.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4710 posts
4418 upvotes
Toronto
Bought it a few months ago for a family member working from home and no complaints. I have the Staples Hyken myself, but it wasn't on sale at the time. I would have considered the IKEA one if it was on sale, but IKEA had horrendous lineups and pickups at the time. This was the best value for around $120 in-store at the time with low stress to purchase one.

IMHO, the foam seat seems to be slightly softer than much more expensive office chairs I've used, but the person using it 7+ hours per day has no complaints.

You're not going to think it's the best chair in the world, but neither will you hate it, and you've got Costco's awesome return policy.

I've been in one Costco that has signs saying display chairs were taken away because of Covid, but then went to another one where they were on display (and a shopper was sitting in one and chatting on their phone).